• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Jumping for joy.

Oh Vicky I'm so sorry, I work in a chemotherapy unit and our patients are susceptible to PE's, I will say we do not waste any time in getting a CT to confirm or otherwise, are they treating you for one just in case ? Xx

Also if they haven't put you on nbm you could request semi skimmed milk and have a few days on the 'milk diet' they should be able to accommodate that fairly easily xx

Things not really gone to plan.
Day 1 of liver reducing diet yesterday, it was going reLly well.
10 days ago I thought id pulled a muscle in my chest, instead of getting better it was getting worse on a daily basis.
Went to hospital yesterday with chest pain, ecg ok, blood test for heart indicates all ok, blood test for clots raised, they think its possible ive got a bloid test on my lung, still in hospital waiting for a ct scan to be sure one way or other.
If ct scan is clear it means that ive pulked muscle, but not knowing why blood test raised but docs here think op could go ahead on weds, not spoken to bariatric team who might decide otherwise.
Not eaten anything since lunch time yesterday as want to try and stay on lrd, not sure how to manage that in hospital though. Everyone been a bit vague. Advise please

Oh Vicky
You can do without the late problems when you are so focused on the op. Keep on the LRD until you are sure either way and let the BAriatric team know the outcome. All digits are crossed for you that your lungs are clear and all goes ahead as planned.
Keep us posted.

SJ xx

Im home now.
They gave me numerous painkillers and two injections in my tummy for clots, in the morning my pain had subsided considerably, therefore they decided it wasn't a clot and I didn't need a ct scan and was sent home with oromorph.
I stuck to lrd by not eating until I got home at 9.30.
My hubster has put his size 9's firmly on the ground and has demanded that I dont do any work until after op so im resting and walking.
The doctors have said there is no reason for the surgery not to go ahead and none of the medication will make any difference.
I have not told the bariatric team but my admission will be on the system so if they ring ill tell them. Im too scared to tell them.
Im enjoying the lrd but struggling to eat all the food.
Thanks for the feedback ladies, very much appreciated xxx

Im home now.
They gave me numerous painkillers and two injections in my tummy for clots, in the morning my pain had subsided considerably, therefore they decided it wasn't a clot and I didn't need a ct scan and was sent home with oromorph.
I stuck to lrd by not eating until I got home at 9.30.
My hubster has put his size 9's firmly on the ground and has demanded that I dont do any work until after op so im resting and walking.
The doctors have said there is no reason for the surgery not to go ahead and none of the medication will make any difference.
I have not told the bariatric team but my admission will be on the system so if they ring ill tell them. Im too scared to tell them.
Im enjoying the lrd but struggling to eat all the food.
Thanks for the feedback ladies, very much appreciated xxx
Good luck Vicky, hope all goes well xx

Oh Vicky Sorry to hear about your scare. Lets hope all settles and you can carry on with your journey. Good job for not letting it gt to you. I think at LS Stage our nerves are all a little frayed. Stay determined xxx

Please tell your bariatric team. A&E doctors usually have a scary limited knowledge of bariatrics, there may be factors that they are unaware of. I waited close to 4 years for my surgery so I fully understand the panic about not wanting anything to throw a spanner in the works and postpone it - but your safety HAS to come first. It may very well all be fine, but you have to give your team the complete picture so that they can make an informed decision.

Good luck tomorrow Vicky, I can only imagine how you must be feeling tonight, will be thinking of you tomorrow and look forward to your progress reports whenever you feel up to it, big hugs xxxx

Aww thank you bling.
Got up at 4.30, couldnt sleep, not nervous just excited to finally be here.
Weighed this morning, lost 9.5lb on 7 days LRD......very happy with that. I will try and post something tonight, I have to be at hospital at 7.30 so should be one of the first to theatre. X

Good luck lovely lady!

Congratulations Vicky, good to hear from your, get plenty of rest xx

Back