• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Long termers - B is for

CCPM

Fighting on day by day
Well in our ABC of WLS it must be time for B so what can we think of

Obviously bariatrics but strangely can't think of anything new to say. Sure someone else will be along to add something in to that.

My B is strangely enough for BOREDOM. Why? Well don't know about anyone else but whenever I made attempts at diets and they lasted longer that 5 minutes I usually did really well until the B word occurred. Then I would start to mess about and slowly but surely weight loss faltered and then stopped, then regain started.

Now did WLS solve this for you? Well for me it hasn't. It took me a long time to realise this. My weight loss slowed right down after 6 months and although it did continue to 2 years it grew very slow and I became more and more confused by this. I managed to get to target but keeping there is a struggle. It took me ages to realise that the op didn't change me just my tum. I have as usual grown tired of keeping control, planning and cooking the right things and very gradually crept back into old ways. No wonder I keep struggling with regain but I still seek the quick fix, see food as the thing that will do. I know what to do I'm bored with doing it. Anyone else find this little devil sitting on their shoulder as they get further out?

At the moment I am still cooking and planning. But I can see the sense in what you say. I can see myself there quite easily.

My B is for battle...

One thing I hate reading on this site is someone being native by thinking these weightloss surgery are some kind of magic wand.
And any weight lost 'is gone forever' !!!
Thank god is only a few that think like this.
Being over 2 yrs out now,at times I find it is a battle to keep my bad habits away......

Yep bored or demons not sure which to blame or just myself. Basically the combination of down moods, stress, tiredness & the dietitian saying if I didn't lose anymore weight they'ed be happy Ruth me as I'd lost 93% of my excess weight . But I still had at least a stone to lose to hit a healthy bmi & top end healthy weight. I think that helped to trigger the old un-dealt with challenges , mainly un-dealt with due to other family issues taking my attention, so now I'm hovering like a yo-yo up & down the scales I need to get a grip & take back control of myself & my weight. I keep threatening to visit the GP to ask for CBT or guidance on how to take back that control & get back in that place I was pre-surgery until a few months ago when things got on top of me. I've yet to go lethargy & idleness winning out again. I need to sort it, myself & my remaining weight loss & my future long term health rather then wasting my last chance.
It's tougher than we think this staying true to our pouches & staying thin. Here's hoping we all keep control of our demons & selves & stay the winners we have become & somehow find the inner strength to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

My B is for bloated - somethi ng I never experienced pre-op !

burping, sorry but i find i burp alot lol

"boredom" well maybe that's what I feel..... I find it difficult to get motivated by food at all these days and have lost my interest in anything exciting when it comes to food. To such an extent that, there's little in the fridge for anyone else in the family....because I still don't feel hungry I don't consider food at all. I eat very little not often enough so my loss has slowed right down. I'm only 14 months out so still a beginner!

Here I am again with the same dilemmas...only several stones lighter and sizes smaller.

I was poorly this week ( tummy upset) and this was the first time I wondered about what I had done. In the old days I would have had a slice of toast with some butter and marmite to settle my tummy..now I cant take that so where do I go from here?

Don't get me wrong .... I am soooooo happy with where I am today, I've just opened my new cafe, I can work as many hours a day I want, and still be able to walk!!!! But I do need to get a grip and be more careful with myself. Its a bit like that film "Death becomes her" we need to take care of our bodies now that we have given ourselves a new lease of life.

My b is for boobs- mine have never looked so good! Will they droop later or is a 10 stone loss enough to tell?

Mine have gone, they are officially spaniels ears, the fullness has gone, a good bra, no boob job for me. My hubby says I can took them in the waist band in me jimjams, cheeky. haha x but its true. All of my top half has really shrunk my bottom half will always be bigger it is noiceable still but it has gone down, hope the weight is just guna keep on going down taking the base of tummy bum n thighs with it, some hope but we all have dreams don't we. xx

Our problem is we all want it gone now now now. I honestly don't believe that our bodies suddenly stop, I think that we relax. And I think that we can choose our targets and get to them. Admittedly, I'm only six months out...wonder if I'll still be saying that in 12 months time :D

chrisa said:
Mine have gone, they are officially spaniels ears, the fullness has gone, a good bra, no boob job for me. My hubby says I can took them in the waist band in me jimjams, cheeky. haha x but its true. All of my top half has really shrunk my bottom half will always be bigger it is noiceable still but it has gone down, hope the weight is just guna keep on going down taking the base of tummy bum n thighs with it, some hope but we all have dreams don't we. xx

Haha x

Yeah the lack of an appetite & interest in food is a challenge, I have to remember to eat as I no longer want to eat, my head tells me to want something these days as those old whispering demons claw their way back into my head. If its easy to get food it's a priority over making healthier food, I've now got a stash of protein bars that at least if I can't be bothered to cook things that are good if I must pick I pick at a chocolate flavour protein bar so I hopefully fool my brain long enough to fill up on the protein rather than the high fat high sugar naughties that make me feel worse.
As for my boobs, they are like a pair of deflated balloons that need essential full strength scaffolding to round them up to point even vaguely in the right direction. Hidden support inside the bra gets the vaguely under control so it doesn't look to bad on the whole once I'm dressed. Lol

Bowels and the strange things they do at times...
As for boobs? "Think" I remember what they were.

Oh yes Boobs how could I not have thought of that. One very surprising 'side effect' of wls for me was to find out how vain I really am very strange I'm 59 in a couple of weeks. After struggling to target I was amazed at how much the loose skin and especially the saggy empty boobs affected me. The boobs especially made me feel terrible even when 417lbs I had a reasonable top half and to see it all disappear made me sad. Luckily Mr R soon go them 10 times better than they were when the plastics were done. Now however I have to face a retirement without much in the way of savings but it was worth it to get back my boobs and lose the loose skin. I was really fortunate I had the money to do it and I never forget how hard it has been for others in similar situations but without funds. NHS funding is a thing of great rarity for plastics.

M

I am pleased that you are happy with the plastics I know things aren't cheap but hey if your'e happy thats all thta matters. xx

How soon do you know if you're going to have loose skin? At the moment I don't see loads, but I'm only halfway there.

i THINK EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT YVE. We don't always notice the loose skin but i think it will be way down the line before we see the full extent of what is left thats why oits important to stay as toned as we possibly can I am thankful for all the years I out in at the gym and pilates and other bits of exercise I have done mine could be a lot worse than it is, my arms and the apron will be my worst of that I am sure, a good bra will support the slack boobs. xx

Back