• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Message to Myself ... diary to remind me where I have been and where I am going

We are at around the same stage in the process so I follow what you are doing too.

I have my demons too, but my way to cope will be to enjoy myself when out - guilt free. But I dare not try bread - once I do I think I will be on the slippery slope. The good thing is I am scared that it will block the band, so I am not even tempted.

Great thing is that we both have learnt from our holidays. Look forward to our Saturday weigh in next week. Good luck. x

Yep, bread is difficult for me too not only from the doughy angle but the amount of butter I would put on!! I ate some wholemeal toast last week which was a mistake.(in terms of how much I could still eat!) I'm just going to keep off it altogether.
Good luck to you too this week. :wavey: xx

Glad you are back from the USA and with a loss its wonderful. I hope this is what i will be like after the op. Enjoy the food rather than stick down my troat as quickly as possible! and guilt free as long as it is once in a while rather than every other day xxx Keep going ladies xxx

I cannot believe it

Another week gone. 9 weeks after the op and I have lost 4 whole pounds. Met my September target a week early as well as entering the 16s.

I have taken care over what I have eaten but it still surprises me that I can feel full eating half the amount I used to. I do eat plenty (more than a small childs plate-full if I am honest) but its healthy food and I 'think' I stop before I feel restriction or maybe I am just understanding the signals my body is giving me a little bit more. Really backs up what Mazza says about do we feel real hunger or is it head hunger. Over the past few weeks I have even been known to 'not' finish a meal which is a pretty alien concept to me.

Real restriction has kicked in when I have eaten raw apple and raw carrot this week - twice at work I have been so engrossed in what I have been doing that I have munched too quickly and suffered. Embarrassing to have to shoot off to the loos mid conversation. Will try not to make the same mistake again.

Well my next mini goal is to loose another 4 pounds as that will take me to the weight I was (16 stone 8lbs) when I first met my husband almost ten years ago. He is back from USA in 2 weeks time so I would like to surprise him with that weight loss by then. Next mini goal after that is to be in the 15s ... if I could do that by Christmas it'd be fantastic.

Roll on next week - but not before I have enjoyed champagne lunch at Selfridges today in Birmingham followed up by dinner and Evita musical at the theatre with my most supportive mate.... :gimi:

Achieve lowest weight I have been in 10 years - 1/10/11 - tick

So happy. Despite third blip in 3 months, I have lost 4 pounds this week and am now at 16st8lb mini-target a week early. My OH will not know what to do with me when he gets back from States next week. I hope, LOL.

Had 2nd appointment yesterday with dietician/nurse and she was happy with my weight loss and food tracker :) Put another ml in, taking me to 8mls in 14ml band.

Will be satisfied with a 1lb loss next week, or happy with 2lbs. I am aware its probably going to start slowing down but my weight loss now is 43lbs in exactly 3 months, and I am still on track to achieve my personal goal weight of 12st by my surgiversary next July.

woo hoo.

Feeling good as I have felt restriction following my second fill three days ago. Just had breakfast of 3 krackawheet crackers and 2 slices of edam cheese and marmite (225 calories). First breakfast that I have actually felt full, rather than just relying on the calorie counting to loose weight. I know that the restriction will wear off as I lose more weight, but I will really enjoy the feeling while it lasts.

Bring on the week ...

Three pounds lost this week. Feeling pretty good restriction following second fill. Good band food ... krackerwheat crackers working better than anything else at the moment. Really filling. Off to collect Mark from the airport today - I am 13lbs less than when I left him in States 3 weeks ago. Lower than he has ever seen me. I hope he likes the new slimmer version. Treating me with a meal out this evening :)

PS - why do my friends think I am going to loose my great sense of humour just because I am loosing weight????? :confused: Is it that they want to keep me the same fat person that I have always been??

What a treat

WOW. Got to the airport and my OH looked so good. He has lost a stone over the past 5 weeks - just by cutting out the booze (and pining for me LOL).

Well, for the first time ever, he actually now knows my weight (and that was an achievement - being able to admit to him what I weighed) - we both weighed in at home yesterday and were exactly the same.

:love:

?

Stayed the same this week but not going to let it get me down. I weighed myself a couple of days ago and was 2lbs less, so possibly water retention? Band feels really tight at the moment...so I reckon its the effects of PMT or the fact its really stressful at work this week. Anyway, I am going to make sure I remain in control and also drink much more water.

Three pounds lost this week, after STS last week, so I think my theory about water retention was correct. Only two more pounds to get to 16 stone - I just so want to get into the 15s - how good will that feel?! I know my ideal weight should be around 10st however anywhere between 12st and 13st and I would be happy - size 12-14 ... who wouldnt be happy, if that is half the size they were before .... bring it on.

I am due to go for another fill in 2 weeks time, but at the moment i am wondering if I need it. Will wait another week before deciding.

Last edited:
Absolutely agree - you are certainly inspiring me flutterby - I hope to be where you are before too long.

Mable and Futureperfect ... you both seem to be doing really well at the moment anyway from looking at your User Details. Gotta get your head round the fact that the Band is not the whole answer, but it will certainly help. You can choose to be your own best friend or your own worst enemy. The great thing is that you both seem like you have already shown the determination to loose weight, so I am sure you will use your tool well, and you will achieve the success you want. Good luck xxx

Bet you feel like a different person already. I'm in the same spot about another fill..whens yours? Mine is on 31st Oct.x

Mine is due on 7 November but I am not sure whether or not I should delay it. A couple of times in the past week I have PB'd - admittedly because I have got distracted and wolfed my food down too quickly as I was so hungry ... also when I was hormonal last week I felt the band really tightened and am worried if I rush into another fill it may become really uncomfortable when I get hormonal next month. Maybe I will see if I can delay it another couple of weeks...

I know what you mean...i'm much the same. I'm going to see next weekend if its relaxed a bit as that seems to be the case after 2weeks. xx

Delayed my next band fill to 14 November, as I don't really think I need to rush to get it done sooner. All seems to be going OK and I am managing to enjoy my meals, have treats and not go off track due to feeling ravenous.

My scales say I am 2lb down this week - fingers crossed they stay off when I weigh in on Saturday. If they do, I will be 16st. 4st8lb less than a 53 weeks ago when I started at slimming world.

Pleased I delayed my dietician/bandfill appointment to 14th November - as I don't feel I need it yet.

4lbs lost this week - total of 10 over the past 4 weeks which is great. I achieved under 16st this week and I cannot remember when I was last there. I am going to take my measurements today as I do that every month.

Bad habits die hard though - I still eat too quickly at work when I get distracted. Almost choked on my lunch :( Still learning to adjust to the new me, and what my band is telling me ... I will get there though I know.

I love my band

Sooo happy. Lost 2lbs this week, when it should have been a STS week - maybe it will be that next week instead (you know how unpredictable we women can be LOL).

It means I have now lost a massive 57lbs since 1 July when I started my Band Journey. I am over the other side of the hill from where I started - my aim is to loose another 50lbs - taking me to 12st (when I was last there I was a size 12 and that is low enough for me - any less and I start to look boney - and despite wanting to loose weight, I do still love the feeling of having some curves). Its amazing how much better I feel being a size 18 rather than a 24/26 though.

I am now thinking towards Christmas - ordered my turkey, meat and veg from M&S this week. My best xmas present would be to drop 8lbs by then and get to 15st. Maybe not achievable given the fact that my weight loss may well start slowing down - but its worth a shot.

Forgot to say, that my lovely OH went back to States after 4 weeks home, and he had put back on over half of his superb weight loss...that's what drinking alcohol does for you. Oh well, I love him no matter what. Roll on December 10th when he is home again :) :) :)

Four months gone (in 2 days) and third fill today. Another 1ml taking me to 9mls in 14ml band. Dietician happy that I have lost 17lbs in the last 6 weeks - so I am now under the 100kg mark, which is a very nice feeling. Not due now for another fill until mid January - but that suits me fine.

Back