• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

L & D

Well I had my triple appointment yesterday and they have gave me a date I'm having a sleeve on the 28th !!!!

Well I had my triple appointment yesterday and they have gave me a date I'm having a sleeve on the 28th !!!!
Great news. Of may????? Who's your surgeon?

congrats on the date kerry

WOW so pleased for you fingers crossed I'm as lucky as you at my appointment later today feeling very nervous hence still not asleep!

Any advice or details of how it went and when you found out the outcome and date please?

Hi is anyone under the UCL in London what was your experience there. Who was your consultant.

Thanks Androulla

Sat in restaurant had my echo now just got to wait for the triple appointments, feeling very shaky and nervous

WOW so pleased for you fingers crossed I'm as lucky as you at my appointment later today feeling very nervous hence still not asleep!

Any advice or details of how it went and when you found out the outcome and date please?

Hope it went well and u got the outcome u was after all the best

It was a long day was there from 11 till 5pm. I now have to wait for an appointment with the surgeon and anethatist (sp) in about 4 weeks. So wasn't as lucky as you as there was no surgical team in on Thursdays clinic :(

It was a long day was there from 11 till 5pm. I now have to wait for an appointment with the surgeon and anethatist (sp) in about 4 weeks. So wasn't as lucky as you as there was no surgical team in on Thursdays clinic :(

Good things come to those who wait it will soon come round let me know how it goes.

Feeling very disillusioned at the moment sitting here in tears. Just got off the phone to Debbie at L&D to find out the final outcome of the MDT appointment last Thursday.

They have decided they want me to go back on 1st July (8 weeks) to see the dietitian to show them i can maintain or lose weight as I did the milk diet under the Tier 3 with N&N and it was over a year ago. Then they will decide if i can see a surgeon or not then. None of this was mentioned or hinted to me at my appointment last Thursday hence I am so upset. I ask each of them after the individual appointments if they had an issues and they all said no they were happy to move me on to the surgeon. The dietitian gave me a diet plan of 1200 calories to follow so i was ready for after surgery. I specifically asked her if i needed to do this for a certain time to show them I could before i saw a surgeon and her words were 'definitely not its just to help you get ready for post op as you have proved you can to pre-op by doing the milk diet for 4 months'

I don't understand why they have now decided to make me do this for 8 weeks then book the surgeon appt. Debbie has said they is a chance i may see the surgeon that day but no guarantees and considering they weren't in on Thursday I doubt I will. SO after leaving thinking I was on track for a op in maybe July /Aug i now have no idea if i will even get the op let alone when. I am devastated and all Debbie kept saying was think positively and prove us wrong. I feel as if the 'carrot' keeps being moved further and further away and that they don't understand what this 'tool' (the op) means to me. My whole future path depends on this op.

Sorry to blurt out and give depressing stuff after the good news for you Kerry.

Feeling very disillusioned at the moment sitting here in tears. Just got off the phone to Debbie at L&D to find out the final outcome of the MDT appointment last Thursday.

They have decided they want me to go back on 1st July (8 weeks) to see the dietitian to show them i can maintain or lose weight as I did the milk diet under the Tier 3 with N&N and it was over a year ago. Then they will decide if i can see a surgeon or not then. None of this was mentioned or hinted to me at my appointment last Thursday hence I am so upset. I ask each of them after the individual appointments if they had an issues and they all said no they were happy to move me on to the surgeon. The dietitian gave me a diet plan of 1200 calories to follow so i was ready for after surgery. I specifically asked her if i needed to do this for a certain time to show them I could before i saw a surgeon and her words were 'definitely not its just to help you get ready for post op as you have proved you can to pre-op by doing the milk diet for 4 months'

I don't understand why they have now decided to make me do this for 8 weeks then book the surgeon appt. Debbie has said they is a chance i may see the surgeon that day but no guarantees and considering they weren't in on Thursday I doubt I will. SO after leaving thinking I was on track for a op in maybe July /Aug i now have no idea if i will even get the op let alone when. I am devastated and all Debbie kept saying was think positively and prove us wrong. I feel as if the 'carrot' keeps being moved further and further away and that they don't understand what this 'tool' (the op) means to me. My whole future path depends on this op.

Sorry to blurt out and give depressing stuff after the good news for you Kerry.

I feel for u I really do I know it can be really frustrating but look at it as a set back dust urself off and look foward to the next stage you need to focus on I always ask myself whats the alternative to go on like u have done all these years I know set backs are hard but you have just got to stay focused even after the op life is still gonna be a battle u just gotta keep on fighting....chin up x

Sad for you, but every pound you lose before is always a bonus. I had to prove I could lose and maintain too, even tho had already done it by having a successful band in previously. It wasnt my fault the hospital caused it to have to be removed.
In the end I just did as I was told, told them my thoughts and got on with it. Bite your pride n just get that weight loss recorded.
Tough it is :(
Keep chin up xx

I feel for you too Hun I was set a weight loss on the 3rd of March and promised my appointment would be 8wks later but when I got my appointment letter through the post my dreams hit the floor as it was moved to mid July. When I rang to find out why they said we feel it's too short a time. Just when I got used to the new date I got another letter telling me that the weight loss wanted before I see the surgeon was now increased. Had a few ups and downs but I have decided that if I can do as they asked it would increase my chances of surgery so staying with it. Bite your lip Hun n go with the flow you have come too far to give in. :)

Thank you ladies. I think what has annoyed me the most is there lack of awareness that telling us one thing and then doing another is so damaging to our mental health and if we open up too much to how we feel they will then say we are not mentally stable enough for the op even though they caused the issue. I also could understand if they had set me a weight loss goal or even just to lose but they want me to show maintenance, which my argument to them was i could show in 4 weeks and that it doesn't take 8 weeks to show.

Debbie asked me how I would cope with my aftercare and childcare after my op as a single mum. I said that in an ideal world having the op (if i was offered one) in the Summer holidays would be ideal as i have aftercare available and the boys are off school. Her response was, well that shouldn't be an issue if seen in 4 weeks time. So now I have that to worry and work out too.

When I spoke to her this afternoon she kept repeating that no one was saying i couldn't have the operation, but when i replied with but your not saying i can either all she said was not to be negative all the time. If she could give me something to be positive about it would help but she didn't seem to get that.

I am feeling as if i am being penalised as i didn't do my Tier 3 with the L&D but my local hospital here in Norwich so they have different rules for me. It doesn't seem right that I have done 3 years weight and food education and loss here to then be made to do something different to others who have either done similar with L&D or even that in those 3 years i have not gone back to my starting weight, kept it under that and lost even with a huge relapse of my ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which had me bed ridden for over a year. Therefore exercise is harder for me due to fatigue and pain from the ME not just the weight. I am currently 17 stone 4 lbs and my heaviest was 18 stone 10 lb.

I am trying to fine some positivity but having like most of you struggled with my weight since I was 8 years old, thinking i was being given the help i had been fighting for for so long to now find I still might not get it makes finding the positive energy a bit impossible at the moment.

Back