• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I'm Kirsty, banded August 2014. My post op dairy

Sending some positive vibes to you Kirsty! And a hug or two too. Xx

Hey girls. Don't like to moan. So not been on here with this but I'm not recovering too well. It's 19 days and I'm still in a lot of pain when I turn in bed at night and when I bend etc. feels all hard and lumpy inside round my scars. I thought I had found the new site of my port but I just can't find it as I'm hard and lumpy all over the place. Lindsay moaning at me to contact the Nuffield. But I'm there for X-rays next Wednesday. Just feel like such a woose. Bit down as no restriction and gaining a big again. So repair op was not the magic cure I thought it would be ;-(

Tonight. Wondering what the he'll I done to myself last August. Was it worth it. Don't know how to answer this tonight

This is why I have been in hiding. Hope you are all well xxx

Oh sorry Kirsty. No harm in calling them about the pain etc. If nothing, just to put your mind at rest. Remember they are there to help you, don't be shy.
Good luck with the xray next week.
Sending you best wishes.

Last edited:
What can I say sweetheart..... not sure anyone realises just how much of a struggle this is going to be...... not sure any kind of surgery is a complete magic cure......bands and binge eating certainly don't go hand in hand...... or do they LOL The head is where its at, and if we cant get that right nothing is going to stop us from stuffing bad stuff in.............and unfortunately in times of comfort who wants to binge on salad and fish!!! I am so with you there hunni..... although I know my band was my saving grace, for me its done its job.....the hard part is down to me and is going to be a weekly/daily battle..... good head day = good food day...........we just learn to hope the good out weight the bad...... nobody ever said it was going to be easy and nobody ever said this path was going to be a straight forward one.....we all have our demons in which to fight and we all have our triggers, we just have to figure out the best way forward and ways in which to cope with them and manage it the best way we know how.......

We are much the same in many respects with too many demons to give us a fighting chance !!! but each day is a battle won honey because we wake up and get thru it the best way we know how, and every day the sun rises and sets is a major achievement...... we honestly just need a better bite of the cherry...... life throws **** at us all, some more than most BUT we are fighters....... and survivor's :) blooming hell woman look at what we've been thru....... tougher than this (that's for sure) and I guess we will go thru worse...... our troubles past and present are what make us who we are..... if life was easy and plain sailing we'd be pretty shallow folk :) so famous words 'wear your badges of honour' our vulnerabilities and sensitises are what make us US ...... you are very much loved and looked up to....admired, your wise words and words of friendship are welcomed ....you support us thru thick and thin.....please allow us to do so in return............ life is tiring........its exhausting carrying all those woes by ourselves, allow us to help lighten the load sweetheart.....even if its just a thought or some words, even a virtual hug...... stick with us....... stay posting no matter good or bad........ lets pull each other thru x x x x x huge hugs xxxxxxx

So sorry to hear this missy. Stay strong and know that we're all thinking of you. Heres hoping this time a few weeks all this pain will be a distant memory!

Xoxoxoxoxox

Sm

Hey girls. Don't like to moan. So not been on here with this but I'm not recovering too well. It's 19 days and I'm still in a lot of pain when I turn in bed at night and when I bend etc. feels all hard and lumpy inside round my scars. I thought I had found the new site of my port but I just can't find it as I'm hard and lumpy all over the place. Lindsay moaning at me to contact the Nuffield. But I'm there for X-rays next Wednesday. Just feel like such a woose. Bit down as no restriction and gaining a big again. So repair op was not the magic cure I thought it would be ;-( Tonight. Wondering what the he'll I done to myself last August. Was it worth it. Don't know how to answer this tonight This is why I have been in hiding. Hope you are all well xxx

Sorry to hear this Kirsty. Is that a fill under X-ray next week? If so that should help the restriction as they can fine tune it. Re your soreness, I don't know how your old port was attached but mine was fixed to the muscle and where it was removed is still very tender 9 weeks out. It is my biggest scar about 2 inches long, still red and faint bruising. Think this type of wound takes time. Still, I would still advise you contact them before next week if you feel you are not healing properly.

We should arrange that coffee sometime soon love.

Hugx

Hey girls. Don't like to moan. So not been on here with this but I'm not recovering too well. It's 19 days and I'm still in a lot of pain when I turn in bed at night and when I bend etc. feels all hard and lumpy inside round my scars. I thought I had found the new site of my port but I just can't find it as I'm hard and lumpy all over the place. Lindsay moaning at me to contact the Nuffield. But I'm there for X-rays next Wednesday. Just feel like such a woose. Bit down as no restriction and gaining a big again. So repair op was not the magic cure I thought it would be ;-(

Tonight. Wondering what the he'll I done to myself last August. Was it worth it. Don't know how to answer this tonight

This is why I have been in hiding. Hope you are all well xxx

Sorry to hear your having a rough time Kirsty. Please don't hide though, you are a fantastic support to everyone else, let people support you now. Hopefully you will get some answers next week but if the pain persists I think you should ring the hospital. Please don't suffer on your own.

Take care
Jackie
xxxx

Hi Kirsty, sorry it's so tough for you right now. You don't deserve this. It should be your magic cure! Well maybe not magic but easier than this. That said its not even three weeks post surgery. Is that right? I remember back to how I felt at that point. Utter crap. And you've had this surgery in the same place twice! Two lots of scar tissue. Two lots of trauma. Others have said here. Lindsay has said it. If you're in pain or not feeling right the medical team are there to help. If you have an x-Ray scheduled you might not even see the rest of the team. At least let them know youre having problems. They might fit you in for a more thorough check up. You can check restriction with them too. I didn't have a band but I seem to remember many who did not having huge restriction until they'd had a few fills. Take care lovely. Be kind to yourself. And get the help you deserve xx

Il second what Chrissy said, having my port removed was the most painful part of the recovery for my revision as the muscle is cut. Took ages for that bit not to hurt when I twisted etc and you have had another one put in ?
Hopefully when you go next week you can explain how all the waiting is really damaging you mentally and they can give you a fill that reflects the kind of restriction you are used to rather than building it up bit by bit like in the beginning xxx

That is reassuring to hear about others port removal being painfull for a long time. My port removal scar is about 2 inches and is tender but the main problem area is the incision area under my breast bone where they put the camera etc - my new port was also put somewhere around this area. I just felt so well a couple to a few days out. Started walking day three and driving day five. With hindsight I think I maybe overdid things and may have put a bit much stress on these areas still healing

So let's get on with another day.......trying to low carb today.

I will ask them to fill me right up at X-ray. I need around 9 to 10 ml to feel any restriction and I'm a 4 right now. The only time I felt any restriction was when they were checking me under X-ray and put 9 mls in. I was leaking....but that night was amazing could only eat a few mouthfuls of fluid. - the only other time I felt restricted was immediately after the fill before that...but again was leaking though I didn't know it at the time and the fill didn't last more than a day or so

Nothing else for it but to battle on. If I give up I will end up back where I started before the end of the year and that would destroy me

So. It's almost a year till my surgery anniversary - when I saw me Galloway I was 15st 5.5lbs I got down to 11st 7lbs - today. Am 12.10 - should be grateful for the loss I have had but hey it's not much 2 stone odds :-(

But......into the fray

Sorry to hear you are feeling so low Kirsty, I agree with the others, if you are in pain give your team a ring. Hope next weeks appointment moves you forward a bit. Please don't feel you have to hide away, we are all hear to support you through good times and especially the rough times.

Lynn x

Sorry to hear this Kirsty. Is that a fill under X-ray next week? If so that should help the restriction as they can fine tune it. Re your soreness, I don't know how your old port was attached but mine was fixed to the muscle and where it was removed is still very tender 9 weeks out. It is my biggest scar about 2 inches long, still red and faint bruising. Think this type of wound takes time. Still, I would still advise you contact them before next week if you feel you are not healing properly. We should arrange that coffee sometime soon love. Hugx

Weegie. I'm working and at the van the days I'm not....but in a few weeks I would live a coffee xxxx

Just sending a little love and healing your way, lovely lady. Thinking of you. You're doing amazingly well and should be very proud of your achievements xxx

Weegie. I'm working and at the van the days I'm not....but in a few weeks I would live a coffee xxxx

You'll have to catch me before the second week in September, off back to Turkey for 10 days with me bessie mate, then .. just back from Ross Hall, having a hip replacement on October the 5th. :eek: Means I wont be doing much for a good number of weeks after. :)

Back