• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2015 Surgeries

Well, it's done. Will be leaving dolan park in about 15 mins. Pain isn't too bad, they dose you up if you need it. Biggest pain is the wind and the annoyance of sleeping sitting up!

Good luck to the rest of you having surgery this month xxx

Well, it's done. Will be leaving dolan park in about 15 mins. Pain isn't too bad, they dose you up if you need it. Biggest pain is the wind and the annoyance of sleeping sitting up!

Good luck to the rest of you having surgery this month xxx
Hi. I'm leaving Czech today after my sleeve. Feeling fine. Clinic was like being at a spa it was that lovely. Eating my yoghurt & liquids fine. Ready for my weightloss to progress now.

Hi. I'm leaving Czech today after my sleeve. Feeling fine. Clinic was like being at a spa it was that lovely. Eating my yoghurt & liquids fine. Ready for my weightloss to progress now.

Well done Donna ..... Looking forward on updates on how your doing .... Take care x

How exciting!!! I remember 3 days before was a whirlwind of excitement and nerves :)

Hope everything goes well for you x

Shuffling up the losers bench for all you January folk...

How exciting!!! I remember 3 days before was a whirlwind of excitement and nerves :) Hope everything goes well for you x Shuffling up the losers bench for all you January folk...

Thankyou, I'm very excited but keep thinking am I doing the right thing, I know I am but keep putting doubts in my head lol, not sure why as I've wanted this for years xx

Mrshengy you wouldn't be normal if you didn't have doubts,it's part of the process, I'm suer you will be fine and things will work out for you. Good luck for your surgery

I lost count of the number of times I doubted that I was doing the right thing, I nearly backed out but felt like I was on a runaway train :)
Was it worth it though? Hell yeah!! It's not a walk in the park and I have many emotional ups and downs but don't regret a thing :)

i'm having a gastric sleeve on 26th january at derby!

good luck to everyone having their surgery, and hope everythings going great with everyone who's had their surgery :)!!

Hi all!

Well, I'm officially on the losers bench. Op went well and I got home last night. Just struggling to sleep upright as I prefer being on my side. Drinking lots of milk and working out a routine for the vitamins but apart from that, I'm alright :) x

Times of day to take them etc....just a routine but I imagine that'll all come in time, especially when I start eating normal foods again :)

You are I assume on liquid or effervescence type and chewable, just don't take vitamins with the calcium because of the iron can effect the input. And try to have with some kind of food. Hard at the moment but you know what I mean.

Hi all, I must say, even though I had my op on Tuesday, I am feeling abso fine and ready to go back to work tomorrow. Ive been out shopping today with some help from my daughter of course but I am feeling really good. No pain at all and managing to eat a pot of yoghurt with no probs at all. I can also drink a cup of tea without any probs.

Donna66 your not planning on going back to work tomorrow are you, you need to be very careful with the inside of your body just as much as the outside. Be very careful what had your team suggested to you and your GP :)

They said 3 weeks but I cant, I don't have any leave left and have had too much sickness this annual year already. However, I don't really do much anyway just sit there and type a few things up but most of the time I chat with my mate. My work don't know about my op as I chose not to tell.

i'm having a gastric sleeve on 26th january at derby! good luck to everyone having their surgery, and hope everythings going great with everyone who's had their surgery :)!!

Rosydream we are surgery buddies, I am having a bypass at James Cook university hospital in Teesside on the 26th too! I'm excited and a little reluctant as my op has been cancelled once but I'm going to try and think some positive thoughts and keep looking through others diaries to concentrate on others success to keep motivated.

Congrats girls that have already had their op's I'm so pleased for you and I hope your journeys home have been straight forward and especially no turbulence Donna x

Back