• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey starts here..

Hi Banderbird.Ive just spent the last hour reading your diary and it was brilliant.I had my band 4 weeks tomorrow and just about getting my head around it all .Ive not had any problems eating anything yet..I had mine with the spire group and have been allowed soft foods for the past week.im on normal foods this week but did have a small English breakfast this morning and it went down lovely.Im having my first fill at the end of May due to a holiday mid May.Could have had it before but didn't want any problems on holiday.I was exactly same BMI as you to start .The loss seems slow compared to the bypassers but I'm glad it's slowly coming off.Keep up the good work.Ps all the other binders seem to be doing really well to.Im keeping my fingers crossed I can keep up the tradition x

Thanks Daisy dog. It sounds like you're doing just fine, and I hope the band works for you, I'm sure it will!

Good luck with your continued recovery and for your first fill x

ps, I love your consultant's name. Bart Decat sounds like a cartoon character!!

Hi bander...well done.amazingxxx

Hmm, I really feel my band has got tighter in the last couple of weeks, and the restriction is much more noticeable.

Has anyone else had this?

I thought it was because I've been a bit rough with a heavy cold, but I've noticed some of the bypassers saying the same thing, and putting it down to the warmer weather.

Could that be the same thing for banders? It's really quite noticeable.

I've eaten a Sainsburys Basics chicken curry (amazingly yummy and small portion btw) tonight which is normally fine but I've been sliming and puking my way through it!!

Anyway, hopefully it will settle down.

Weird, isn't it? I'm down to 5.5ml in my band, would normally be STARVING but at the mo I'm genuinely not feeling hungry. This is exactly my ideal of how the band can work - I can eat anything but my hunger has gone.
Sadly I'm pretty sure it won't last and the band will loosen any day now. Sigh.

Now if only I wasn't puffy as a blowfish the weight might start moving again lol x

Oooh, glad it's not just me!

Well that's good news for you, I feel the same with no hunger.

Hope it lasts a bit longer for you until you can have a few more fills x

I'm not going to have a fill for as long as the hunger stays away to be honest. All I want from the band is that, I don't need it to restrict portions and I really don't want it to restrict the foods I can eat. I'll put up with both those restrictions to get the satiety the band gives, but if I don't need to that's a massive win!
SadlyI'm assuming it's a temporary thing and will vanish suddenly along with my water retention. I'm enjoying it while it lasts (the not being hungry, not the water retention - weird if I enjoyed that!).
x

Fingers crossed guys! My band tightened a lot around conception! Maybe you've got some crazy hormones going on x

Had to have another hole made in my belt today, yay!

I also threw out most of my biggest clothes, including a couple of size 18 tops. The Hampshire and IOW air ambulance is welcome to them.

I even chucked out three very good pairs of winter boots because I never wear them. I'd rather someone else got some use out of them. One was a pair of Caterpillars which cost me £90! I donated a pair of massive killer heels too that I don't wear anymore, haha.

I like spring clear-outs.

Wow it's been ages since I updated this, mostly because I've had nothing to report!

I had a fill today, my first since January. My band has really been quite loose and I've been eating almost normally. This has meant my weight loss has stalled at 2 stone for many weeks! I've not put any on which is good, but losing is the aim!

She added 0.5ml, taking me to 6.8ml in a 10ml band.

Boy does it feel tight now, even the smoothie I'm drinking is gurgling away. She said if it's too tight I can have a defill next week. We shall see.

Anyway, fingers crossed the weight starts to shift again.

Going back to liquids/mush should help me kick start.

Thanks ladies.

Well I'm booked for a defill tomorrow morning, yes already!

I've been struggling to get liquids down all day and throwing up a lot. Not fun. Will get 0.3 taken out I think and see how I feel.

This is horrible!! I do not recommend over-restriction. I can't even get a cup of tea down me.

TINY sips are all I can manage.

Back