• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Message to Myself ... diary to remind me where I have been and where I am going

flutterby1966 said:
Chop the head off that monster ... it is really hard isnt it!

We have lots of boxes and tins of choccies and cakes brought into work from customers and they are all sat just behind me all day long. I am fine so long as the box isnt open ... but if it is, I do give in. I dont think I have ever been able to have 'just the one' - my head is not in that place yet. Not sure if it will ever be.

One thing I never do now however is buy those treats for myself. I used to be terrible. As I drive a lot with work, I would fill my car up with fuel two or three times a week and each time buy a family size pack of chocolates (and if they were on BOGOF or buy on get the other half price...I would do). Then I would be easily able to eat the two packets in my hour or so long journey home. Just cutting that out has probably helped my weight loss.

I'm same, I won't buy it in but still got bits lurking at home. Made me laugh....wasn't just me that the petrol stations would make a profit from then......the times I've not needed an evening meal because of feeling sick from grab bags of crisps n chocs. Lethal. At least now I've seen the light...just need to kick this one small bar a day habit.....only having around 130 cals worth a day but it's wrong and got to stop!

I'm gunning for 2lb this week to take me to 3st 7...come on..first one past the post :) x

One small bar a day doesn't sound too bad to me ... if you are enjoying it, and still managing to lose weight. See you at the winners post next Saturday

Stuffed

Breakfast was 4 melba toasts, 3/4 oz of smelly but wonderfully tasting stilton, 1 small apple. Followed by a long walk with the three pooches and OH this morning.

My treat was to have lunch cooked for me by my friend.

Massive lunch (well, probably not massive in comparison to my pre-op Sunday lunch though) - glass of rose wine; slice of pork and a bit of crackling (yes really); 1 small roast potato (never had a single roastie since I ate 20, yes 20, when I was a school girl) cooked in goose fat; cauliflower cheese; carrots, peas and a tiny amount of gravy followed by small portion of plum clafoutis and extra creamy custard.

So you see, we Banders do not need to go without, or feel guilt if we have those little extras from time to time. We just need to eat less and enjoy every mouthful of what we do (slowly) eat.

Having home made spicey vegetable and lentil soup for supper - I know this is a slider food, but I have to compensate for my large lunch.

All in all, I have just finished calculating the calories and it adds up to under 1500 for the day ... so I have not gone off track at all ... and i have not been a diet bore :D

Roll on the week - busy trying to pull together a 'To Do' list for our proposed moved to USA in May. So much to do, only 135 days to go :airplane:

Is that the best way to get out of banking lol?! Xx

flutterby1966 said:
Roll on the week - busy trying to pull together a 'To Do' list for our proposed moved to USA in May. So much to do, only 135 days to go :airplane:

Where in the USA are you moving to?

wk-26 post op

1 pound lost this week ... the 200lb mark is now within reach. Perhaps next week :cross:

Have my dietician appointment and fourth fill (possibly) today. Feel I need a fill, but just a small one, as I am closer to my goal and quite happy eating the levels that i am eating, would just like that feeling of satisfaction to last longer than the 1 1/2 to 2 hrs it is at the moment...cos I have started snacking more (albeit most of the time, healthily). Let's see what the experts say this afternoon.

Oh, and I am going to cut back on the amount of fruit I am eating, have been getting stomach ache. Eating so much, seems to create IBS. Bring on the veg instead which don't seem to create the same problems.

Following last weeks post, my home-made egg pasta was so easy to make and tastes really delicious. Sure I will have to lay off it for a week or so if I have my fill, but after that I will be hitting the chicken, stir-fry veg and noodles with a vengance. Diet, what diet ????

Ah ah well done on the loss and at what time is dinner, live stir fry :)

Is it awful, my enjoyment still comes so much from nice food? Does yours? Will we ever get the to point when we eat purely because we need to? I don't think I will ...

flutterby1966 said:
Is it awful, my enjoyment still comes so much from nice food? Does yours? Will we ever get the to point when we eat purely because we need to? I don't think I will ...

I still love food, the affair need not be over. Mutual respect needs to be developed and when you get to your own goal you actually have a better and more enjoyable time eating the things you like. The cravings go and it does become fuel!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

0.5mls added taking me up to 9.5mls in 14ml band ... think I am almost there now. The worst bit now is going back onto liquids then sloppy food. Oh well, its the same for all of us Banders - I will get over it :rolleyes:

Six Month Surgiversary

Its Monday 16 Jan, six months since my op and I weighed in this morning. Another 2lbs down since Saturday (embrace the liquid diet, post band-fill :D together with a lovely long dog walk) but I am not going to update my profile until my proper Saturday weigh in. The fantastic, motivating thing for me is that I am now under the 200lb mark (a massive psychological breakthrough) ... if I could manage a somersault, I would. At least I can blame my old bones not my weight now!!

Got my annual review with my boss today ... so lets see how he thinks I have got on during the year. Times are hard in Banking so I am sure I will just be very lucky to still have a job. I will hopefully also be able to formalise details for a career break so I can join my OH in USA. Counting the days....May 2012 :fingerscrossed: which is another reason why I need to get to my goal in a decent timescale, so I can avoid having to pay for fills in States. If I am lucky enough to manage to join OH, the intention is that I will work part-time, so there will be alot less pennies available. Having said that, I should then have more time to join a gym and start to tone up. I am really inspired by reading peoples posts re the exercise they are doing and I am gonna join them.

Anyway enough rambling. Lunches for today already made, gotta get ready for work (and to make the OH a cuppa to wake him up - lucky devil, he's ever done that for me) ...

flutterby1966 said:
Its Monday 16 Jan, six months since my op and I weighed in this morning. Another 2lbs down since Saturday (embrace the liquid diet, post band-fill :D together with a lovely long dog walk) but I am not going to update my profile until my proper Saturday weigh in. The fantastic, motivating thing for me is that I am now under the 200lb mark (a massive psychological breakthrough) ... if I could manage a somersault, I would. At least I can blame my old bones not my weight now!!

Got my annual review with my boss today ... so lets see how he thinks I have got on during the year. Times are hard in Banking so I am sure I will just be very lucky to still have a job. I will hopefully also be able to formalise details for a career break so I can join my OH in USA. Counting the days....May 2012 :fingerscrossed: which is another reason why I need to get to my goal in a decent timescale, so I can avoid having to pay for fills in States. If I am lucky enough to manage to join OH, the intention is that I will work part-time, so there will be alot less pennies available. Having said that, I should then have more time to join a gym and start to tone up. I am really inspired by reading peoples posts re the exercise they are doing and I am gonna join them.

Anyway enough rambling. Lunches for today already made, gotta get ready for work (and to make the OH a cuppa to wake him up - lucky devil, he's ever done that for me) ...

Aw you doing so well I bet your feeling so much better keep going hun well done xxx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

The Power of the Fill

@ Cicca - thank you for your wise words @)
@ Melani - under 200lbs feels sooo good. If I were to stick at this weight it wouldnt feel like the end of the world for me.
@ Chopster - hope your week is going well and you are sticking to the good band foods. I know it will work for you, if you do!!!

I am now back on normal foods after the fill on Saturday. The Band doesn't feel overtight but the restriction is there ... whoever would have thought that I would have that full feeling after 2 ryvitas and peanut butter. Gonna make the most of the next couple of weeks till the feeling subsides and hopefully I will get to 14sts or less, which is my Valentines Goal.

flutterby1966 said:

Well done hun and hope review went well...mine next Monday lol. Something I've just thought of....I bet when you go to states you will need to defill band for flight? And then get topped back up when there, won't you????? x

Well done FB... I've only just had my first fill so your diary makes a great read for me to know what's to come. Xxx

Back