• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kelly1 questions/answers here

ooooo i love a bit of body butter me!!

Haha... Kelly you are just like me... I am addicted to pampering!
Does anyone have a good remedy for stretch marks?
xxx

I thought about the sleeve before the band for the malabsorption, but my surgeon said that the bypass would be better for me, and i trusted him, he said he would do a sleeve if when i get on the operating table and a bypass wasnt possible, but all went fine.
The idea of taking tablets (even though they are only multivitamins) for the rest of my life bothered me, but apparently you still have to take them with a sleeve. My bariatric nurse said that the malabsorption works both ways though, we only get 30% of nutrients from our food, but we also only absorb 30% of the calories too.
Do your research Kelly (when your not dodging spiders) if you go informed, and you understand all procedures, i am sure your surgeon will be able to recommend op would be best for you.
xxx

I am thinking the same way as Kelly right now Mona... on the brink of asking many questions about the two options you have mentioned... isn't it funny how you change your options once you start exploring things further... I am learning so much day by day and sincerest thanks xxx

I am thinking the same way as Kelly right now Mona... on the brink of asking many questions about the two options you have mentioned... isn't it funny how you change your options once you start exploring things further... I am learning so much day by day and sincerest thanks xxx
Its true, nothing is ever as it seems when you start looking in to stuff.
The amount of people now that ask "do you ever feel hungry now?" is unreal! i am sick of telling them, yes i still feel hungry, yes i still crave foods and without fail they say
"oh i thought you had it and then never felt hungry again"
I WISH!!

I've not felt hungry once since the surgery. I know that my hunger may come back, which is why I'm trying to make sure that I get into good habits now xx

So amazing not to feel hunger... the times I have grappled with that one!
I'm utilising my pre op time to getting my brain and body into gear!
My plan is working so far!
Positive thinking and best foot forward!
xxx

Hi ive another question :sign0163: so with the sleeve do you suffer with these hypo's ive been reading about?... its scary stuff! i dont fancy hitting the deck every day, and if so how do you balance it out?..... with eating mainly protein? thanks xx

I've got a question too after the pictures of the surgery... Do they leave in the 'old' stomach when they do a sleeve??? and in bypass why do they stitch the 'old' stomach to further down the intestines if its not used anymore - why not take it out like the sleeve?

Hi Kelly, I can't answer your hypo question from the POV of a post opper, but can as a diabetic. I get hypos if I don't eat, eg if I skip breakie, lunch or supper (have them early morning if I don't have supper!) However, anyone can have a hypo as blood sugar can drop naturally from either not eating regular meals, or from over-exercising, exhaustion, heat, etc - any activity that burns sugar.

From what I've read on the forum I think that hypos post op are probably caused by eating sugary or carby foods; the body produces a massive amount of insulin in response to cope with the sugar that's been ingested, leading to a drop in overall blood sugar. But could possibly be due to only being able to eat very small amounts of food at any one time, when previously the body's been used to larger amounts... I would imagine that post op if I'm still diabetic I will need to keep a close eye on my sugar levels and have small amounts of slow releasing carbs along with the protein... hope this makes sense and I've picked up the info correctly!

thanks nova x

In a bypass the large part of the stomach is left in and still connected to the intestines so that the stomach acids and bile etc can drain down and aid digestion further down.

Mixxy (Spiderman lol..) or Shell,
Did you see that programme on sky tv last night called 'Fat Doctor'...
I saw something being put back in to the stomach... looked like fat... will have to watch again to be sure...is fat removed at the time of the operation?
xxx

I'm trying my very best... moving parts I didn't know I had... and enjoying the exercise I must say... I have surprised myself! xxx

You have done so well Mixxy, I can understand what you are saying about exercise...
I've never been sporty... had a job that didn't physically demand... and I let the pounds pile on!
I have started in the last month with toning tables, trying to help myself pre op and also the Wii fit... I shall want to lose some more before I 'go public' with my wobbly bits... but it would be really good to be able to feel comfy in a swimming costume again and head off to the baths regularly! xxx

That would be the augmentum, its like a fatty lining on the intestines, and on fat doctor when they show open surgeries they always show it coming out and going back in.

Thanks Shell, it was an amazing operation... and the results again... were so dramatic... I shall check out the augmentum... thanks again xxx

Back