• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2015 Surgeries

I was walking around and keeping fluid down so I pushed to come home, woke up this morning feeling so much better, good luck to those who have surgeries coming up xx

I hope that you are feeling much less pain now mrs hengey and you start to see positive results too! Sally1 and 2nd chance jo good luck for next week, my op is on Monday 26th and I am quite close to Sunderland living in Teesside, maybe when we are all feeling up to it after our surgeries we should have a meet up for some moral support? Drop me a private message if you fancy it! Eeeeek four more sleeps xx

There are a few of us around this area who are just post op or still awaiting op in the next couple of months, perhaps we could all get together??

Sorry if I'm gate crashing but I've met up with a few before and find it lovely to chat to people openly who get it :)

Hi yes. I'm actually close by in hartlepool. I'm getting nervous now picturing the whole walking into theatre and being put to sleep scenario in my head, it terrifies me. But keep reminding myself that benefits out way the risks and of course remind myself of people on here people on a Facebook page I'm on who are soo happy and doing well x

Aww jo you've done really well to get this far, it's perfectly normal to be nervous. I was terrified but you'll be in good hands.
I didn't have to walk to theatre, I was wheeled down with 2 hcas and they were lovely, really put me at ease.
Not long to go now and you'll be on that losers bench before you know it :)

(Shuffling up as we speak :) )

Aww jo you've done really well to get this far, it's perfectly normal to be nervous. I was terrified but you'll be in good hands. I didn't have to walk to theatre, I was wheeled down with 2 hcas and they were lovely, really put me at ease. Not long to go now and you'll be on that losers bench before you know it :) (Shuffling up as we speak :) )

Thanks suzie. Just need it over with now it's been a long time coming. I was going to ask at pre op next tues if I could have something to relax me before I go to theatre lol doubt they'll say yes but then again judging by last appoinment they won't know much about bariatric side! can't wait to be on that bench :D

Good luck everyone!:D

Donna66 – It is great to hear that you are managing well being back at work x

Christinemarie – Wishing you all the best for tomorrow x

Mrshengy – welcome to the losers bench! How are you feeling now? X

2nd chance Jo – Good luck for Friday. It is really natural to be nervous but it is really not that bad. The theatre staff are really good at keeping you calm too. I am not sure you will have to walk to theatre, I was taken on my bed and everyone else I saw was too. x

Jones Jr- Good luck with your sleeve ☺

Sally 1 – Good luck for Tuesday….. not long now on the LSD and you can wave goodbye to being hungry! x

It is three weeks today since my surgery and despite a few issues with being able to actually work out if i am hungry and when I have had enough food I am doing quite well. My energy levels are not to bad and I have managed to do more in the past week which is good :)

Rosydream we are surgery buddies, I am having a bypass at James Cook university hospital in Teesside on the 26th too! I'm excited and a little reluctant as my op has been cancelled once but I'm going to try and think some positive thoughts and keep looking through others diaries to concentrate on others success to keep motivated. Congrats girls that have already had their op's I'm so pleased for you and I hope your journeys home have been straight forward and especially no turbulence Donna x

Omg wow!! Good luck tomorrow! Are you as excited & nervous as me haha! Aw no, I hope it's not cancelled again & I hope everything goes well for you lovely! :)

Donna66 – It is great to hear that you are managing well being back at work x Christinemarie – Wishing you all the best for tomorrow x Mrshengy – welcome to the losers bench! How are you feeling now? X 2nd chance Jo – Good luck for Friday. It is really natural to be nervous but it is really not that bad. The theatre staff are really good at keeping you calm too. I am not sure you will have to walk to theatre, I was taken on my bed and everyone else I saw was too. x Jones Jr- Good luck with your sleeve ? Sally 1 – Good luck for Tuesday….. not long now on the LSD and you can wave goodbye to being hungry! x It is three weeks today since my surgery and despite a few issues with being able to actually work out if i am hungry and when I have had enough food I am doing quite well. My energy levels are not to bad and I have managed to do more in the past week which is good :)

Hi sunshine,
I'm doing really good Thankyou, going to go out and have a lil walk tomorrow fed up being indoors, how are you doing? How much have you lost? Are you on the purée stage yet? I'm 2 weeks on slim fast, soup, yogurt & milk xx

Thanks for the reply sunshine I am able to walk fine it's the just me picturing it in my head dreading it I tend to over think things. Saying that they might need restraints on that bed if I try doing a runner lol

Hope everyone else is doing fine. I have pre assessment tomorrow and according to my scales which are usually pretty correct I'm 11lbs down since starting milk diet 6 days ago x

Well done! Sounds like you're doing a great job with the pre op. Nearly there, the final countdown - so exciting x

Back