• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2015 Surgeries

One of my problems is I became afraid of food and trying different things but the biggest thing I've learnt is you can't just live on the few foods that you can eat you need to keep trying foods even if they make you bad try again in another few weeks because it might just have been a blip or it might be you can't eat/ drink it.

One of my problems is I became afraid of food and trying different things but the biggest thing I've learnt is you can't just live on the few foods that you can eat you need to keep trying foods even if they make you bad try again in another few weeks because it might just have been a blip or it might be you can't eat/ drink it.

Your right I don't want to be afraid of trying new things but I was just so drained from yesterday's dumping I'm having a plain purée food day! X

That laprazole (or whatever it's called, chewy one lol) is horrible. I've almost been sick having it. Especially this morning!! Has anyone tried fruit juices yet? I have apple and orange juice in it Says 100% but doesn't say sweetened or unsweetened. I haven't felt up to going to shop yet and my boyfriend tried looking but said he could not find one that specifically said unsweetened... so I dare not try this one :/

Yes that's the one :( how long do we have to take that for? X

I'm sure I got told that and there's another, forgot the name but I take 1 and a half morning and evening...sure them 2 are 6 months x

I just got a new prescription of lansoprazole and these ones are lovely, they're strawberry flavoured. The last ones were disgusting and made me feel sick but these are much better :)

Re trying different things, remember if you can't tolerate something now doesn't mean it's a no no forever. There were quite a few yogurts I wasn't great with in the early days, had quite a good few emergency runs to the loo!! I'm able to eat most of them now with no trouble so it's worth trying again as you get further on with the healing process.

You need to take the ant acid for 3 months is your not a smoker but for life if you smoke or are taking certain pain killers me personally I'm planning to take them for ever I'm not a smoker but with all the things I've read about people getting ulcers I'm going to discuss it with my Gp and tell him my concerns about the possibility. Nothing wrong being concerned and plan just in case.

I have been taking vitamins since the day after the op ladies, the hospital gave me them in liquid form and are horrible!
Oooh I was hoping to be strong and wait till my hospital appointment to get weighed, just so that it will hopefully be an amazing weight loss but I don't know if I will be able to do it! Haha I'm weak, especially when someone has lost 12pound in two weeks!!! Well bloody done x

I have been taking vitamins since the day after the op ladies, the hospital gave me them in liquid form and are horrible!
Oooh I was hoping to be strong and wait till my hospital appointment to get weighed, just so that it will hopefully be an amazing weight loss but I don't know if I will be able to do it! Haha I'm weak, especially when someone has lost 12pound in two weeks!!! Well bloody done x

U must be strong waiting that long Christine lol I'm trying to keep to it weekly. I got on today 6 days post op and lost 12lbs. That's 1 week after I got weighed at hospital. I have felt fine but a bit lighted headed and sick today. Hope all January people are doing well and recovering nicely x

U must be strong waiting that long Christine lol I'm trying to keep to it weekly. I got on today 6 days post op and lost 12lbs. That's 1 week after I got weighed at hospital. I have felt fine but a bit lighted headed and sick today. Hope all January people are doing well and recovering nicely x

Fab loss jo.
I'm still feeling a bit lightheaded sometimes, I think it's just the body adjusting to the lack of calories xx

Well done 2nd chance Jo, that is brilliant. But I am clearly not as strong as I thought! Haha, I weighed myself yesterday and I have lost 17lbs in 12 days, Yippeeee, but I'm not going to get ahead of myself because there were several days when I couldn't eat and was vomiting an awful lot.
I would just like it to even out now and have a steady weight loss as I am terribly worried that I may lose the weight but end up in the same sized clothes looking the same due to excess skin! Or as my mother enjoyed telling me about a man who lost weight after a bypass but then put it all back on again, As if I don't already worry about enough she had to throw that in there as well! Is anyone else feeling the strain of others knowing about the op? I almost feel as though people are just waiting for me to fail again :-( x

I'm going back to work tomorrow and only three people know why I've been if there managers so they had to know but I'm not looking forward to it and all the questions I'm going to get. I have had a knee op sometime who and I think I'll go down that line. I get there are more than the three that know. We'll find on your loss don't take any notice you know what your joint through so you won't want yo put wait on just deal with what's going on now and not what might go on concentrate on getting better. K

Last edited:
Massive congrats on your weight loss guys. I'm afraid to say that mine is going veeeeeeeeeeery slowly. Think one lb a week. Still, it's going down so can't complain. Plus my measurements are gping down quickly, 8cm of both my waist and hips since my pre-op diet.

Keep going all. We're all going to be skinny minnies! :D xxx

I'm going back to work tomorrow and only three people know why I've been if there managers so they had to know but I'm not looking forward to it and all the questions I'm going to get. I have had a knee op sometime who and I think I'll go down that line. I get there are more than the three that know. We'll find on your loss don't take any notice you know what your joint through so you won't want yo put wait on just deal with what's going on now and not what might go on concentrate on getting better. K
Aww thought you had gone back to work already all the best!

Back