• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Message to Myself ... diary to remind me where I have been and where I am going

Yes, had breakfast and dinner out with 2 glasses of champagne. Mmmmm...think weight loss will slow down again while he is home. I feel OK about it though as I am now under 15st (which was my primary goal). So even if I can manage to stay the same for the next four weeks through till the New Year I will be extremely happy.

Well done on your weight loss this week and getting to your 50lb loss xxxxx

22 weeks post op and 68lbs lost

Feeling good. Still loving my band. Had a great week - 2 lbs lost this week. Had my treats at the weekend but balanced with being sensible too the over five days. Cannot believe a tiny portion of sticky toffee pudding with custard is over 600 calories - and slips down so easily. I now think I prefer savoury foods as the sweet stuff just doesn't feel as good as it used to! Give me a big plate of veg any day

Looking forward to the festive period now work is over until the New Year. Off to spend weekend with family - the ones who don't know about my weight loss or the band (didn't tell them, as they don't agree with WLS). Cannot wait to see their reaction when I walk though the door :) :)

Just calculated I am eating out 7 times over 7 days - hope my band is up to the challenge :devilangel:

Oh and just another thing, being in control has given me confidence and a feeling of self-worth again. Last week I decided to open communication with my father (after 20+ long years) ... will wait to see how that goes ... but so far so good ...

Got a positive reaction :) very happy

Four meals out since saturday. Coping well. Fingers crossed for a STS this week.

Had brown rice this week 2tbsp with peas, tofu and nandos peri peri sauce. Tasty and soooo filling. coped...but took a long while to eat.

Going to have a treat tomorrow ... A day all to myself ... Yeah

christmas day ... and 6 stones down ... no better pressie

Weighed in yesterday for the Saturday weigh-in and had lost 2lbs ... couldnt help but give myself a cheeky weigh in today though. Christmas Day - and have lost another pound - taking me to a total of 6 stones less. 20st8 to 14st8. Husband got a new woman for his Christmas ... hope he enjoys her LOL. Time to relax now and enjoy cooking for the family. I really really love my band :hug99:

Ah that's fab...6stone!!!! Well done you!!!! Xx

Had two days off the wagon - 1/3 tub of celebrations later - getting back on the wagon....I have had enough of all that food (cannot believe I felt ill after the chocs - played real havoc with the sugar levels in my body). Giving the rest of the chocolates, mince pies and christmas deserts to the skinny members of the family to take home with them. If its not in the house, I cannot eat it :)

Had two days off the wagon - 1/3 tub of celebrations later - getting back on the wagon....I have had enough of all that food (cannot believe I felt ill after the chocs - played real havoc with the sugar levels in my body). Giving the rest of the chocolates, mince pies and christmas deserts to the skinny members of the family to take home with them. If its not in the house, I cannot eat it :)

congratulations on what you have got rid of weight wise! I dont like saying 'lost' anymore as is sounds like something that might come back! I shall also be ridding the house of this stuff, I've got a New Yrs Day meal to get through, a company 2 day conference which I will have to wing as I start my pre-op Cambidge Plan on the 3rd Jan!

:)

Anyway - well done you ;)

flutterby1966 said:

I've resorted to getting rid too...enoughs enough and I need it gone from under my nose :)

@Jo - Last year I would rather have eaten the left overs than throw them away. so I feel I have turned a small corner. I have eaten healthily again today and feel so much better in myself...and I will get my less bulky butt into my new jeans tomorrow. I would never have gone out and bought myself size 16, but my husband had faith in me bless him :) How has your Christmas been?

@NoMoreYoYo - I will remember to say got rid off rather than lost in future - I definitely don't want those pesky pounds back!! Good luck on your pre-op diet.

Well after my Xmas parties and relaxin on Xmas eve, Xmas day I weighed 2lb heavier. Hadn't ate masses guessing more the alcohol. So nose is getting back to grindstone. had a couple of regurgitations in last couple of days so pouch not too happy at what I've done!!! xx

Not sure if I truly deserve it, however I am pleased that I have lost 2lbs this week. One at my sneaky Christmas day weigh in last Sunday and another one over the remainder of the week. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY. I have not eaten to the same excesses as I would have done pre-band op - however I have definitely eaten far more than I should have done to justify the 2lbs loss - so it is likely that next week I will have a STS week. I have had 3 days when the calorie counting has flown out of the window totally - and I have relied on my mind to kick in and tell me when I have had enough to eat, because my band hasn't done. I do need my next fill now as I really think I could eat a horse at the moment (albeit maybe a small one).

Off to a 'big top' fancy dress party for New Years eve tonight and I am looking forward for the first time to trying on outfits - I would have been embarrassed to have ever done it before because would the fancy dress shop have catered for my ample size - I really fancy something a little risquee (or is that wrong??!!) :8855:

flutterby1966 said:
Not sure if I truly deserve it, however I am pleased that I have lost 2lbs this week. One at my sneaky Christmas day weigh in last Sunday and another one over the remainder of the week. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY. I have not eaten to the same excesses as I would have done pre-band op - however I have definitely eaten far more than I should have done to justify the 2lbs loss - so it is likely that next week I will have a STS week. I have had 3 days when the calorie counting has flown out of the window totally - and I have relied on my mind to kick in and tell me when I have had enough to eat, because my band hasn't done. I do need my next fill now as I really think I could eat a horse at the moment (albeit maybe a small one).

Off to a 'big top' fancy dress party for New Years eve tonight and I am looking forward for the first time to trying on outfits - I would have been embarrassed to have ever done it before because would the fancy dress shop have catered for my ample size - I really fancy something a little risquee (or is that wrong??!!) :8855:

Well done you that's fantastic!!!! I've STS this week....not bad considering I'd gone up 2.5lb by Monday...at least I've got that off! x

It will come off next week when mine doesn't. I think its not bad at all to have stayed the same over xmas xxx

Blasted quorn sausage ... I almost choked to death on one last night. But I am still here :) Thought I had lost a lot of restriction, but that sausage just goes to prove I do have the restriction. The success of a banders weight loss, is definitely soooo down to making the right food choices.

Feeling positive about this weeks weigh in tomorrow. Have enjoyed my salads, veg and band-friendly food this week, more than the chocolates and mince pies from the previous 2 weeks. Hope to lose at least one pound, to keep me on track to get to 14st by 14 Feb for valentines day

You will do it fluterby, I have every faith in you xxx

Thanks Mis - we Banders will all do it together!!

My band is playing up at moment. Struggled to eat chicken skewer tonight. Maybe I am hormonal ... problem is, nowadays, I don't know when I am :confused: Well, this makes up for being able to demolish the contents of the chocolate tin last week :bliss:

Please don't talk about chocolate!! I've not broke the addiction from Xmas yet! Good all day then hits 7pm and out comes the cocoa bean monster :( grrr! X

Chop the head off that monster ... it is really hard isnt it!

We have lots of boxes and tins of choccies and cakes brought into work from customers and they are all sat just behind me all day long. I am fine so long as the box isnt open ... but if it is, I do give in. I dont think I have ever been able to have 'just the one' - my head is not in that place yet. Not sure if it will ever be.

One thing I never do now however is buy those treats for myself. I used to be terrible. As I drive a lot with work, I would fill my car up with fuel two or three times a week and each time buy a family size pack of chocolates (and if they were on BOGOF or buy on get the other half price...I would do). Then I would be easily able to eat the two packets in my hour or so long journey home. Just cutting that out has probably helped my weight loss.

wk-25 post op

1 lb lost this week - so now at 202lbs. Would really like to lose 2lbs next week to get to 200lbs. Have my dietician and band fill appointment next Saturday 14 Jan on my 6 month surgiversary.

Gonna play with my new pasta machine later today and make myself some meals up to have with salad for my lunches at work. YUM. So pleased small amounts of pasta dont play havoc with my band :D

Back