• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Message to Myself ... diary to remind me where I have been and where I am going

When I went to the States in September I did have 7mls in my band and I was absolutely fine without having any removed. You are right though Jo, with 9.5ms in now, need to consider a slight defill (or at least no more fills) before I look to fly in May. Nurse / Dietician said they will decide when I go back in March...suppose it depends on how much more of the excess weight I can lose my then. No point risking things though.

Get your money's worth now and defill at last minute...alot can happen between now n may! will you have hit your target by then?

Just worked mine out..at 2lb a week it will be mid June to get 3st off..roll on summer..!

Hopefully will have managed to get to under 13st in the next 4 months and that is going to mean I am a size 14 approx - 12st is the lower end of where I want to be ... I used to be just under 10st (20 odd years ago) and I looked anorexic. Horrible. So I reckon by May I will not be far off my ideal weight. I know the hospital do unlimited band fills, I wonder if they would include unlimited aspirations too - may as well ask the question.

Annual Review went OK :) Good luck next week for yours Jo

I track my weight loss progress on sparkpeople rather than myfitnesspall - and according to that I am ahead of my target of getting from 20st 8lbs to 12st by my 1 yr surgiversary in July.

Watch out for our slinky new bodies in the Summer :cool:

I like calculating it, if I loose two pounds a week I should be at goal by my boyfriend bday 18th July ..... it seems a dream still rather than it is actually doable

Mis, it is definitely do-able. We will get there :)

wk-27 post op

WOWWW want to shout it from the rooftop. 5lbs gone for me this week. Takes me to 14st which was my valentines Goal. I round my weight up to the nearest pound when weighing in ... so I did see a no. 13 on the scales :D Now I am into the next stone, I will take my measurements and see how many inches I have lost.

Only 5lbs to go, and then I will be officially 'overweight' rather than 'obese' ... so that is my next target ... to get to 13st 9lbs...bring it on

Only another 9 days and I should have news on whether or not our American visa has been approved - fingers crossed.

And one final thing, was reading on a thread what restriction feels like to other banders. Tight feeling around boob area. Its not like that at all for me Strange, how we are all so different. Never felt anything in that area. For me, its not painful but a feeling of fullness in my throat, like when you have a swollen throat and cannot eat anything. Dont PB very often at all, as I rely on myself to eat the right foods and to stop eating before I get to that stage of over-fullness. Only times I have been ill are when I have eaten too quickly without chewing properly (raw carrots or apple); when I have eaten bread/tuna which my band cannot cope with; or when I have got really really stressed, and my band has felt much tighter.

Anyway signing off now, roll off the next 5lbs:massmoon:

Fingers cross for the visa and so very well done on your 5 pounds this week xxx

Thanks lovely ladies. Mel, enjoy your holiday and come back invigorated. Mis, u can do it! I still count calories to help me. But am psyching myself up to stop that once I get to thirteen stones. And gonna rely on what I have learnt with the band as back-up to get me to my goal of twelve stones. Have great week

How did u get on on thursday? Good I hope :)

flutterby1966 said:
How did u get on on thursday? Good I hope :)

STS :(

Not sure why, hardly ate anything yet the week before I ate loads albeit healthy foods and lost 4lbs. Going to try and do some more exercise this week. Had a bit of an incident with breakfast this morning as was having a ww sausage and took too big a bite and was stuck for ages. Really need to watch my bite sizes but was nattering and forgot to pay attention.

Maybe you didn't eat enough? Or maybe the loss will follow next week instead ...I know sometimes the more healthy food I eat, the better the weight loss is. Personally I think my good loss this week was partially to do with the fill, but mostly the fact that I didnt lose much the week before due to water retention.

Think of your progress in a different way ... over past two weeks its an average of two pounds per week, and that is fantastic! Our bands are strange aren't they, i ate a tiny bit of raw carrot for lunch yesterday, and it blocked my band for ages. Today I managed to eat a whole plateful of salad ham and egg including carrots and it went down no problem. Hope you are feeling better after your sausage problem now.

Have a good week, and if you fancy meeting up for a coffee one lunchtime, message me :)

Could be that I didn't eat enough :(

I really need to step up with my drinking water, hardly drink anything throughout the day, just a couple of coffees so I'm sure that doesn't help. Been on the stepper quite a lot this week so hoping for a couple of pounds this week. Was a bit upset on Thursday, had a bit of a cry but seem to be back on track.

Good luck ... bet it will help to increase the fluids as well as monitoring how much you are eating and exercising. I know when I don't eat or drink enough, the weight loss slows down. Fingers crossed for Thursday

wk-28 post op

Fact - I am not perfect.

Yesterday, for some reason, was not a good day food choice wise. No idea why, but I feel like cr@p. Started when I ate my lunch too quickly as I was distracted on a phone call at work and forgot to chew enough. Crackers and cheese returned...then my day went down hill from there. Oh well, it was one afternoon/evening. I dont like feeling so sick, so I will not be going there again for a while.

I am (or was) an emotional over-eater so I am actually quite satisfied its only been a wee blip in the scheme of things. I have still lost two pounds according to the scales overall this week; but I am realistic and the big chocolate rocky road cake thingy and biscuits overeating yesterday may slow down my loss next week. Knocking down a large wall at home today - lots of moving / bending / carrying of breeze blocks - so the workout may help.

Also had an interview yesterday for a project to work on when I (fingers crossed) move to the states with my OH. There is a lot riding on the visa application decision we are due to receive next week.

Will update in the week :fingerscrossed:

Journey Into The Unknown ?

Decided, I am going to have a week off counting the calories and rely on the band to help me a little more. Gonna keep off the forum too for a week.

I want to stop obsessing about what I am eating and what others are doing just for a little while. Give myself a chance to see how far I have come in the past 7 months. Not worried about losing weight next week, if I can stay the same I will be happy :)

Hope everyone else has a great week and I will catch everyone next weekend x :eek:

Back