• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!
Glad to hear everything went well and that you're recovering well! My recovery seems to be quite slow, I've been in a lot of pain and am still in hospital. Hopefully it will turn soon though!

Glad to hear everything went well and that you're recovering well! My recovery seems to be quite slow, I've been in a lot of pain and am still in hospital. Hopefully it will turn soon though!

Bless you wishing you a speedy recovery! I know by the sound of it I have been very lucky... when I spoke to the surgeon the day after I was like are you sure you did the procedure! Xxxx

Home Time..... I'm so excited to be going home! Strawberry smoothie for breakfast and I'm dressed and ready to leave for 11am! I can't believe it! Thanks to everyone for the ongoing support! I am so lucky that I have an amazing friend that has supported me from the start of my journey, as she had banding last year and really without her courage, strength and reassurance I don't think I could of done it! So thank you!! You know who you are!! Xxxxx

Wow you're going home before me! I'm so sick of this hospital bed, i want to leave too...

Don't be silly, no need to feel bad - I'm glad things are going so smoothly for you. Looks like I'll be stuck here till Monday

Feeling better than yesterday but still having a hard time getting out of bed, and my blood count is very low, which adds to the exhaustion. They're also yelling at me for not drinking enough. Biggest obstacle at the moment for getting discharged is however the Clexane injections, i still haven't been able to do them myself. Feel like such a wimp...

bless you! Yes drinking is the key... I was very worried about that but slow sips was the key constantly. Have they let you have anything but water yet?? I didn't have to do the Clexane injections myself , they did it for me. I hope you have lots of support around you!! Xxx

Carbie .. do you have to do any injections at all ? Blood thinners etc ?
How does your new stomach feel ? Any noises , pain ? how does it feel when you drink any pain there at all ?
Sorry so many questions ...
xxxx

Carbie .. do you have to do any injections at all ? Blood thinners etc ?
How does your new stomach feel ? Any noises , pain ? how does it feel when you drink any pain there at all ?
Sorry so many questions ...
xxxx

I had one injection in the morning .... clexane to stop any clots. But my bloods were very good as was my blood pressure. They really weren't worried about me and left me to my own devices .... even to the point of taking my own air booties off.
Yesterday my tummy was very tender as I still had the drain in but as soon as that was removed last night, it was so much better and I was a lot more mobile and picking up the pace, when I was doing a 400m stint around the hospital (which I did once a hour). So last night I slept so much better no drain and no drips!

Today my tummy feels fine, only time it aches is when I cough (which is still mucusie) .. I have hardly used pain relief as I don't need it but they have sent me home with chewable capol if needed. I also have a antacid tablet to take every morning. I woke up showered and was dressed by 8 did my lap around the hospital at a lot faster pace! I also surprised my dad and partner by meeting them at the lift when they arrived and they could not believe how well I look! Which everyone keeps commenting about! Which makes me feel great but makes me think that I haven't had anything done!! I can't not believe how fine I feel! Early days I know.
I'm off to Asda in a min to get tinned fruit and fresh to make my morning smoothies and that way I keep mobile too. I have been adviced to walk a mile a day in the first week. All and all feeling positive and excited to start seeing some changes.

Oo as for noises little bit occasionally in the tummy but the most coming from my bottom hahahhaha which is the first day I have passed wind that way .... it has only been burps until now.

Xxxx

The policies seem to differ quite a lot from hospital to hospital - i have to have clexane injections twice a day for the next four weeks.

Can't believe how well you're doing - i can barely make it ten yards to the nurses station without feeling and looking like I'm about to faint! And i walk hunched with a pillow tightly pressed against my stomach.

Glad you are doing so well @Carby2barbie but don't overdo it, you have massive amounts of healing going on inside. Everyone is different but I didn't go out/walk around block for a few weeks.

@countrywench, no injections for me, just stockings for 2 weeks. Pain was more discomfort than pain once drain was out, I used a "v" shaped pillow which really helped in bed - gravity pulling inside and causing pain when trying to turn over/ lie on side was minimised propping me up/supporting my stomach with the v pillow and other pillows. The key to drinking after the op is small sips constantly, I didn't have pain but it did feel weird.

I had one injection in the morning .... clexane to stop any clots. But my bloods were very good as was my blood pressure. They really weren't worried about me and left me to my own devices .... even to the point of taking my own air booties off.
Yesterday my tummy was very tender as I still had the drain in but as soon as that was removed last night, it was so much better and I was a lot more mobile and picking up the pace, when I was doing a 400m stint around the hospital (which I did once a hour). So last night I slept so much better no drain and no drips!

Today my tummy feels fine, only time it aches is when I cough (which is still mucusie) .. I have hardly used pain relief as I don't need it but they have sent me home with chewable capol if needed. I also have a antacid tablet to take every morning. I woke up showered and was dressed by 8 did my lap around the hospital at a lot faster pace! I also surprised my dad and partner by meeting them at the lift when they arrived and they could not believe how well I look! Which everyone keeps commenting about! Which makes me feel great but makes me think that I haven't had anything done!! I can't not believe how fine I feel! Early days I know.
I'm off to Asda in a min to get tinned fruit and fresh to make my morning smoothies and that way I keep mobile too. I have been adviced to walk a mile a day in the first week. All and all feeling positive and excited to start seeing some changes.

Oo as for noises little bit occasionally in the tummy but the most coming from my bottom hahahhaha which is the first day I have passed wind that way .... it has only been burps until now.

Xxxx
Glad to hear you're doing so well, it's so weird how protocol differs from place to place, I'm on the injections for 2 weeks after coming home and the stockings as well, but told don't overdo the walking for the first few weeks (wouldn't have the energy any way lol) xxx

How are you @Mother K ??
I know it's so strange how everything varies so much. I do feel better after I have done my walking as if it stretches everything out a bit. I have been so lucky and I was just telling a friend how I feel like I haven't even had anything done. I was told not to cross my legs but I haven't had to wear stockings! In hospital I had these lovely air filled stockings that were so bloody noisy! I'm glad to not have them anymore! I have been mosturising my arms and legs to keep circulation up but obviously avoiding stomach area.
I also did so much research and prepping before I went into hospital and it seemed so many people were on slim fast twice a day, so I brought a load as they were on offer, for post op and then was told absolutely under no circumstances should I have them ever!! Whereas a few people I had spoken to on hear sore by them. So I just shows everywhere is so different! Xxx

How are you @Mother K ??
I know it's so strange how everything varies so much. I do feel better after I have done my walking as if it stretches everything out a bit. I have been so lucky and I was just telling a friend how I feel like I haven't even had anything done. I was told not to cross my legs but I haven't had to wear stockings! In hospital I had these lovely air filled stockings that were so bloody noisy! I'm glad to not have them anymore! I have been mosturising my arms and legs to keep circulation up but obviously avoiding stomach area.
I also did so much research and prepping before I went into hospital and it seemed so many people were on slim fast twice a day, so I brought a load as they were on offer, for post op and then was told absolutely under no circumstances should I have them ever!! Whereas a few people I had spoken to on hear sore by them. So I just shows everywhere is so different! Xxx
Hi @Carby2barbie really pleased that you're doing so well :) I'm feeling much better this week just tired, I found protein shakes to heavy for me so advised by the dietitian to have milk and soups supplemented with marvel milk powder, which wasn't so heavy! Today is my fist day of puréed food managed one tiny pot of fromagefrais but didn't enjoy it as it was way too sweet for me! My plan for dinner is mashed potato with beans and a little bit of cheese blended together (should be ok for protein I hope!) I will still have some soup because I don't want to overdo the eating on my first day! Xx

Hi , you seem to be doing great and recovering well from the op. Just follow what the hospital/surgeon tells you as all have different views on these things.

Back