• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Jumping for joy.

Well, ive had a bit of a health blip, I want to share it, because if I had assumed that it happened because of recovering from surgery and just thinking itll pass......I might not be here today.
I woke at 7.45 about an hour later than usual. I got out of bed, walked round bed, got meds, went to bathroom and started to feel light headed, took meds, but still felt very faint, sat myself on bathroom floor, stayed there im guessing 10 mins or so and felt better, stood up slowly and decided to have a shower thinking it might make me feel better, had the quickest shower ever, while drying myself felt very faint again, staggered to bedroom, fell on bed, when I felt stronger I grabbed phone and emailed bariatric nurses that id fainted, is it normal, luckily they quickly replied, no its not normal and advised I seek medical help. ( hubby was working away) feeling really poorly I managed to put a t shirt on and dressing gown and went downstairs, unlocked front door, got a glass of milk, got house phone and sat with legs elevated to see if I would feel better, ( I remembered staryeyed saying she had fainted and hoped it would pass) but I was feeling worse not better, tried ringing gp for house call but couldnt get through so rang 111 they asked lots of questions and sent an ambulance, ambulance hooked me up to machine and my heart rate was beating 200 beats a minute instead of the usual 70 and I had irregular rhythm. I was blue lighted to hospital....... in resus they couldnt get access to a vein, they had to get an aneathatist, it took over 2 hours to stabalise me. In that 2 hours I was very poorly. I dread to think what would have happened if I hadnt called 111.
Please dont assume that fainting is just part of the bypass recovery process.

Well done for not assuming it was to do with the operation and getting help. Hope your feeling much better and that you are getting the care you need. Look after your self and am holding you in my thoughts.

Aw Vicky thank goodness you had the good sense to get further assistance, when did this happen and are you on the mend now, ? Take care xx

What a scare? Hope you're continuing to feel much better. Do they know what caused your heart rate to be so fast? I hope they're keeping an eye on you x

What a scare? Hope you're continuing to feel much better. Do they know what caused your heart rate to be so fast? I hope they're keeping an eye on you x
No idea really although they think it might be the shock of surgery but I dont think so.
I have to have a 48hr test and also an echo, maybe I will know more after that.

Well I'm glad they're keeping an eye on you x

Sounds scary Vicky. Really good job you phoned 111! Hope your tests went ok and you have been allowed back to work.

Thank you x

Hi Vicky

How are you feeling and have your echo results come back? And are you allowed back to work? The main thing is to make sure of your health - work will always be there but allow yourself time to get better and stronger. Unfortunately, when I went back after 4 separate periods of ill heath albeit that systems were supposedly in place to ease me in it didn't happen that way - when you are back to work people expect the same work rate and level from you from day one so be kind to yourself.

SJ x

Hi Vicky

How are you feeling and have your echo results come back? And are you allowed back to work? The main thing is to make sure of your health - work will always be there but allow yourself time to get better and stronger. Unfortunately, when I went back after 4 separate periods of ill heath albeit that systems were supposedly in place to ease me in it didn't happen that way - when you are back to work people expect the same work rate and level from you from day one so be kind to yourself.

SJ x
Hi,
I went back to work yesterday, im only contracted 16hrs a week, but this week im on reduced hours, im only working 1 hr a day. Surgery wise, im fine, im mire or less eating normal food although I still tend to opt for soft ish food.
Heart wise, that is still misbehaving, ive been admitted 3 times in the last 4 weeks, but they have changed my medication now so fingers crossed.
I feel as though my weight loss is slow but ive not been exercising because of the AF but cardiologist has given me the go ahead so this week I am going to buy myself a new bike to cycle to wirk and im going to start swimming. And I cant wait.

Hi. The first appointment I had was with dietician, physician, physiotherapist, and psychologist, the psychologist said I didnt need to see her again, dietician gave me weight loss target and diet sheet, I followed that for 6 months, then saw dr k, he said I qualified for surgery, then had appts for sleep apnea test, then waited for pre op appt then surgery date. Hope you get this in time, sorry im late in replying. Let me know how you get on x

Thanks for you reply. Just been in with the surgeon. Hes happy with my 6kg loss from 10kg. He says i have to see psycologist next week then see him again in 5 to 6 weeks and if ive lost the rest ill get a date for my surgery.

Back