• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2017 Surgeries

Oh wow how excitng for you !!!!! Are you excited or nervous or a total mixture lol !!! Ive started my LSD as my surgery is on 19th Jan xx
A bit of a mix of both but really just want to get on with it now. I'm feeling totally in the right place mentally to do this but whichever way you look at it this is major surgery with all its attendant risks.

A bit of a mix of both but really just want to get on with it now. I'm feeling totally in the right place mentally to do this but whichever way you look at it this is major surgery with all its attendant risks.

Thats so good you feel ready....Very true about major surgery and that why I had a wobble not long ago.....Im settled again xxx

How long do you stay in hospital for and where are you having it done ?
x

Great journey x mine was a bit unexpected as i struggle with getting pregnant and ivf consultan told it not gonna happend due to my obesity and told me to go to GP to get the referal for wls so I did in January and and in March I was added to tier3 and start councling sessions in June for 12 weeks than I chose hospital and mdt from tier3 refered me there. Had my 1st appoitment just general information and induction and weighing than strait to mdt than dietican again than milk diet back to dietican told to keep weight off as I lost 12 kg and than appoitment with surgeon and anestetist I put on 1.5 kg since I finish milk diet so got thumbs up again and now here I am waiting for my pre op appoitment on 23rd February.

February isnt that far away ...cant believe its 5th January already !!!!

Thats so good you feel ready....Very true about major surgery and that why I had a wobble not long ago.....Im settled again xxx

How long do you stay in hospital for and where are you having it done ?
x
I was surprised as i have to arrive on the day of surgery not earlier and I was told i will be out next day if all ok. My friend is having surgery on 3rd of March and she will be in her hospital for 4 days -1 b4 surgery and 3 postop. It's shows how different procedures different hospitals have.

I was surprised as i have to arrive on the day of surgery not earlier and I was told i will be out next day if all ok. My friend is having surgery on 3rd of March and she will be in her hospital for 4 days -1 b4 surgery and 3 postop. It's shows how different procedures different hospitals have.

Wow.... im the same as you then. Ive got to be in at 7am on 19th Jan as Im 2nd one booked in apparently and I go home at 7:30am the next morning. In a way Im glad as i will heal better at home and less infection issues as it's my germs not 100's of people using the hospital lol xxx Its amazing how different each hospital operates isn't it.

Next i know it will be my pre op in Feb lol x
Might be before as i had my pre op beginning of December and my op is on 19th ...eeeekkk! it wont be long xxx

Wow.... im the same as you then. Ive got to be in at 7am on 19th Jan as Im 2nd one booked in apparently and I go home at 7:30am the next morning. In a way Im glad as i will heal better at home and less infection issues as it's my germs not 100's of people using the hospital lol xxx Its amazing how different each hospital operates isn't it.
Excatelly lol x im just worried about journey back home in the car as im 1h40min drive from hospital so it gonna b rough auch

I've to go in for 2:00 pm on Sunday and told it is 3 or 4 days. I'm at Castle Hill, Hull. Do you think there is any difference in stay between NHS and private? Or is it just different teams having different protocols?

I've to go in for 2:00 pm on Sunday and told it is 3 or 4 days. I'm at Castle Hill, Hull. Do you think there is any difference in stay between NHS and private? Or is it just different teams having different protocols?
I think both Julia x when I was doing my counclling sessions I meet other people who wanted wls and we r still keeping I touch I choose luton and dunstable hospital and they Chelsea and Westminster hospital and St George's hospital and they procedures r all different to mine and we all having it done on NHS x

Excatelly lol x im just worried about journey back home in the car as im 1h40min drive from hospital so it gonna b rough auch
Take a pillow with you as that was the advice some ladies have put on here xxxxx That way it can hold you tummy safe away from belts and adjust seat as to what is comfortable for you lovely xxxx
Unfortunately Bristol is a hour away from me but on bad days that can also take 2 hours .....eeeekkkk!!! Depending on traffic but at that time Im hoping everyone is going in the opposite direction hehehehehe xxx

I think it is down to hospital policies as there was another lady on here who had private surgery but was also sent home the next day....everywhere seems different xxx

Take a pillow with you as that was the advice some ladies have put on here xxxxx That way it can hold you tummy safe away from belts and adjust seat as to what is comfortable for you lovely xxxx
Unfortunately Bristol is a hour away from me but on bad days that can also take 2 hours .....eeeekkkk!!! Depending on traffic but at that time Im hoping everyone is going in the opposite direction hehehehehe xxx
That's my plan to get comfy in the car lol last time it took me nearly 4h to drive home as there was accident on m20 u may have heard about that on telly news that pedestrian crossing has fallen down on motorway and i was on my way home from hospital my bloody luck lol x

woke up today with no hi temp no cough no snotty nose just feel like there is mucus in back of my throat so rang the hospital nursing staff say they don't come in then they put me through to the Mr Carr's secretary who says they are nursing staff its not their decision and tells me to sit tight don't break my diet and she will speak to Mr Carr and ring me back ......needless to say I am crossing everything that he lets it go ahead
What have they said hunny? How are you feeling now? Its that time of the year xxx

Its a step backwards....only one and your gonna bounce back hunny. Think about how many steps forward you have done to be where you are today until this hicup and be very proud of yourself!!! Take all that upset and get it out of your system...pick yourself up and prove them that you are ready and you are going to move forward. I had steps back too hunny and I had damn good cry and then moved forward...it's almost like a test to see what you are gonna do.

Well my lovey your gonna this ......your gonna brush yourself down, hold head high and say to yourself I can do this and shine xxxxxx
Thank you hun. I spoken to the nurse I can't do the milk diet coz of my condition so I have to follow a low cal diet for 5weeks n lose 5% more body weight to prove I can do it. Its frustrating but I will lose 5% n keep it off. I just hope they book me for the surgeon after. I got told I have funding which is amazing news so in all not so bad just a slight hiccup on the bumpy road to the rest of my healthy life. Onwards and upwards xxx

woke up today with no hi temp no cough no snotty nose just feel like there is mucus in back of my throat so rang the hospital nursing staff say they don't come in then they put me through to the Mr Carr's secretary who says they are nursing staff its not their decision and tells me to sit tight don't break my diet and she will speak to Mr Carr and ring me back ......needless to say I am crossing everything that he lets it go ahead
Hope all works out for you hun xx

Thank you hun. I spoken to the nurse I can't do the milk diet coz of my condition so I have to follow a low cal diet for 5weeks n lose 5% more body weight to prove I can do it. Its frustrating but I will lose 5% n keep it off. I just hope they book me for the surgeon after. I got told I have funding which is amazing news so in all not so bad just a slight hiccup on the bumpy road to the rest of my healthy life. Onwards and upwards xxx

Yep...just a hicup :) Shame you cant do that version of LSD but you will be great on the other one xx Im made up you have the funding as its such a relief for you ...whoop whoop :) xxxxx

Yep...just a hicup :) Shame you cant do that version of LSD but you will be great on the other one xx Im made up you have the funding as its such a relief for you ...whoop whoop :) xxxxx
Thank hun I really am going to show them. Whatch this space lol. Its just 3 meals a day no snacking. I was literally so happy when I asked she said iv had funding for a while they just never told me. She also said that its changed 5 years ago you had to get local funding from your local cc something but its changed you get funding once you have complete the tear 3-4 if you meet all the criteria. Wish I was told this before iv worried a long time that I would go through all this and then not get funding. So I advise asking anyone on your team.
I really feel much more positive today after the past few days I'm so happy I have you all to talk to it can be quite an upsetting journey.
Are you prepared for your op? Bet you just want it done now? I can't imagine how good it felt to get a date, the day I get the date I think I will scream and cry with pure happiness. Xx

Back