• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I Cant Wait To..........

It should have said 'forgot me' but autocorrect change it to fortune.
When the nurse rang she said the letter would be out in the next couple of days. I'm just impatient. I Know it won't make the appointment be any quicker but it would make the next step 'real'. Daft I know.

I know what you mean, the limbo between appointment dates is the worst. Even if you have months to wait if you have a definite date booked it stops you going quite so crazy. I'm in appointment limbo at the moment and left wondering how long I've got to lose my target weight loss!

I was fortunate I guess saw surgeon same day as seminar put on waiting list then put on hold while they get my gp to do some follow up work on previous blood issues

A step nearer.....

Finally feel like I'm getting somewhere.

I've had:

My blood tests.
My check ups with my GP
My appointment with the bariatric nurse.
My appointment with the dietician.
My appointment with the surgeon.
My second blood tests.

Take a breath.

Now I have the date for my endoscopy and I have my pre-op check up in the morning.

It's really, really, real. I can't wait.

Yay, really pleased things are moving along for you x

Nearly there ! Well done. A new you, just around the corner.

Fantastic news......nearly there!

There is plenty of room on the losers bench for your botty :banana dancer:

Dreaded Endoscopy

Finally got my date for my endoscopy.

After waiting what felt like months and months (which was actually only weeks) I'm going on Wednesday next week.

I'm actually more scared of this than the surgery.

How long did everyone wait after a clear endoscopy before a bypass?

Finally got my date for my endoscopy. After waiting what felt like months and months (which was actually only weeks) I'm going on Wednesday next week. I'm actually more scared of this than the surgery. How long did everyone wait after a clear endoscopy before a bypass?
October 16th endo 4/1 bypass :) I was more worried about this than op aswell, i not lie it's not pleasant but it's one step closer to your op that's as nice as I can be about procedure!!

I just feel like all I do is wait. I just want to get it done, get through it and get on with the rest of my life as the 'new me'.

Never thought I would ever be looking forward to surgery so much.

Oh n be prepared for wind pain afterwards, no one warned me and I thought I was having a heart attack with the pains across my shoulder afterwards I was a right drama queen, the bypass was a walk in the park compared to the endo lol x

I was the same I became obsessed it was all I thought and talked about.. Your on the last leg of the journey now, how's your weight loss?

I mentioned at endo aswell that I could take a last minute cancellation I knew I would be ok with work and had no child care or anything to consider if you can do this let them know.

I only had to lose 12lb and I've lost 39lb. Had my pre-op. All my bloods are clear and I've already got my pre-op blood thinning injection to do myself the day before surgery.

I'm hoping that as I have that already it will be soon.

My pre-op with the surgeon was a month ago and he said 6-8 weeks and it will all be over. I hope that's true as that means a month to go.

Where did you have yours done?

I can't wait. Still need to tell most of my family and friends as only a couple know.

I just want it to be 'real' before I tell everyone.

Are you at Sunderland aswell? I told everyone from the beginning had loads of support on the lead up while I was dieting and everyone been great after, had 6 weeks off work mind because of the job I do and I still get very tired now

I'm at North Tees General. I've taken 3 months off work so in don't need to explain anything to anyone.

never had an endo so good luck and hope all goes well and you get a date soon

Back