• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling a bit down today

sure you will do that no problem x

weight difference in home scales to hospital scales

i have to go to luton hospital on tuesday to see if i have lost my 5% weight, if i have then i will be referred to see the surgeon, my scales say i have lost the amount they want me to, but im worried incase the hospital scales weigh heavy has anyone found the scales to weigh a lot different ?

I found that the scales at the L&D weighed me lighter, about 1kg, than my home salter digital ones....but when I was doing my required 5% I weighed myself on my scales b4 the initial hospital visit so I could take the home weight as the start weight....

Good luck for Tuesday..let us know how you get on x

Depends on the type of scales and what you are wearing.
Try and wear similar clothes ( or lighter) and take off your shoes
I didnt realise my trainers wieghed 2lb
Good luck

I always weigh myself naked, first thing in the morning & after I've been to the loo. Gives me the lightest possible reading :8855:

I did consider putting a small weight in my pocket to be weighed at hospital so when you go back and get re-weighed you've definitely lost something :D But I decided against it as you're only cheating yourself and if they find out they might throw you off the programme! :eek:

Like the others say, it depends when and how you weigh.

If your appointment is a 3.30pm and you usually weight at home naked first thing in the morning you will probably weigh more at the hospital

Good luck though.:)

I think most scales vary slightly. I was 4lbs heavier at the hospital than I was at home, but I also weigh 1st thing in the a.m. and I was weighed at 4 p.m. at the hospital so that all 'adds' on.

Great idea about fitting weights in your pockets though, wish I'd have though about that ! :8855:

I'm with mixxy.......... get naked! They'll be so shocked they won't even notice the scales lol....

Seriously we all weigh different at different times of the day! Wear the lightest clothes you can and don't hold your breath, extra air lol xxx Good luck x

I'm with mixxy.......... get naked! They'll be so shocked they won't even notice the scales lol....

Seriously we all weigh different at different times of the day! Wear the lightest clothes you can and don't hold your breath, extra air lol xxx Good luck x
DySnag062DLaughingSmilie2DPMSL.gif

thanks all .. the trouble is, that when i was weighed at the hospital, it was the day before i was meant to start milk diet . but the next day i had the car crash, and so i gained about 7 lbs in the 5 weeks, as i was just sitting around. my old scales were crap, so got some digital ones, but not sure how accurate they are . well i guess i will find out come tuesday .. really crap time to be getting weighed as it is my TOM next week , and i normally put on about 5 lbs, will let you know how i get on tho.xxx

Buy a cheap bag of sugar or something you no weight of then your know if they acturate or not

Good luck with it all

xx

take your scales with you :) then you can show them what you weigh on them x

luton scales made me lighter too.. even to the boots ones xx

Last time I went to Luton Tracey they weighed me about 0.8kg lighter than mine. Good luck on Tuesday let me know how you get on. I will pm you my mobile number so you can text me if you would like to.

hospital tomorrow

well tomorrow i go to luton to see if i have lost my 5% of body weight. i hope ive done it, if i have then i will get a date to see the surgeon, will update you when i come home, fingers crossed ive done it .....:)

Back