• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Long termers - B is for

My worst area is my legs , weird as comparatively my legs were by no means my largest area . Personally I think I still have fat on my abdomen though my daughter says its skin , I will ask my doctor when I see him in the next couple of days

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using WLSurgery

B is certainly for BRAVE what a good one that is. How long does it take us to decide on life changing major surgery and the struggle that is coming to that conclusion. BRAVE is the exact word.

Loose skin Yve well I lost a lot of weight and it started really getting worse from about a 15 stone loss for me. Cheryl it started on my legs too but my legs were where I carried most of my weight. When I could gather an armful to tuck in my drawers as they say was when it really got to me. I could scaffold it up with support underwear but the sores, the infections and yes the awful smell (from the infection) really got me down. So much so that one day I wandered downstairs in our surgery and asked Mr R to sort me out PLEASE. He was lovely, before I knew it his nurse had me in a dance of the seven veils exposing bits of my rolls for him to manfully gather up himself. He then bravely said we can do this even if I have never tackled this much before and he did and the rest is history as is my retirement fund. BUT I smile now when I see myself in a mirror, I'm no model but I have never looked like that in my life a real hour glass shape has been carved out for me

M

Where are your pics CCPM? would be nice to see how you have changed. xx We are brave bariatrics!!!!

I had people tell me I was brave , I didn't see it that way , just a necessary course of action to. Improve my health

Yep thats what people said to me but. it was the only option left for me couldn't have carried on putting on weight xx

Exactly Chris & as a single mum I had my girls to think of , there really wasn't much of a choice

The sad thing is to get to a healthy BMI I need to loose another 3 stone, but don't think my body will go down that far just don't think it will be possible without me being ill or looking ill that is x Just have to wait n see, I will be exstatic with another stone to stone n a half xx

Earlier in the week I would have said I had about 25lb to healthy BMI , 21lb to my goal but thanks to trying to come off my bp meds its now 28lbs , bloody water retention

I mentioned my B word is for battle..

I definetly feel like that today,it's a battle with my emotions and battle with me wanting to comfort eat...I'm so tired,no energy,emotional,worried and just feeling like s**t today

Hugs Emma , I hope tomorrow proves an easier day for you .

Hope this week brings with it something new to restore all that is missing from your body Emma. Its difficult when we feel like that, that is how I have een feeling for quite a while I look shattered dark bags under my eyes its shocking really, some nights I slepp and some nights I don't. xx

Chris , are your iron levels ok ? I read the other day one of the side effects of iron deficiency is insomnia

Big bum - but no more yeay! Find myself thinking what the hell am I sitting on? Oh it's just the bones in my backside. No mo
No big bloomers anymore , some nice sexy knickers or dare I say thongs? ;-)
Re those enough Bs?

Sending you a hug Emma xx
I forgot before that B is for Back ache- and bum ache- and general bone ache!
Made me laugh about your bony bum BD- I never knew I had bones in my bum till I lost all this weight lol !

And sending you a hug too Chrisa !

I have more bone aches now , esp my hips in bed , just can't get really comfortable

It's odd isn't it. I often wake myself up clashing my knee bones together as I turn onto my side ! Still-it beats getting stuck on my back like a dying fly like I used to when I was fat !

Last edited:
Thank you all I am fine, Had my bloods checked bout 3 months ago, heard nothing back so must have been ok, B12 due next week, so waiting for that n just got the remains of a cold and bit of a cough feels dry but is productive. Take me iron tablets every day and have iron in me multivits, think my body is just tryn to get away from the stress, am feeling bit brighter bout things but nothing has changed, so just playing the waiting game. xx

Back