• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2014 Surgeries

trish418

It's lovely to hear someone having the same experience trish, I was beginning to think that the operation was just a hoax! But your weight loss is amazing so whatever your doing is working just fine :)

Lol I know what your saying about a hoax, i keep checking all my limbs to make sure he didnt do a hip replacement or the like instead of a bypass as 99% of the time I feel like iv had nothing done!!!

Bluegirluk

Morning all, just yo say that following my first band fill last Thursday I finally have restriction :) It is a bit strange to get used to and if I eat just a tad too much get hiccoughs and that tad could be one little spoonful , so I've got some learning to do.
Happy with weight loss now down 36lbs :)

princess4d4

Doing fab there blue keep it going

Banana19

Oh my, taking my OH our for his bday dinner and thought I'd be ok ordering a starter portion of risotto :(

The waiter apologised and said he'd never seen a starter so big!!

image-4161693800.jpg

princess4d4

Oh my I wouldnt call that a starter either

Banana19

Just hope that doesn't happen again with friends that I chose not to tell about surgery just yet!

Has anyone else struggled with eating out and trying to keep surgery quiet?

I would have been the sort to totally clear my plate no matter what size of portion so I know it would be clearly obvious!!xx

terrilou

When we've eaten out, we've just ordered one meal and a side. On Wednesday we had a pizza. I had a slice and 2 chips with a couple of tomato and cucumber slices. Hubby had all the rest. Nobody commented or looked oddly at us. :)

Banana19

I think my OH will be up for doing that but he wanted a steak for his birthday haha! I'm a veggie so had to order something little for me :) I've also warned him that if we are out with friends that I'll be shuffling some food onto his plate so mine doesn't seem so noticeable.

Maybe it's all in my head that people will notice :p

princess4d4

Just tell friends etc you have been ill snd lost appetite maybe

terrilou

I think my OH will be up for doing that but he wanted a steak for his birthday haha! I'm a veggie so had to order something little for me :) I've also warned him that if we are out with friends that I'll be shuffling some food onto his plate so mine doesn't seem so noticeable.

Maybe it's all in my head that people will notice :p

My Hubby was worried about me doing that, we had quite a long discussion about it as he also used to have a weight problem, so we try to work things so I'm not piling his plate up.

poppsicles

Just reading the latest posts just curious about what people have told who sbout their surgery ive only told very close family as obviously i have to due to kids ive told kids im havin my gallbladder out which i am and that im havin my tummy made smaller too i no 2 people that had sleeves done and they openly told lots of people what are peoples thoughts?

terrilou

I haven't shut up about it. I have got so excited about the whole journey. I haven't put it on Facebook or anything as people I went to school with that I haven't seen for over 20 years don't need to know, but everyone at work knows and at fat club. I don't hide it as such from anyone. If people I don't really know ask me how I've lost all the weight, I tell them I'm eating less, which is true. :) if they asked me if I'd had surgery, I would tell them.

princess4d4

I told the world post op I put it on facebook as I was sick of people on there mocking bigger people I just need to see people now who havent seen me since b4 the op to see if they see a change as I dont yet lol

poppsicles

I think for now for me its just close family then if people start asking ill tel them my biggest goal is to join caveman training lol thats my idea of exercise ha x

princess4d4

Well im off walking in new trainers I see blisters in my future lol