• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2014 Surgeries

Yay, I know a few people having their ops in June. Can't wait, excited for them. Thanks for keeping the list up to date Juicy. There were certainly a lot of us banded, sleeved and bypassed in May. Happy June everyone, may your losses continue as long as you want them too. :)

Welcome to the bench blue sip and rest for a speedy recovery

Well done to all of us May oppers & what a journey we will have :D

big thanks Juicy for keeping us updated :)

Yes three cheers, well done everyone. Now onto the June ops. Good luck with the loosing folks x

i would think so deb because we all going through it at the same time good to bounce off each other :)

Yes, definitely, it's still a place where us May oppers can come to chat or check up on each other. It'll be good to keep track of everyone's progress. xx

Good news Mel, I did my last injection today, no more stabbing myself, woohoo!

Did my first weigh in yesterday:

Pre op weight: 22st 7lb
Day of Op: 21st 8lb
Weight 10 days post op 31.5.14: 21st 1lb

Total loss in 24 days 1 stone 6lb...yeah I can live with that :8855:

Well done to all the May gang! What a list! I definitely will be coming back to this thread to see how everyone is getting on and offer any advice and vice versa so please keep posting people we can all help each other :)

So I had my op last Tuesday and today was the first day where I was on abit of a downer, I was fed up with my horrible drink in the morning with all my tablets, fed up with having to stab myself in the stomach with my fragmentin, fed up with trying to drink 2 litres of fluid a day when im struggling to get in even to close to a litre and by tea time I actually felt hungry :( on reflection I dont think it was hunger it was boredom of having to drink fluids and fancying something to 'pick me up' mood wise.

Food has long been my emotional crutch so it makes sense that I 'felt' hungry when im having a bad day, but thanks to the bypass there was no 'binge eating session' I made myself a nice warm cup of veg stock and after a few spoons id had enough. This perked my mood up knowing that I finally have control over my emotional eating after all these years, this surgery has given me back the control and long may it continue.

I think maybe I needed to have a bigger variety of fluids on offer to me instead of having the same 3 or 4 options every single day, I think after nearly a week im getting fed up with them so im looking forward to moving onto the next stage where I can have more variety and not get bored.

I got on the scales earlier and as the gas seems to be going down so does the weight, 8lbs since surgery, absolutely chuffed to bits with that!

Hope everyone else is coming on leaps and bounds be good to hear how your all getting on :)

I know how you feel lady luck, I can't wait until next stage either. Am having milked down yogurt, strained soup, slimfast shakes and am a little bored with that, but hey ho, the days are ticking along and next stage not too far off. I think post op the odd down day is to be expected, I have had a little bit of low mood yesterday. keep at it.
Thanks juicy for being a great keeper of the list. X
Good luck June opppers! x

Saturday evening was an eye opener for me. I had no kids, no hubby, curled up on the sofa. And all I wanted was a dirty great Chinese! Talk about habits!

That's the thing isnt it, it's habitual eating and now we cant it's a big big change.

Today has been much better for me, was able to drive, last day of injecting myself and all set to start on runny food tomorrow!

Hope everyone else is doing ok x

Morning Mel, only one of my injection sites bruised the rest are fine, the one that bruised was where I did not get a good pinch of skin from my tummy.
The rest if my wounds looking good and appear to be healing well. Just the shoulder wind pain that us giving me grief. Not at all hungry and struggling to get shakes etc down ,not because if sickness but just nit fancying anything.

Back