• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Jumping for joy.

Congratulations on the job and getting your date. I'd probably delay surgery in your position I think. I wasn't feeling too bad at around town days out but I was still sleeping a lot as required and wouldn't have been up to travelling. Constipation is pretty usual and it was a full time job getting in enough liquids, leaving gaps and then a couple of mouthfuls of puree. I can imagine how frustrating it might feel though,especially if you've already cancelled one holiday!
The issue of having appropriate medical support on hand is a very valid concern too :(

Ive got my date......weds 23rd Aug, im super excited but ive emailed my team as its only 2 1/2 weeks before I fly to lanzarote for a 3 1/2 week holiday, if they are confident that I will be ok to fly and enjoy my holiday then im happy to go with it, hubby can carry all the cases and iys just him and I going to no kiddies to chase after. We are staying half board and there is a good choice of food.. just wait to see when the team get back to me.
What are your views? Do you think ill be ok. ?
Im having full bypass x

Hi Vicky
Congrats on the surgery date. I was in a similar position having a 2 week holiday in Cyprus (here now) after just 4.5 weeks out from bypass surgery. When I went to pre-op appointment the anaesthetist said 4 -6 weeks after surgery was okay but surgeon said 2 - 4 weeks depending on recovery with no complications. Like you , my husband has done all the heavy lifting etc but we are in a villa so I am doing the food so I have co Trollope over what I prepare. Get good travel insurance with a company willing to cover you post -op. I used All Clear but there are lots out there. I also brought my post-op discharge letter, post of advice sheet and full prescription list with me in case I needed to seek medical advice. Touch wood that hasn't been needed to date. I would advise you to wear the delightful TED stockings during the flights and if you are tall (I am 5ft 7) try to book extra leg room.
It really all comes down how well you recover post -op. What I can say is this 2 weeks of R&R has been superb for recovery.
Good luck with it all.
SJ xx

I think you've made the right choice, congratulations on the new job and here's to 23rd August xxx

So excited for you that you got your date hunny. Xxx

Yay that's great Vicky so pleased for you Xx

Just been food shopping for lrd starting on weds......thank goodness lrd only for 1 week, I couldnt afford it any longer lol
It so good that you can eat real food leading up to your surgery and only a week of lrd, I do envy you, not looking forward to another 4 weeks of milk, hey ho it's a small price to pay x

Things not really gone to plan.
Day 1 of liver reducing diet yesterday, it was going reLly well.
10 days ago I thought id pulled a muscle in my chest, instead of getting better it was getting worse on a daily basis.
Went to hospital yesterday with chest pain, ecg ok, blood test for heart indicates all ok, blood test for clots raised, they think its possible ive got a bloid test on my lung, still in hospital waiting for a ct scan to be sure one way or other.
If ct scan is clear it means that ive pulked muscle, but not knowing why blood test raised but docs here think op could go ahead on weds, not spoken to bariatric team who might decide otherwise.
Not eaten anything since lunch time yesterday as want to try and stay on lrd, not sure how to manage that in hospital though. Everyone been a bit vague. Advise please

Back