• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2017 Surgeries

it all getting exciting now. I'm feeling so good (with or without a bra) I've heard people say that they went down with pants and came up without them. I'm a little concerned about that just in case I miss a little tufty on my tuna box pmsl and they are having a good look at it thinking ive missed a spot pmsl.... so glad you can have a laff this journey is hard without it being so serious xxx
Omfg I'm crying laughing tuna box pmsl soon funny. I bloody hope that don't happen to me I'd turn them gay seeing my lady garden pmsl. X

Well now the other side of the op. My goodness was I in pain in the recovery room! All OK now though after taking absolutely every pain relief offered. Swallow test tomorrow and then hopefully on to the liquid diet.

Contraception? I'm 60 so we'll risk it without.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Wow I hope I'm like you when I grow up hehe
Xx

Surgeon said I'm looking at Feb/march time as

Me too I've been a bag of nerves all day, appointment wasn't until 4.10. Surgeon went through my original health questionnaire and we discussed which surgery I'd like and what he thought I should have, agreed on full bypass. He was thrilled with my overall weight loss of 2 stone since starting tier 3 in Feb 16. He said they have a backlog of surgeries so I'd be looking at march/April for surgery that's why I was asking about lrd appointment being in Feb x
May I ask which hospital you are being seen at xx

Well that was dramatic. Be in no doubt that this is major surgery. Intense pain about 30 minutes after swallowing barium meal for swallow test. It eased but came back a bit later. I was begging for pain relief and would describe it as a notch up on childbirth.

Taken back down to theatre yesterday evening, in my befuddled state I'm not sure what they did yet but I'm grateful as pain is now what you would expect post operative. I'll post more when I know more.

Well that was dramatic. Be in no doubt that this is major surgery. Intense pain about 30 minutes after swallowing barium meal for swallow test. It eased but came back a bit later. I was begging for pain relief and would describe it as a notch up on childbirth.

Taken back down to theatre yesterday evening, in my befuddled state I'm not sure what they did yet but I'm grateful as pain is now what you would expect post operative. I'll post more when I know more.
OMG Julia !!!!!! I hope you are ok my lovely xxxxx Sending lots of love and get better hugs xxx Keep us up to date as we do worry for each other xx

Omg! I really hope your okay thinking of you sending big hugs xxxx

Bless x thinking of ya x

Grrrrr! Just got a letter to see the dietitian end of march!! The nurse told me 4weeks she will see me well 3 months isnt 4 weeks So frustrating
I spoke to my hospital on Monday saying about this appointment they said they will look into it, so I called again today and thankfully they have given me a new appointment for 1st Feb if iv lost a stone by then the will then book me for the surgeon FINALLY!!! Feeling so much better after being lost in the system then to be told they want me to lose another 5% to prove to them due to a gain over Xmas. I'm feeling more positive now and really hope things move forward now.

I spoke to my hospital on Monday saying about this appointment they said they will look into it, so I called again today and thankfully they have given me a new appointment for 1st Feb if iv lost a stone by then the will then book me for the surgeon FINALLY!!! Feeling so much better after being lost in the system then to be told they want me to lose another 5% to prove to them due to a gain over Xmas. I'm feeling more positive now and really hope things move forward now.
The easiest way to loose weight quickly is to do milk diet bring appoitment I have to do it as between appoitments I put about 3-4 kg and im loosing it b4 appoitment am like a jojo up anew down with my weight. Right now I'm 3.5 kg up from my target weight that surgeon tell me to keep off. So I hoe I will manage to loose it again x

Well haven't been on in a couple of days as been super busy and packing my hospital bag ready for Monday.. I'm getting really nervous hope I've done lsd enough slightly getting worried now just in case they take me down and haven't done enough but I think that's just normal to think like that.. hope your all well xx

The easiest way to loose weight quickly is to do milk diet bring appoitment I have to do it as between appoitments I put about 3-4 kg and im loosing it b4 appoitment am like a jojo up anew down with my weight. Right now I'm 3.5 kg up from my target weight that surgeon tell me to keep off. So I hoe I will manage to loose it again x
I can't do the milk diet due to my condition I have to do the low cal one. But my nurse said because of my condition as long as iv lost the stone she doesn't care how I do it. I'm doing slimming world that's works for me. But I am not allowed to snack at all just have 3 meals a day and portion control. You can do it hun just focus and think what it means to you. I believe in you let's show them xx

Last edited:
Well haven't been on in a couple of days as been super busy and packing my hospital bag ready for Monday.. I'm getting really nervous hope I've done lsd enough slightly getting worried now just in case they take me down and haven't done enough but I think that's just normal to think like that.. hope your all well xx
I'm sure you will be fine just stick to it 100% and it will be fine. Wishing you all the best for Monday hun will be thinking of you.
I got some good news I revived a letter for the 1sr Feb to see my nurse who wants me to lose a stone by then, (I'm on it 100%) so not worried at all well maybe a little but I'm being so good.
But the other good news is I received my letter for an appointment to see the surgeon on the 16th march I can not tell you how much I cried when I saw it. After speaking to someone at my hospital Monday she said she will look into thingsnas I was so upset by not being referred to the surgeon all coz of a gain over Xmas. Then spoke to my nurse yesterday she said if I lose the stone by the first she will refer me to my surgeon well today I got my appointment with him I am over the moon. After 17 long butt kicking months an emotional rollercoaster I finally get to see my surgeon. Heathy me I'm coming to get you wahooooooo xxx

Back