• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric band, My journey, the thruth, the whole thruth and nothing but the thruth

I would also like to be under 200lbs by xmas and not to gain more than a couple of lbs over xmas, that would be fantastic as over the xmas period usually, Ive been known to gain a stone!!

i had my surgery in march 2011 its the best thng i ever did,your whole attitude to food will change. i dont feel deprived because if i want something i will have it but i can only have a few mouthfuls but i feel satisfied, no guilt and i dont have to say im on another diet. Good luck

Zowzie do i envy you! I really really hope i will be in the same position as you when the time comes! so i have started my 1000 calories day intake and boy am i a hungry girl! I feel like a starving beast who is never satisfied! :( How do people cope with the milk diet i have noooooooooo idea!!! but hey it will be all worth it in the end (well i bloody hope so!)

Miss Hungry, i only just noticed your flashy pictures (i usually do it all from my phone so cannot see the signature) and WHOA is all i can say! you look amaizing well done! i hope i will do just as well :)

How do i feel about next week, well every hour my mood change so pretty tireing. Exited to petrified, finally i will have a friend on my side to help with my battle against weight to for god sake woman man up and do it by yourself! but i guess this is normal and everyone went throught it! All i worry about is i really hope i have a smooth recovery because bless my OH he is not good with blood or stiches or seeing me in pain and gets annoyed (means worried but he is a man and cannot show fears so shows anger instead!) anyway, sorry for rambling. Speak soon i am sure!

miserable said:
Hi I am 28 years old and looking to get a gastric band, hopefully in October. I would like to think that i am fat girl with a pretty face! well so I have been told. :wave_cry:I have always been overweight and it is getting out of control, so want to sort myself out so i can start enjoying life rather than hiding from life! I have not enjoyed my 20's so i am dead set on enjoying my 30's! :D
After reading all the diaries on this forum (I promise i am not a stalker!) I have decided I will start one so hopefully it will help me sort my thoughts out etc... Because they are my biggest enemy, food is just the result of it! I don't believe i deserve anything good but it is not the case. I deserve the world and everyone on this great forum deserve the world!!!
So I will most probably be going on and on and on (i know i have started already :)) so forgive me and you don't have to read it if you find it boring! lol.
So having my first appointment with Mr Singurdsson with THG on 10th September...Hoping to get the surgery in October fingers cross! I am nervous excited impatient. One minute I think OMG i won't be able to have this anymore or drink this anymore and then I think, well it is all this that got me into this mess and made me so unhappy about myself! So roll on 10th September and get the journey going :)

You go for it girl I had my band in October last year and have lost over 9 st you will be fine you might be sick a few times but the secret is always chew well and eat slow and you will do well and you will still be able to enjoy a wee drink I myself like a wee vodka and fresh orange as I can't have fizzy drinks but hey after a couple you don't notice ha you will get in control of your life again and feel good and have loads of confidence once you see the weight come off but we warned Start saving now for all those skinny clothes and throw out al, the fat ones Good Luck honey I just know you will do Fantastic take care and keep smiling x

Thanks Alexandra, whoa 9 stone is amaizing you must feel on top of the world :)

Well its official, i am paid my outstanding balance and i am officially broke!!! i hope i will compensate some money by reducing the shopping bill lol !

No turning back now, a week tomorrow and could be all done! OMG but with your help and support i too can be a success story. No matter how long it takes...no more yo yo with my weight and even though i am thinking please please no financial drama i know it will be worth it ( i better make sure it is worth it!)

See you very soon on the looser bench... please keep a space for me :)

wont b long now hun n u will b losers like us, i had my band 2 n half weeks ago n im feeling fab and have lost 16lb already xx

Who that's amaizing! I hope I ll recover just as well. Can't wait to get on with it now

Hi Miserable, I am just like you hunny and really worried that I wont recover well after. I'm in on Sunday...we are almost there! think positive...this could change your life forever.

xx

im sure u will Mr Sigurdsson done my band, he is really nice and quick, good luck for when u both go in, and keep us updated xx

Thanks Joey,

Moan alert!!! I am really struggling especially today. it hit me like a brick this time next week it will be done! and I keep thinking, can i really do this, i hate lying to my parents will i be able to explain my food changes and the fact that i don't eat as much. its ironic because my relationship with my parents will go from are you still eating, you should not eat that, try to eat less to are you sure you had enough, you not heating much are you ill and i am not sure i will know what to say! Yesterday and today we have an european market in town and i am in hell! I love everything, patés saucisson ( i am french!) chocolate, cheeses, baguette croissants (sorry guys) all i kept thinking was this time next year i will be able to enjoy all this but in reasonable quantities, but then i am thinking will I? Also i am worried about how i will react feeling and seeing my port.... i am sorry i think stress is getting to me and i can't turn to food to solve it and it is all new concept! I am sure it is normal but i am scared that after spending all my money i will end up regretting having it done! Anyway sorry about the moan and hope everyone is feeling better than me.

i know how u feel hun, b4 i had mine i was thinking im never gonna b able to eat this that n the other eva again, but tbh iv not missed it at all not 1 bit, iv made my fav foods for the kids and it aint fazed me, also im enjoying foods iv never liked b4 for example mackreal in tomato sauce, i hated fish b4 but now i have it mixed wiv soft pasta and i really enjoy it. iv not regreted it 1 bit, if it wernt for billy band i wouldnt never have lost as much as i have, my nerves didnt kick in till i was on the surgeons table, but by then i thought im here now lol as for ur port u cant really feel it unless u poke around which i do lol n u certainly cant c it.

i think everyone has worries, im sure all will b fine, hope u feeling more positive soon xxx

I agree wholehearted with Joey. Its a fantastic feeling to be in control and to really be enjoying the taste of food, as we eat it more slowly. Personally though like you I have had to scrip and save for my £6k, so I intend to look after my investment!

Funny what you said about the port. Once you start prodding around you find lots of lumps and bumps you didnt realise you had before the op. The x-ray found my port - and I was totally wrong about where I thought it was! Having said that when the nurse did my fill without x-ray, all I had was to lie on the bench with a towel under the small of my back to bend over - and up the port popped. No problems whatsoever.

The scars are fading very well too. The one that I thought would look the worst as it looked very ugly covered in glue, is smooth and almost gone.

Keep heart and remember to take the time to reflect on why you felt you needed to do this in the first place. Good luck, we will be welcoming you to the comfy losers sofa soon xxx

You're going to be so pleased you had it done and you'll look back at this diary and it'll make you smile with the knowledge that you're a winner. You've taken control and beaten those food demons and whatever you eat you will enjoy because its not your enemy any more! Food is a pleasure again and that was worth maxing out my credit card for!!
I really envy you that you can do this in your 20's. I wish I could have had it done 30years ago. You'll love it.:bestwishes:

Thank you everyone and i am sorry i am not one to moan but it is the only place i can do it. My OH although says he is supportive we don't talk too much about it because he panics and worries too much which is not helping me feel better... i am sure once I am done i will feel better but it is driving me nuts that feeling of constant hunger and not feeling satisfied! but only 5 days to go. on the plus side i have lost a bit of weight so far so happy with this... Thanks again everyone, i have never joint a group or forum before but you guys are the only ones that truly understand our relationship with food and how hard it is to keep it under control. So looking forward to fee in control for once in my life :)

No need to b sorry for moaning, we all do it, I always have a rant or winge as I feel I can't talk to others xx

Hi all,

Feeling much better after the week end. Went to my OH family this week end for someone 80th. And it was eating out saturday night and sunday lunch, so lots of yummy food... i starved myself all day on the saturday as i was so worried about calorie intake. but found myself looking at my plate thinking this is not much and half way through surprise surprise i was completely stuffed! Same with roast dinner! I was so surprised!!! happely surprised :)
today barely had 600 calories and don't feel as hungry as i was when started the low calorie diet! So roll on the next chapter of my live :) Got all my liquid medications paracetamol easy wind and multivitamin all in liquid forms so guess i am ready.... Good thing is i am been so busy did not really have to much time to panic yet. I am sure i will panic once in the theatre. anyway better tune off as OH starting worrying about op for me. Trying not to talk to much about it as he panics so badly! Its probably why i am calm he is doing it enough for the two of us bless him...
Have a good one all xxx

well i am diary is called the whole truth so there it is: Last lunch before going to the hospital tomorrow and guess what! I sabotage myself... I am panicking now about the op and everything and things are really stressful at the moment so i did what i do best i sabotage myself with a jacket potato and coronation chicken as a filling!!! everytime something good is about to happen to me i ruined myself so nothing good happens to me! WHY i have no idea otherwise i will not be in this mess!!! but i am getting really tired of it. I don;t think it is a band i need but another brain!!! So i am expecting to have a trip to the hospital for nothing. I only lost 8 pounds so i don't think my liver will have shrank enough (especially not after this lunch) and i can say well i have wasted £6k...God i am so stupid and worthless... :( I can only be mad at myself, i am the only one to blame! I just needed to confess it on here otherwise it would have been forgotten and like nothing happenned when i have to face my mistakes, otherwise i will never get out of this visius circle i am in...

Hope everyone is doing much better than me.

A few days after your op, when the soreness has gone you will be on liquids. Use this slip-up as a reminder to yourself of why you are doing this as you don't want to start breaking the rules post op. the band won't cure your mindset, so we have to be strong to choose wisely!! Come on girl, I'm only a week banded...I need you chasing me down those scales!!!!!!!! :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Awh don't be so hard on yourself. I totally messed up the pre-op diet, I only lost a few pounds.
RELAX! It will be fine, your liver will be fine!
Don't beat yourself up, you are nearly there. This time next week you will be joining us on the losers bench.
Good luck for tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you, and be kind to yourself. xxx

Wow miserable, i didnt think there was another as hard on themself as me!!! we're not perfect and its great you admit your failings, i wish i could declare mine as openly and honestly as you, when your banded these are the traits in your personality that will guide you through. All the best, cheer up and prepare to live your life they way you really want to.

Back