• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kelly1 questions/answers here

It does love, but I wondered if it may mean double surgery if you have to go back for the gastric bypass? Forgive my ignorance, I would rather ask and make sure I am learning and understanding. Thank you precious! xxx

Just me again. I was 18 stone when I had my surgery and, just over 5 months later I am just a fraction over 12 stones. If you follow the rules and put your all into it, you shouldn't need the second op at the weight you are starting from. xx

Reactions: Bev
Thank you so much... it's certainly made me stop and think... no matter how much I read in books... I still have questions... so very grateful to you all and your results are amazing... as are Mixxie's, sounds like he has halved his body weight almost!

Do you still need vitamin supplements with a sleeve and does the sleeve wear out in time? xxx

no i dont think you do need vitamins, and its permanat, but can go onto to be a bypass if needed x

I orginally thought i wanted a band but on talking to my surgeon and being honest about my food habits and my emotional thoughts i realised i was kidding myself and went for the full bypass. YES i was scared but my coping technique was to believe that nothing would go wrong and i didn't write letters or even discuss the possibility of not waking up with my family! I have been so fortunate to sail through the whole process and a year down the line have never suffered any complications or been sick or ever dumped and for that i am so grateful.
As far as pain was concerned i never had any( i had keyhole), i was in hospital two nights (only down to distance travelled). I can eat anything although sometimes things like bread and pasta just disagree with me slightly. What you are feeling Kelly is perfectly natural and is all part of the emotional roller coaster that is WLS. I wish you as positive an experience as i had big hugs x

I take a vitamin supplement daily (I get it on prescription).

The sleeve doesn't wear out as such. However, it will stretch over time. Hopefully though, by the time that starts to happen you will have changed your lifestyle enough to eat 'sensibly'.

The part of the stomach that is left, is the part that is less stretchy (apparently).

I've just copied the following from a site that I looked at when I was researching -

Some people are under the mistaken impression that any type of surgery to correct obesity will simply take care of the problem without any effort on their behalf. This is definitely not true of gastric sleeve resection. Dietary limitations have to be imposed and people who have the surgery are usually counseled on what they should eat and should avoid. Furthermore, as a person recovers from gastric sleeve resection, and begins to lose excess weight, exercise can help accelerate this process and is encouraged.

xx

Thanks everyone... I do feel more confident to ask questions and I am so grateful.

Love and hugs to you all xxx

do u feel like your swaying from the band bev?...

I have been doing Kell., since I like my food particularly savoury and sweet things... somehow this feels like it is more for me... I won't know until I have discussed if fully with Mr Ammori, but I would use the gastric sleeve or bypass as my starting point and ask his guidance as to why the band would be best for me...it's an individual thing in the end...but it sure helps to get opinions from you all. Thank you xxx

hi bev i went to have the band butt mr amorie talked me into the bypass and i have to say he knows his stuff

Thanks Sue, I can't wait to meet him... xxx

You will love him Bev, Ive yet to meet one person including all the other medical staff who doesnt love the man lol. He is completely proffessional but genuinely caring too. I think I want to marry him, do you think my hubby will mind :D x

i think i want to marry mr balupuri!!!!

I think the world is your oyster love from seeing you, but looking at your family, don't think you can really improve on that front no matter what! xxx

These shoud help show the difference -

Band -

band.jpg

Bypass -

bypass.jpg

Sleeve -

sleeve.jpg

Don't think about the sleeve being the first of two ops, that is only for patients with a VERY high BMI as it is safer to do the shorter sleeve op than the longer bypass op in the first place, and then convert to bypass once the BMI is lower. The sleeve is a wls in its own right and as Mixxy has proved can be very successful.

Reactions: Bev
arghh thans bev but my lovely hubbi will dooo haha x

:eek: ooo bev!!!! hahahhahaha sooooorrrrrry i thought you ment me how embarrassing xx

Bless you love, we will just keep working through all issues until we arrive where we should be... loads of love to everyone and thanks xxx

Not at all Kelly... the same applies to you and sending a huge hug to you! xxx

Back