• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Bypass story .... I'm getting married !!!!

well missy im so pleased for you hun, im sorry i couldnt be there for you as i would have liked, i hope all goes well for you and keep off those scales ok xxx

well missy im so pleased for you hun, im sorry i couldnt be there for you as i would have liked, i hope all goes well for you and keep off those scales ok xxx

I am doing boss I promise xxx

Great read Nic! Yes it was Terry who got you the chair, he has his uses!

Great read Nic! Yes it was Terry who got you the chair, he has his uses!

Aaah tell him thanks Shell bless him he's a good un xx

Hey Nic!!!

Your story is a really good read... hey, aren't those Flowtron's fantastic?!!! Mine were a lovely orange and white :D

Sorry to hear that you became anaemic - lots of liquidised spinach will help with that... yum yum yum, eh?!!! ;)

Take care and I hope you continue to rest up and do really well...

x

PS I am also going to try and stay away from the scales until August!!! So far some clothes are already a bit lose, so I am going to go by that :)

Hey Nic!!!

Your story is a really good read... hey, aren't those Flowtron's fantastic?!!! Mine were a lovely orange and white :D

Sorry to hear that you became anaemic - lots of liquidised spinach will help with that... yum yum yum, eh?!!! ;)

Take care and I hope you continue to rest up and do really well...

x

PS I am also going to try and stay away from the scales until August!!! So far some clothes are already a bit lose, so I am going to go by that :)

Hey Ollie

Thanks hun and it's good to hear from you, hopefully get the appointment through for the end of August just before my birthday (and Shell's, we both have same birthday but I'm much older lol). That will be a nice present eh!

Just got to carry on with the iron tablets and that should sort me out xxx

I feel pants today, sicky and can't be bothered, hopefully just cos of the heat, hope everyone else is ok xxx

Nic what type of iron tablets did the doc give you? I got mine from the letter the nurse gave me, but they are sugar coated!

Awwww, sorry you're feeling a bit crap today *hugs*

What I have is a little spritzer bottle filled with cold water - I got it in Superdrug for about 90p, and it's brill!!! It's near the travel mini's.

In India, when it hit 45oC+ during the summer (1999 was 52oC!!!) I used to find it hard to sleep, so I would have a shower and lie down sopping wet under the fan (when the electric worked - the substation would overheat and they had to turn the power off all the time!!!)

I find it works here... even if there is little to no breeze, the cool water is lush and really helps the body to utilise it's own cooling system... evaporation!!!

Hope you feel better soon, baba

x

hopefully get the appointment through for the end of August just before my birthday (and Shell's, we both have same birthday but I'm much older lol). That will be a nice present eh!

That would be fab if you were both on the same day!!! :D

Hey hun

Feeling better today although having to go back to nurse again this afternoon as one of wounds is infected.

Got one of those fans too so that was keeping me cooler yesterday and we went out for a ride to Blackpool and Thornton last night so there was a nice breeze. Then we drove through to Fleetwood where Mum and Dad had Fish, Chips and mushy peas lol whilst I sat there with my bottle of juice!! They smelt so good too but wasn't tempted.

How's things with you? xx

hi nic

just read your thread and found it really informative, i've got my op 2wks on fri, and have just told my 11year old daughter im having it done, she was a bit upset, but laughed when i told her i'd be nicking her clothes in a few months lol. i have told her she will be able to come to the hosp to see me, but after reading your diary wonder whether it will scare her too much, dont want her to see me looking too rough, i'm having it done fri morning and thought she would be able to come fri evening, what do you think?

Hi Helen,

Sorry to jump on your thread nic...

I would say the Saturday would be better if possible, I was pretty out of it on the day of the op right through till late evening. My son, who is 7, came to see me the next day and it was fine. By then the only attachment I had was the drip so much easier for him to deal with.

HTH

Shel

Hi Helen

I had my op done on the 15 May, I have an 8yr old and he was upset with me having op but i talked with him, and reassured him heaps...... it depends on you completely, I was a bit concerened about him coming to see me, and had orginally said to come on the Friday night, but i knew he would worry and so hubby brought him up on the Thursday so he could see I was fine and have a kiss and small hug...... you will know what is best and everyone is different I personally found it helped him to see I was ok!!!!!!!!!!

The nurses were fantastic as well, and explained any questions he wanted to know they answered!!!!!!!!!!

Hope that helps! if you want to email me you can on [email protected]

Hey hun

Feeling better today although having to go back to nurse again this afternoon as one of wounds is infected.

Then we drove through to Fleetwood where Mum and Dad had Fish, Chips and mushy peas lol whilst I sat there with my bottle of juice!! They smelt so good too but wasn't tempted.

How's things with you? xx

I'm good, thanks baba :)

Sorry to hear one of your wounds is infected - hope it's clearing up ok.

Isn't it weird how foods that would have made us salivate don't really bother us anymore?! Mum had a plate of Butternut Squash korma today and although I could smell it and 'appreciate' the smell, I was happy to sit there and wasn't bothered by it... :D

However, I'm sure once I start to eat solids, that might change!!! :rolleyes: :p

Take it easy and I hope you start to heal up soon.

x

Hi Nic,
Sorry to hear that the wound's infected. I hope they get it sorted soon for you.
I know what you mean about not wanting to eat naughty foods. Now, I have the odd bite of what I fancy if it's soft enough, but that's enough, so eight weeks down the line and it's still good. There's no way that I could have a major binge now anyway as i still feel full and get full fast.

Hi Helen,

Sorry to jump on your thread nic...

I would say the Saturday would be better if possible, I was pretty out of it on the day of the op right through till late evening. My son, who is 7, came to see me the next day and it was fine. By then the only attachment I had was the drip so much easier for him to deal with.

HTH

Shel

Thanks shel, will prob wait till nearer the time to make a decision, shes a bit of a mitherer, and will drive my mum mad so will prob be better to come and see me asap, if only for mums sanity - nic, hope your feeling abit better, am sure the wound will soon be feeling better xx

Back