• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Long Termers

wow that's an awful lot of to cope with you are a fighter well done to you what a test of endurance, good luck with getting the weight off to get the hernia fixed you are one amazing person. xx

So glad you're on the right track Bonita. Feel better soon xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

What a horrible time you been through . I do hope your able to get home and rest and heal , nothing is like being in your own bed .

I kind of hijacked this thread a bit, sorry for that. :-(

Doing well though. It's been five weeks since the surgery now and I'm just slowly introducing bits of mushy food but still struggling a bit with it. The dietician gave me a prescription for Fresubin Crème, they are just like a crème pudding, pretty good, full of protein and just 2cals a portion but I'm dumping on them just now, same with the Ensure Plus, so its lots of water, vitamins and a couple of cheese triangles a day for now. Will be super duper slim in no time at this rate..lol

Nice bit is my OH booked us a week in Spain over Christmas bless him, says I need some sun and TLC...

I kind of hijacked this thread a bit, sorry for that. :-(

Doing well though. It's been five weeks since the surgery now and I'm just slowly introducing bits of mushy food but still struggling a bit with it. The dietician gave me a prescription for Fresubin Crème, they are just like a crème pudding, pretty good, full of protein and just 2cals a portion but I'm dumping on them just now, same with the Ensure Plus, so its lots of water, vitamins and a couple of cheese triangles a day for now. Will be super duper slim in no time at this rate..lol

Nice bit is my OH booked us a week in Spain over Christmas bless him, says I need some sun and TLC...

I am glad you are making progress. Enjoy your break and the sunshine:)

Best wishes

TBx

Yes Me too still struggling. I have resorted to trying some antidepressants at moment as I have been feeling a little down of late. Pressures at work but generally not been my best all my bloods are fine so trying the tablets to get me back on track mentally. Nice to hear from ya xx

A thought popped into my head as I was cooking dinner tonight - the hospital discharged me so quick so their stats would be fantastic. They'll never know that I've had a 3 Stone regain!

Yep still at my post pregnancy weight 10 months later, endocrinologist cheesed off with me because of it. I'm always trying, and I'm exercising as much as possible and eating moderately - just broken I think. But I'm happy and healthy, and that's a lot to be thankful fr.

Yes regain is awful and it really gets you down. I find my head a daily struggle I know what I have to do but doing it is difficult. I still eta small portions and get stuffed easily if I have sandwich I have 2 small slices of bread cant really handle 2 big ones they leave me really stuffed. xx

I'm doing okay - no regain but holding quite steady.

Chrisa - sorry to hear you've been feeling down, hoping the tablets sort things out for you.
Fiona - Yup, I think we're all discharged far too quickly. Unless there are complications, we fall off of the hospitals radar, and, because we're not followed up, things are left that 'they' believe we're all hunky dory.

Ive even tried slimming world, and that didnt work either - in fact, I gained even more! :( What can we do to support one another?

I think I've mentioned before that I follow a particular plan that works well - worth a try?

Went to see endocrinologist today, was expecting him to give me a talking too about my weight. But he didn't. He told me to get the implant out ASAP as he thinks that is causing some of my problems with weight not budging. He also says my PCOS is effectly cured! No sign of it. Combo of Weight loss and pregnancy apparently. So I have so many things to be thankful for.

I walk at least 4 miles everyday. Go to the gym 3 times a week. My fitness levels recently tested, we're rated 'good'. I get to roll around with and run after my new little toddler. I fit in to normal shop sized clothes. I'm 'normal' fat so rarely feel self conscious. I enjoy my food, but have let go of a lot of the addictive side of it. 3 years ago when I was waiting for my date - this was everything that I wanted.

Back