• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Jumping for joy.

Congratulations! Hope you are healing well and managing to sip those fluids x

Can anyone advise me please, ive woken thismorning with really horrible smelly breath and a metalic taste and my tongue had a thin coating of white on it. Is that normal? Xx

Thank you everyone. Its been such a help being able to come here and read everyones diaries and snipets of knowledge.
I am still feeling thrilled and well, I am now discovering little things that I cant tolerate, my first is a cup of tea......really upset my tummy, the temperature was fine, not too hot, I know im fine with milk but it gave me the runs ....twice.
Coffee for me from now on then lol

That happened to my mum Vicky. She had surgery and found she couldnt drink tea. The runs might be due to all the liquids you are having. Usually things come out pretty much the same way as they went in. It's early days, keep trying tea, you maybe able to tolerate it soon. I am so happy that you are well xx :hugs:

Thank you everyone. Its been such a help being able to come here and read everyones diaries and snipets of knowledge.
I am still feeling thrilled and well, I am now discovering little things that I cant tolerate, my first is a cup of tea......really upset my tummy, the temperature was fine, not too hot, I know im fine with milk but it gave me the runs ....twice.
Coffee for me from now on then lol
Good to hear from you Vicky, and it's sounds like things are going well, maybe just a little to early for that cuppa as Paula says try again at a later date, keep up the good work Xx

Congratulations on getting your surgery, Vicky! I hope you're recovering well and things go how you want. I'll look forward to reading more about your journey :)

Apart from being on a puree diet and eating like a sparrow, and having itchy dressings on my tummy and annoying life saving stockings on my feet, I feel absolutely normal, no pain or discomfort, a little weary but not overly tired, I feel as if ive lost weight, my trousers are too big so I need to buy some new ones for work.
Im really really happy.
I feel so well I almost feel a fraud......but I know its all real.
I hope I can give some good thoughts and feelings to pre oppers.

Great to hear Vicky, really pleased for you xx

Yep im doing quite well, I struggle to get all the fluid in, im managing 1.5lts on average but its hard. Sometimes I get a little light headed but not often, I try to drink a glass of milk every day and 200mls orange juice. Still cant manage tea or coffee. Im looking forward to eating normally again but certainly not going to rush.

Back