• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2015 Surgeries

Hi everyone, my surgery went ahead smoothly, I suffered hugely with sickness but I'm feeling way better now, I came out of hospital yesterday and I'm enjoying some tlc from the hubby, I hope everyone else has gone ahead as planned x

Hi everyone,

Just wondering how everyone is doing after their surgeries. Wooooop, we did it!!!

Hope you're all healing quickly and getting used to the new you.

Loves and hugs and healing vibes! xxxxxxx

Hi everyone, Just wondering how everyone is doing after their surgeries. Wooooop, we did it!!! Hope you're all healing quickly and getting used to the new you. Loves and hugs and healing vibes! xxxxxxx

Hi I had surgery wed cane home yesterday do just beginning my journey. Pleased I did it but keep feeling disappointed in myself that it got so bad I needed surgery in first place! X

I'm just waiting to be discharged from hospital had my surgery Friday. I'm glad I managed to go thru with it but I already can't wait till I'm 100% again. Like sally I'm a bit disappointed it got to that stage but it was for my own good! X

Ladies what you are experiencing is quite normal and I think that most on here have had the same feelings I know I did. But the point is now you have took that massive step you should be congratulating your self on the brave option you took. You made this decision because you want change, you can't live in the "I shouldn't have got this size" mode you did get to this size and you can now change that with this wonderful new tool you have been given. There will be rough days and good days but you will reach your goal and have a happier better life. Don't spend time beating yourself up you deserve better, love you first and other after you. Welcome both to the losers bench and good luck in you journey. Sending big hugs to you both :) :)

I also had a few days where the pain was wicked bad and I sobbed to my husband about being a failure and not trying hard enough. Being immobile in hospital isn't good for my spine on top of the obvious pains and let's not forget the good old constant vomiting that is my trade mark anaesthesia hang over!
But we are all now a few days further on and things are feeling a little better and surer in our decisions.
My husband is amazing he is so reassuring, and supportive. He made me realise that the people around us, are here to make us stronger and there is no point in looking back at the things we couldn't do but look forwards to the new things that we absolutely will do.
I hope you all have a great support network behind you and that you are all starting to think the way that I am xx

Hi I'm 6 days post op and feel really weak today not sure if I'm getting a cold or if it's normal to feel like this?

Hey. I'm 4 days post op and feeling great apart from a numb top leg which is really annoying me for near 3 days now :( sally hope u get better soon. Have u started takin vitamins yet? Nurse said 4 weeks after but in book it says straight away I'm gunna try getting them in today.

That's a great loss. I'm forcing myself to wait till thurs that's last time I was weighed at hospital x

Hey. I'm 4 days post op and feeling great apart from a numb top leg which is really annoying me for near 3 days now :( sally hope u get better soon. Have u started takin vitamins yet? Nurse said 4 weeks after but in book it says straight away I'm gunna try getting them in today. That's a great loss. I'm forcing myself to wait till thurs that's last time I was weighed at hospital x

Have been taking multi vitamins since discharged. It's the iron and calcium supplements that are to be started after 4 weeks. Think it's just the after effects of dumping yesterday when I had a yoghourt which didn't agree, I've been fine until this morning

Yeah I read that in book this morning it's what got me thinking the nurse got it wrong. I'm just having the fat free Greek style yoghurt and adding my own fruit and sweetener at minute. I'm unsure wat to try as I've heard a few horror stories with yoghurts so I'm a bit nervous. This seems fine for now x

Be aware that the low fat ones can also have high sugar, I only found two weight watchers types that were low sugar. Also remember that natural fruit is sugar loaded so be careful, try a small bit and increase bit by bit. Eg six to seven blueberries then increase and remember that false sugars can also cause dumping.Good luck

Be aware that the low fat ones can also have high sugar, I only found two weight watchers types that were low sugar. Also remember that natural fruit is sugar loaded so be careful, try a small bit and increase bit by bit. Eg six to seven blueberries then increase and remember that false sugars can also cause dumping.Good luck

I tried a weight watchers yesterday and felt terrible for it!! Which ones have you found low sugar? X

Hope you feel better soon Sally, I've been taking vitamins since hospital they gave them to me before I left and a b12 injection really dread the thought of taking the lazprone or what ever it's called makes me feel sick x

Hey. I'm 4 days post op and feeling great apart from a numb top leg which is really annoying me for near 3 days now :( sally hope u get better soon. Have u started takin vitamins yet? Nurse said 4 weeks after but in book it says straight away I'm gunna try getting them in today. That's a great loss. I'm forcing myself to wait till thurs that's last time I was weighed at hospital x

Hope your leg goes back to normal soon xx

Hope you feel better soon Sally, I've been taking vitamins since hospital they gave them to me before I left and a b12 injection really dread the thought of taking the lazprone or what ever it's called makes me feel sick x

That laprazole (or whatever it's called, chewy one lol) is horrible. I've almost been sick having it. Especially this morning!!

Has anyone tried fruit juices yet? I have apple and orange juice in it Says 100% but doesn't say sweetened or unsweetened. I haven't felt up to going to shop yet and my boyfriend tried looking but said he could not find one that specifically said unsweetened... so I dare not try this one :/

Sally1 it was the one with peach I and the citrus variety. I now use Easiyo home made which I find ok. I had trouble finding unsweetened orange juice but I have used normal without any effects but I've only had a few mouthfuls at a time.

Thanks I may try normal. I just rang the bariatric nurse and he re - assured me it's ok and it's not a common problem but can happen with way I'm laying in surgery. If it continues to see my gp, so I feel reassured now as it seems to be getting worse x

Back