• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric band, My journey, the thruth, the whole thruth and nothing but the thruth

You are Mrs Pill don't worry about it xx. I am good at it but hate it at the same time which sounds weird. I hate the competition tripping over colleagues to get ahead, its not for me. I am more of an account manager building relationships etc.... but need to find my purpose in life. Watch avenue q once and I keep thinking about it. What's my purpose in life???? So any ideas let me know

That, IMHO, is a question that requires a bottle of wine- if not two and some soluble painkillers for the hangover :)

Stupid question, my OH says I am allowed one a day. What's IMHO?

AH thanks Ruth

Well did not loose anything as yet but managing dry toast and banana today xxx

Good evening diary and all poor you that are reading my rambling!!!

So went for a fill on 25th February and was only one Kg less than the fill before which was a month ago :( :( heart breaking! Get there and the nurse says I am doing well with my food choice (a little bit less milk with my cereals so its still crunchy) but apart from that its just the band been too loose so need a fill. So third fill and I had an extra 0.75 ml in taking me to 6.75 ml in a 10ml band.... So off I doing my one day liquid (end of the day HUNGRY) day two went onto mushy and mash potatoes (end of the day HUNGRY!!) so then went onto solid and I managed a whole wholemeal pitta bread toasted with cucumber, ham, tomatoes lettuce then I got hungry again maybe two hours later, I was soooo crushed and disheartened. The next day I tried a different approached, I did not have breakfast but had a pitta bread at 11.45am with again ham, cucumber tomatoes... then at 4pm I had the same but I was not hungry at all in between, the reason is I am starting to use my fitness pall (thefrenchone) and counting calories (kind off....:)) and realise that it's better to have another pitta bread than snacking on a chocolate bar!!! I know it's sounds like: well d'oh! how stupid are you??? But I am not it's old habbits and mindset which are still learking around in my head. So there, felt much better because not as hungry (I think I was catching up on the two previous day of liquid and mushy as well which would explain the major hunger on day three and four). But I was determined to be good the first half of the week because from Thursday onwards diet / wls forget it it's my birthday!!! So homemade chocolate brownies, this is the only thing he can cook and he makes it twice a year (my birthday and christmas) unless my parents come over and then he makes it for my mum, the golden boy!!!! So I was going to make the most of it and enjoy it and for once NOT feel guilty!!! and boy oh boy I did ah ah :) but looking back on my fitness pal it doesn't seems that bad so again mindset and perception of things and we need to learn to break away from....

Anyway, since friday really I have really realised I do have RESTRICTION, at last my turn has finally arrived! whoup whoup. We went out for lunch on friday to our lovely little greek restaurant and as we weren't working and we could take our time, I order some roasted peppers and chorizo and chicken well that dish did me 4 meals!!!! 4 meals!!! amaising or what! I am so happy I finally feel full or at least satisfied. I even think I got some food stuck.... not sure, might ask it in another thread. I get that iron feast in my chest and I salivate so much I need to spit it out (sorry not very lady like!) So that's me, now 29 and having restriction, better start loosing weight now!!!

Yey mis...yep that's restriction! Pleased for you..let the battle begin :) x

Bring it on Jo.... only joking :p

Come on hun...time to catch up now, I've started to slow up especially for you xx

Ah ah I feel honored :)

Hello All,

Quick update from me. Well hormones are running all over the place. It normally is just me been clumsy for couple of days before hand but this time, it started a whole week before hand. I mean i could not even park the car in a supermarket car park. Two empty space, could not work my angles and everyone will tell you I usually can park my car anywhere anytime!!! so went to the end of it where they were 10 spaces empty next to each other and still manage to park disgracefully!!! :( So i knew i was in for a hell of a week. Lots of hunger and sugary cravings, to the point of eating a spoon of nutella out of the jar straight in my mouth!!! Last night went out for a friend's birthday and I did not know many people there as our comments friends had other commitments but I still felt the need to go. So here I am seating there, girls on one side and boys on the other side. Guess what, I ended up talking rugby with the boys after hearing skinny size 8 girls complaining about been fat! I wanted to say.... no scream SHUT UP!!! You have no idea what it is like to be actually fat and struggles with it! half a pound excess weight is not been fat, you stupid!!!! Sorry I guess I am still hormonal... then it was time to take pictures of course and they were awful, really really bad angle for me plus I am still see me as been huge!!! Did not help that one of my other friend who said she used to be massive and a size 18 lost weight and now is a size 12 decided to pass onto me her old fat clothes, I know she means well but it really really upsetted me plus we aren't the same body shape at all. she is all legs and all upper body so all the tops are too short!! Anyway, did not want to sound ungrateful so took them home and luckely they are too big for me anyway, ha ha small victory. Still upset a bit though! Plus when she said she was a size 18, which I believe it because I saw the clothes, I thought she was about my weight at my heaviest i.e 16 stones or more, NO! She was only 13.5 stones and people said she was massif, god I don't want to know what people thought or said about me! Now she is about 12 stone or under but she is two inches taller than me! Anyway, I am upset, hormonal frustrated to have taken the scenic route to loosing weight. only 11kgs in 5 months! I know i know i could have put 11 kgs on in 3 weeks prior to surgery but still... Oh god I need to STOP comparing myself to everyone else. we are all individual with individual journeys and this is mine, I need to embrace it not fight it!!! on a plus side, for the first EVER i lost weight the week of TOTM, unheard off! Now I hear you are asking how much I have managed to loose, well hold onto your seat it is a massif..... 100 WHOLE grams!!!! Scenic route or what!! oh boy oh boy too much excitment for one day. I am out. Have a good week end all :)

Mis, you are so funny! Most of my friends are very skinny so I know how you feel but at least we have control now. You've got to get your head in the right place & this takes time sometimes. You will get there...honest. & get another fill! Xx

I am Mrs pill rang them and they agree I need another fill so going on thursday instead of waiting another month

Good. Only you know when its enough. Of course, nobody wants too much but until its enough to control ur intake its as much use as an old elastic band!

I can eat an entire fillets steak!!! That was enough for them to say yes you need a fill

Mis, you are hilarious. It so makes me think you have lost your vocation ... maybe you should be a writer!!!!

I do understand your struggle and exactly what you are saying - I have been hormonal for the last two weeks I think, and OMG everything but everything is going t,,ts up for me, at work rather than at home. So much so, I practically handed my notice in - my poor boss does not know what to do with his shrivelling wreck - apart from suggest for me to leave early and have a bottle of wine LOL. Even the clumsiness ... I get that!! The amount of cups I break at the TOTM is amazing. Take heart too, if you can loose 100gs at TOTM, the kgs will start to drop off in the weeks afterwards - especially if you eat right and have the additional help of your band. Hopefully a wee fill this week will give you just the right amount to get things into gear for you. In the meantime, enjoy a bite of fillet steak for me. Ohh it would be so nice to chew on a piece of steak that is not minced :sigh:

Have a great week this week Mis xxx :grouphugg:

miserable said:
I can eat an entire fillets steak!!! That was enough for them to say yes you need a fill

that's so not right...I so struggle on steak..are you sure they even put you a band in? :) x

Joe seriously if I could not feel it I would have accused them of robbing me off!!! Thanks Michelle, its funny because only here I can be myself and working in publishing people think I can't write.... at least take comfort in the fact you have a supportive boss. Mine keeps undermining me and every tiny bit of confidence I manage to build she shatters it within minutes!!! But I am so looking forward to that fill and finally be slimmer than OH and wave goodbye to the 13 stone bracket. Maybe it ll give the confidence to look for other job opportunity and saying to people I deserve better!!!! Anyway have a great week everyone xxx

Back