• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling a bit down today

I live near Cromer.
Tried to get funding but got turned down by pct.
Now going private. Have my consultation next week at Norwich.
Don't see many people on here from Norfolk. I thought about going abroad at one stage (belgium) but decided to pay more and stay closer to home.

Hello and welcome, just want to wish you all the best for your consultation, and your journey. I have been turned down twice by my PCT, am hoping it will be third time lucky next year lol. xxxx

Hi Tray,
had my surgery 5/12/09 so now on day 10 post surgery & doing ok...

I had the choice to go to the Hommerton Hospital or Luton,& chose Hommerton as the one for me...

Good luck with your appointment on Friday....

Dawn

hope all goes well with ur op hun , it will be good to hear about how you got on. also how the heck did u stick to the milk diet. im dreading it . if i could stick to a diet i wouldnt need wls ..lol i better explain i have forgotten i was on my husband username ...lol
tray xxx

we are all failed dieters on here, thats why we need the sugery.
the milk diet is not as bad as it sounds!!
when you know the op is really going to happen, and if you want the surgery bad enough, you will do anything they tell you.
hope this helps sue.

i had mine there on the 25th novemeber. i had to do the milk diet twice. once for 4 weeks to lose 5% and one for 2 weeks to shrink the liver... its 3 pints semi skimmed milk - 1 oxo cube - 2l of extra no added sugar fluids and 1/2 pint no added sugar jelly. my op was fine had the bypass but i stayed in a little longer as i got alot of infections after, i also had a massive allergic reaction to the anti biotics. the team that looked after me was amazing! and dr jain came and saw me every day. hope this helps x

Hey my milk diet is slightly different i have been on 4pints a milk per day and 2 oxo cubes oh and 2 litres of water as a minimum:)

Sharon

i followed mine to the letter the first time but the second time i just couldnt do it... i ate quite abit! i still lost 1 stone 4 thou and they never knew! but shhh dont tell! i cant drink milk at all now makes me gip! xx

Haha i wont tell promise:) Getting really nervous now i got my bags packed now and ready to go:)

I have to go in tommmorrow so not have much longer to go:) Im also getting quite emotional now to, hope im doing the right thing here?
Sharon xx

Sharon

ooo good luck! dont worry i cryed walking in to the theatre! they were all really nice! i think its normal to feel a little emotional its a huge thing! if it helps in the 2 weeks ive been home ive lost 1 stone 8 (the last time i got weighed was sat - i do it once a week) and ive gone down 2 dress sizes already! i dont regret it for 1 second! x

Hiys Tracey

Just replied your your hubbys thread. But Im in Manchester an am 7 months out - anything you want to ask - ask away hun x

Thats really nice to hear Kirsty thanks hun:) am a little bit happier now about going in can you remember who your surgeon was?

Sharo xx

Good luck Sharon. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I just had a letter today to say I have an appt there on Thursday to see the dr at the obesity clinic. Not sure what will happen any ideas.

Hi Sharon
Don't know if you remember me you introduced me to this forum when we met at the L&D.
Best wishes for your op, hope you make a quick recovery.

tickers

i have just made a ticker but i dont know how to add it to my profile as i keep getting told i dont have permission to open my profile? any answers please

Last edited:
I'm sure you will be fine hun,
You have had the strength to get this far & you will have the strenght tomorrow too, we will all be thinking of you....

What was most bazaar for me was sitting in bed post surgery... then the realisation happened that all the wait, & battling was over... that day was the begining of a new start for me in my new life...
Good luck...

sorry havent been on for a few days... hopefully you will be all done by now :D mine was dr jain.. xx

Back