• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2014 Surgeries

Well starting weight at time of op diet was 25st 9 weight 2weeks ago weight today 24st 3 a loose of 1st 6 half a st of that in last 2 days

No probs after op holes in stomach all looking good, loving life. Loving my surgeon only little issue get a little tired mid afternoon after a kip tho all good

Hungar as gone

I love bypass :)

Hooray for runny porridge! had my first go at that this morning and so far so good. Had a really uncomfy day with wind pain pretty much allday Monday but yesterday was sooooooo much better, no pain at all. Just over a week out now and feeling quite good. Touch wood that continues. how are my other may mates doing today? X

All sounds good for the May oppers, everything is good with me surgery wise, holes are healing nicely, all injections finished, purees going down fine. Only problem is that as my immune system is obviously quite low, I've picked up my Husband's bug that he was kind enough to share with me.

I have a funny, fuzzy feeling in my fingers, I was worried that I might have low oxygen levels in my blood again as thats the reason I stayed in hospital the extra night(s). I spoke to the Bariatric Nurse yesterday, she doesn't think thats what it is, but suggested I speak to my GP today. Got an appointment for 2pm, so we'll see what he says. Had to apply for another sick note too as I was hoping to return to work today. :(

Thanks Sam, will do. :)

I feel in very tired and weak the last few days had my opp 12 th may suppose it's quite normal
But on a really good note pre opp weight 21st 9lb weight today 17stone 8lb well happy with that thank you gastrc bypass ??

That's amazing, well done Debbie. Hope you're feeling well soon. xx

Wow well done Debbie x

Having a crap day here, ive got an infection in the 2 wounds above my belly button and 2 the left. It started being painful out of nowhere yesterday and now I cant bend over without yelping in pain. I was awake all night in pain and feeling not right. Went to the doctors and I was in there literally 2 mins he didnt even look at my wounds and just wrote me a script. I picked up my script and when I got home they have given me tablets not liquid form and also given me the gas tablets aswell when I need the one's that dissolves on your tounge so I have to go all the way back out to do it again later and all I wanted to do this afternoon was crawl into bed and rest while my daughter is at nursery and I feel like I haven't stopped all day.

On a more positive not im enjoying eating puree food now and have had mash and gravy, mashed carrot and swede with gravy, cold low fat custard (yum) and a really lovely thai green chicken soup! No problems and stop before I have the feeling of fullness and remembering to not drink at the same time or a little before or after.

Hope all you May lot are doing ok, glad your doing good Sam xx

Sorry to hear you've got an infection Dan, hope it clears up soon. :( I had gravy and mash too at lunch time, it was fab. X

Having to take a trip to the GP today. Surgeon thinks I have a UTI. (I hope it's that). I've had some sharp pains in my kidney, and now if I sit up it feels like it's squashed and hurts, so I have to stand up or lay down. He said he doesn't think it's sleeve related as that is more abdominal pain, not back pain.

Whatever it is, it certainly doesn't feel right. It's not the same as the pain I had when I first came out!

Hope u get it sorted and feel better soon

Hope everything is OK Mel. xx

Hope all is ok Mel

Im still sore but hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon.

Sadly pretty poorly. The pain in my kidney area when I stand or sit is crazy, I can't deal with it I have to lay down. It's the only time the pain stops. I am being looked into by GP, I just hope it is just a UTI. Pain has moved now also toThe front. So not looking good for an easy fix. Fingers crossed it's nothing, and I'll be back up and running soon!

Keeping everything crossed for you Mel. xx

Sadly pretty poorly. The pain in my kidney area when I stand or sit is crazy, I can't deal with it I have to lay down. It's the only time the pain stops. I am being looked into by GP, I just hope it is just a UTI. Pain has moved now also toThe front. So not looking good for an easy fix. Fingers crossed it's nothing, and I'll be back up and running soon!
Take care Mel and I hope you feel better soon, is it kidney stones possibly ? Xx

Sorry to hear you've poorly Mel, sending hugs yr way. Hope you're starting to feel the benefits of yr antibiotics soon Dan x

Hope your on the mend Mel. Thanks Sam, the antibiotics are kicking in now thankfully, just need to stop overdoing things and rest up a little more, been abit to busy these past few days and feeling it.

Hows things going with you Sam? x

I'm ok thanks Dan. Looking forward to moving on to the next stage. Had pureed corn beef hash with gravy and was great. Only two tablespoons but it was fab. No pain really, but probably doing a bit too much at times. Tired today. X
Has anyone heard from Mel?

Back