• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling a bit down today

It was good to have a chat with you earlier Tracey and just think we will both have our ops before the summer is out, so at Christmas (sorry to mention ) this already but watch out how different will we look. Like Julie says in the summer we can lounge in the garden making our recovery with the occasional walk and lots of thirst quenching water.

Broken ribs are not much fun, who wants to punish themselves with dietin too.
You'll get there Tray, we all have confidence in you and as phatmomma says what a lovely time to have off after your op.:) xx

:hug99:

Give your body time to heal. By the end of the year you will be a new you. x

Sorry you are feeling down today but pleased that you have reached your decision. Just give those ribs a bit of time, i had my surgery last August and was feeling so so good for Christmas and that will be you too. I too m sending a huge but very gentle hug with lots of get well wishes and remember just take those baby steps because soon they will become giant ones xx

i just want to say a huge thank you for all your kind words. i know you are all right in what you are saying about giving me time to heal and like you say what is a few week between friends. i dont know what i would of done with out your encouragement over the past few days. i love you all xxxxxxxx

liquid diet

well today i started my liquid diet to lose 5% of my weight by 5th may, i have read so many of the threads on here, about the diets and how people have stuck to them, im worried im not going to be able to do it .. my worst time is going to be when i have to cook for the family, im so used to being in the kitchen and picking at food, guess ill have to have a glass of milk instead........

prob a good idea to keep a glass of milk near you when cooking.
I know i had a few moments during my milk diet where i failed...it's not easy but just keep the end goal in mind and you'll get there :)

good luck x

The harsh realitiy is if you want the op you have to stop yourself from straying, I know that sounds mean, but it is the only way. Maybe you could have some milk before you start cooking, perhaps then it wont be so tempting? We are all here to support you, and I really wish you good luck on the liquids.

I loath milk and found it much easier making milk jellys and also adding sugar free crusha to the milk to make a milkshake.
The milk jelly`s really helped me and i know helped many to at least feel they are eating something, i had many bad experiences making it till a mate told me the easy way, and it was warm a pint of milk not boiling but enough to be able to dissolve a sachet of sugar free jelly, add the jelly and whisk for bout 2 mins till dissolved and frothy then go back and do it again in 10 mins then put into 3 or 4 little containers and leave to set in the fridge.
Good luck with ur milk diet, and if ur having a hard day just come on line and chat to us xx

i ended up having milk jelly too....so much more filling than normal jelly :)

I used my dry mouth spray to keep me from snacking since a strong minty flavour does discourage taking a bite of something. Also, I heard Tesmaralda say she used carbonated diet drink to feel more 'full' when she did the milk diet. Hope some of these tips are helpful.

Best of luck, stay strong and like others said come here an complain, we all have been there or will be there soon!

Nic;)

thank you all for your support im going to make the milky jelly, as i am going to get sick to the back teeth with milk ..lol andi will also try the other ideas you have all given me ....xxxxx

You can do it Tracey I know you can. I find it is easier to cook the family their dinner when I chew a sugar free gum. The milk jelly is lovely I have been having it after Roch suggested it to me. Good luck. How are the ribs now? We might meet up at the hospital at some point when we have appts.

Good luck Tray, you know you can do it because you want it so bad.....

Best of luck xx

You can do it girl!! We are all behind you and here for you any time you need us and are all rooting for you :D:D:D
Xxx em xxX

I loath milk and found it much easier making milk jellys and also adding sugar free crusha to the milk to make a milkshake.
The milk jelly`s really helped me and i know helped many to at least feel they are eating something, i had many bad experiences making it till a mate told me the easy way, and it was warm a pint of milk not boiling but enough to be able to dissolve a sachet of sugar free jelly, add the jelly and whisk for bout 2 mins till dissolved and frothy then go back and do it again in 10 mins then put into 3 or 4 little containers and leave to set in the fridge.
Good luck with ur milk diet, and if ur having a hard day just come on line and chat to us xx

Thanks for sharing that Roch -- I am going to have a go at making the milk jelly, it might be good for protein if I make it with milk ;)
Xxx em xxX

well day 3 of the milk diet . not doing to bad had a couple of hick ups but that was due to medication i was on, so had to have a slice of wholemeal toast as my sugar levels went weird . did try the milk jelly but wasnt for me it was yuk..... i have lost 4 lbs so far so im happy with that, only another 11 to go then back to hospital may 5th.... lets hope i do it so i can get refered for the surgery ...

Back