• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey starts here..

Had the whole 0.5ml taken out!

Feel MUCH better.

I will go back in a couple of weeks and have a tiny fill, but at least I know 0.5ml is too much!

Looking forward to eating something now :)

The first time I had a defill I was throwing up water and lemon tea! 1ml out, hunky dory. Bands really are fickle things, but I still love mine:)

I reckon an extra 0.2ml is all I need, but I'll leave it for a couple of weeks. I feel like a pin cushion!

A 0.5ml fill, then 0.25ml out, then the other 0.25ml out shortly afterwards lol

OK after my over-restriction issues, I've had a dietician chat and I'm booked in for another fill next Thurs.

I do need it, I'm eating all sorts of rubbish because I can!

There was a huge cake in work today and I ate loads of it :(

I'm ashamed to say I'm enjoying the lack of foaming and PBing and being able to eat normal mouthfuls. However I know this is a slippery slope, and it's also a reminder of just how effective the band is.

Lesson learned though, tiny fill this time.

Right, fill all done - just had 0.2ml put in, but what a horrible experience it was!

The nurse stuck the needle in the wrong place, and it was VERY painful. She was wiggling it around, then jabbed me a second time and still couldn't access my port properly. I actually had to tell her it hurt, it was very unpleasant.

Finally she got the needle in the right place and got the fill done. The third time she did it straight away which proves it was her, not the port. I hope she hasn't done any damage.

Honestly, if that had happened on my first fill I wouldn't have wanted to go back! I've never had a fill experience like that before and wouldn't want it again.

Anyway all done, and have spent the day on liquids (oh hi Yop and soup). My port has felt pretty sore and battered all day. I never want that nurse again!

Fingers crossed this time it's just right.

Last edited:
Thanks hun. The fill doesn't seem to have made much difference, I wonder if she even did it!

Anyway, we shall see. I'd rather have it as it is now than over-restricted.

Yeah, having properly experienced it, it was horrible.

I think the fill did work. It's taken the edge off my returning hunger, and it's taking me longer to eat things again.

However, it's fine. I can still eat everything so that's good!

I'm back to not being hungry in the mornings, yay.

Oh wow u had a slight fill... Brilliant.

Gosh your fill sounds like a traumatic experience .... How u feeling now ?

Xxx

All fine now thanks hun! I think the weight is starting to come off again which is good.

You've done AMAZINGLY well, I hope you're proud of yourself x

Band seems to have tightened up this week for some reason.

I've been eating as usual .. then suddenly needing to throw up.

Even mushy stuff is quite hard to eat at the moment.

I will just take it easy and hopefully it will ease off a little.

I also think maybe I'm eating a bit too quickly. It's so tough to go slowly when you're hungry, even a year on!

Oh no! That's odd. That's how I get under extreme stress .... Take care and take it easy like u said xxx

Back