• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I Cant Wait To..........

Wish I wasn't getting one. :-(

I'm thinking if not going back at all. Having time away has made me realise I didn't even really like it.

Done and home. Went for sedation and It was so easy.

Home within 2 hours of admission and looks like everything progressing nicely for the bypass.

Just got to wait for the date now.

Done and home. Went for sedation and It was so easy. Home within 2 hours of admission and looks like everything progressing nicely for the bypass. Just got to wait for the date now.
Well done on getting through another hurdle, fingers crossed your date comes round soon :)

Things I want to do, or be able to do, after my bypass are in their hundreds. Simple things too.

I want to be able to buy boots that fasten around my fat legs.

I want to choose clothes rather than the best of the selection of few in my size.

I want to fly without worrying the seatbelt won't fit.

I want to be able to squeeze through a gap rather than walk (red faced) around the long way.

Hundreds more. Three weeks today I should be sat back on the ward and on my way to doing some of them.

Anyone else got an 'I can't wait to list'?

I remember doing this list pre-op and I'm very happy to say I have completed all my "fat bucket-list" :D

It's finally getting real for me. 2 weeks and 6 days and I'm starting to think of all the little things that will be big things once I'm there.

Was your list in the hundreds? I keep adding things.

From memory it was

Go on rides on holiday
Wear wellies?!?!
Walk thru a busy pub/restaurant between chairs/tables
Sit on garden chairs
Get out of the bath without going one.....two.........three......heaveeeeeeeee
Put my knickers on without lasso'ing them round my leg
Cut my own toenails

Many more too no doubt :)

Your list could actually be my own list

I am 5 days post of and have lost 18lb in total since I started my post op diet. Dropped at least a dress size I have bagged up all my size 22 and 24 clothes and my size 20s are fitting comfortably...so I'm on my way to ticking one item of the list as most shops do up to a size 18:)

Looking forward to fitting comfortably in to my seat on a thompsons flight in December.

Good luck on you ticking off all the items on your list ;-)

Your list could actually be my own list

I am 5 days post of and have lost 18lb in total since I started my post op diet. Dropped at least a dress size I have bagged up all my size 22 and 24 clothes and my size 20s are fitting comfortably...so I'm on my way to ticking one item of the list as most shops do up to a size 18:)

Looking forward to fitting comfortably in to my seat on a thompsons flight in December.

Good luck on you ticking off all the items on your list ;-) ....

From memory it was

Go on rides on holiday
Wear wellies?!?!
Walk thru a busy pub/restaurant between chairs/tables
Sit on garden chairs
Get out of the bath without going one.....two.........three......heaveeeeeeeee
Put my knickers on without lasso'ing them round my leg
Cut my own toenails

Many more too no doubt :)

Oh yeah, the toenails too ;-)

I'm starting to realise what a good liar I have been for so many years when thinking of this list.

I don't like swimming. The Water makes my skin dry. LIE. I'm not being embarrassed in a cossy.

I don't like hot places on holiday. Hate the sun. LIE. I hate not covering up.

I don't like clothes shopping. It's pathetic. LIE. Nothing in your shop fits me.

I don't do clubs/pubs/parties. LIE. I don't want to be the fattest in the room.

Shocking how many lies I have told.

Yip sounds like me Mrs Z.. Loads of lies and sad thing is I reckon the only people we lied to are ourselves. I'm pretty sure the rest of the world sees straight through my nonsense!

loving this list !
I want to .....
not have to stand at the back of family/friends photos so you only see my head
not to have to wear a cardi to "cover up" myself
to be able to sit in that very small seat on a London bus next to where you put buggies !
to sit on one portion of a bus/train/plane seat
that's only for starters!

Ha. The cardigan - telling everyone I'm not too hot. I'm fine.

(No way in hell was I showing my arms and my rolls which were cleverly hidden by the cardigan)

Or so I thought.

Oh, your list could be mine. And add car seatbelts to that list! Every time I get into a strange (to me) car, I'm in terror until I see how much seat belt there is!

All of the above would be on mine :)

Plus:

I want to be able to buy bargain clothes on eBay, charity shops and not have to avoid 'normal' clothes shop.

Not having to sit in an isle seat in the cinema or theatre because I don't want to annoy anyone.

Being able to dance in front of people without worrying.

Being able to stand for long periods without pain.

Being able to eat out without people watching what I eat to try and work out why I am fat.

To sneak for a crafty ride on a swing :)

Ha. I have wellies on my list.

When I eventually fitted into them I wanted them to be seen!! Luminous snake print wellies :D

Attachments

• photo 1 (20).JPG
    photo 1 (20).JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 16
Back