• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2014 Surgeries

Thanks guys, think I'm probably about right then at the moment. not had any dumping yet, but been avoiding fat and sugar as I don't want to feel crap. No doubt I will make a mistake at some pointing not looking forward to that. You feeling well?

I'm 3 weeks this Wednesday out I'm pretty much on normal food just making sure I chew plenty and really quite surprised how much I can manage my dinner I put on a side plate although I don't fill it or pile it up and I never totally finish it is this normal ? My portions are still way smaller than what they used to be

I have a side plate hubby fills it not poled high though and I eat quarter to half I just dont want to eat so just make the effort as I know I have to

Hi guys, not been too good these past 2 days, just felt sick and had the runs (sorry tmi) dont think it's anything to do with my food as barely eating anything, think it was a bug as my mum was sick too.

In regards to calories I dont know why but it totally didnt cross my mind to count calories! I dont feel im getting enough in though but hoping it will get better when I can eat solids and get more protein.

I have been having about 3 spoons of yogart for breakfast, 3 spoons of soup for lunch and for dinner it's mash and gravy, carrots, turnip, mash and tuna, mash and beans, sheperds pie, cumberland pie and cottage pie. I an do about 4-6 spoons at tea time.

Im getting abit sick of puree food now and to be honest I was naughty today and ate a bite of freshly roasted chicken and my lord it tasted good! I chewed and chewed and it went down fine so im hoping chicken wont give me probs when I move onto solids as I love chicken and it will be one of my main sources of protein.

Ive tried 2 different protein shakes and both of them tasted disgusting so that was abit of a bummer considering im really gonna need a good protein shake to get in all that important protein.

Apart from that all is well, hope everyone else is doing good too xx

Hi Dan, sorry to hear you've had a bug, hope yr feeling bit better today. I have been logging my daily food on myfitnesspal, hoping it will keep me on track. X

Well done to all the Mayers, you are all doing really well, keep up the good work, I will be joining the losers bench in about 5 weeks, so you will all have to budge up ! x

Hi all.

Sorry my input has been shocking! Im so busy with work, I just read... then dont post.

Its so very different for banders too- not much in common with you all! I struggle to not eat- with no restriction life is quite normal, and so is appetite. Then you eat something and realise (too late) you need to slow down, or chew more, and then you remember!

Im down a stone- maybe a little more, which is pretty good in my world. Its a quarter of the way there and I feel like me again. The rest can come off slowly, thats cool. It was the final stone I put on that made me feel like I needed harpooning that brought me down. Now that's gone Im so much happier. Looking forward to the next stone as then I will get some of my lovely wardrobe back in time for the summer I hope.

My first band fill is tomorrow so hopefully I will start to get the restriction I signed up for! :D
Its all good and Im behaving.. for the most part! I am only human without restriction lol... and Im just not getting instant results like bypassers get.. but I will get there, slowly but surely.

Good luck with your first fill, I know people that have lost 10 stone with a band, so all can be achieved.

Best wishes kate

Good luck with your bypass heavenly Katy and good luck with your band fill Juicy Lucy, well done on the weight loss too.

I do have my fitness pal but because im only having about 3 tablespoons I dont really know how many cals that is? How do you work yours out Sam?

I use My Fitness Pal too, but I seem to be able to eat more than you. For lunch I can manage half a tin of soup (200g). I weigh everything. Sometimes I can't eat everything, so I've sometimes changed the amount to 3/4 of the original amount or something.

Table spoon holds about 15g of mash, or work out what quarter of tin of soup is and just log yr cals that way. Half weetabix is about three/four tblspns with a bit of milk, just look up how many cals etc 1 is and half everything. Look up the weights of the food and work it back that way
takes a little bit of time to start but once you have logged it once you can just add it from list next time. x

Hi all (Lucy I replied on the other post sorry if you didn't see it) thanks I'm on a slow recovery just glad to be home even though I still feel rough. Band ok but got abdo infection so may have been a complication from the operation. Can eat fairly normally now and not much more weight loss 24lbs in total since 4th May when I started preop mainly lost in first month. First fill in a couple of weeks so fingers crossed for that. Only plus side about being nil by mouth for three days was it boosted the loss lol! Hope everyone else is doing ok x

I use the NutraCheck app for calorie tracking.

Loads of brand-name and supermarket own-brand foods are loaded, you can scan barcodes, enter exact weights and also track fruit intake, water intake and exercise.

Well what a kick in the face! Put on 2lb this week! Gutted!

Mel I wrote on here yesterday ref weight gain I'm really worried about it when I start eating NORMAL food apparently it quite normal I'm 6 weeks post opp Monday
Don't want to eat now through fear of putting on ?

I'm 6 weeks on Tuesday. I have just started eating solids and am still losing. If anything I have lost a little more?

Mel I'm sure things will even out for you next week. Xx

You can gain as you change foods it will go again I wouldnt worry and you may also have lost inches and not pounds

Hello my lovely May Oppers!

I must confess to being a bit dispondant. I'm 4 weeks out today. My weight loss is not coming off (only lost 1 stone 10lbs since the day before I went in). Haven't lost in over a week. Haven't dropped any dress sizes or lost any inches.

Please tell me I haven't put myself through this (not to mention the cost!) for nothing!

Your body is still recovering and getting used to everything. I started the same last week, but it's dropping off this week. I reckon about 6 lbs so far and I don't get weighed until Tuesday. We're bound to get times when the weight stays the same, especially as we add new things to our diets.

I'm going to find the next 2 weeks really hard. Hubby had gone away diving for 2 weeks. It'll be hard reminding myself to eat. Sounds odd, bit I've put alarms on my phone to remind me about food. I just don't feel hungry.

Back