• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!
This is the first time weighing food and I am shocked how big my portions were. Structure and planning works for me so everything I can have is already prepared the night before, bought new batteries for the kitchen scales just in case they were wrong lol.

I know it's crazy isn't it.... I think I was allowed 30g of pasta which was like 12 pasta shells! When is usually have mountains more. Xxx

can I ask are you in any pain?

I am not in any pain what so ever. When I had the op done, they told me I had a morphine type drug which I could control myself and press a button when I needed it. They made me press it in recovery to make sure it was working but I only used it 8times the whole time I was in there. The nurses where so surprised as usually the minimum is about 20times but I just didn't feel I needed it. I had no tummy pain just an achy neck and shoulders, which is due to the gas they pump you with in surgery.
I was sent home with capol tablets but I haven't really taken any as the pain wasn't there. The only thing I find is that it's uncomfortable to sleep as you need to sleep on your back and I usually sleep on my side or front. But I couldn't really call it pain. I just prop myself up with plenty of cushions and it's fine. I have managed to walk a mile a day and getting on with things as normal.
I have never had any other operation so was so worried about the recovery but it has been fine and have enjoyed having time off just to do nothing really. Today day 6 I had my first number 2, I didn't have any pain but it did take me a little while. Things really are so much better than I expected. And I'm so grateful for that. I have bumped into a few people at the supermarket and they haven't even be able to tell I have even been into hospital. Not that anyone knows expect my immediate family and one friend. And that's the way I'd like to keep it. Xxx

Can't really believe I'm saying this but I am officially 7days post surgery! I never thought my day would come and I would be posting about after my op! I spent hours reading through everyone's diaries and investigating bits and pieces on the internet..... I made sure I knew everything about as much as possible. I never dreamed it would be as easy as the last week has been.
I have one week left until I return to work and feel ready to return tomorrow but actually having time to do nothing is really lovely as I'm such a workaholic. It is also only one week left on liquid .... I haven't felt hungry once and I'm sipping as much as I can, without pushing it. I have started making a list of food which I have thought about and written it down, so that when I'm onto proper eating if I still really fancy it I shall try! But the the list only consists of two things at the moment sweet and sour chicken & smoked cod!! SMOKED COD how bloody strange I'm not a fish fan really expect I love a good fish finger sandwich.
I have my stitches taken out on Monday and have my appointment through for my 6week check on the 27th April.
I hope to buy a swimming costume this weekend all ready for 3weeks time when I can start exercising properly. The mile a day walking is getting easier and easier ... and has really helped loosen me up!
I will weigh in properly on Saturday as that's a week after the first day I weighed when I can home!
Xxx

This is my 5th day pre op diet and feeling a bit down. My grandson wanted to share his hoola hoops with me and although I didn't I wanted to, makes me want to hide from it all.

This is my 5th day pre op diet and feeling a bit down. My grandson wanted to share his hoola hoops with me and although I didn't I wanted to, makes me want to hide from it all.

Sorry to hear that! You can do it though! The pre op diet is harder than anything else! And the 5days that's amazing you have nearly done a week!!! Xxx

Ok ok!! The scales were shouting my name I could not resist!!! After being so disappointed once coming home and weighing 17st 6lb.... which means gaining 6lbs whist in hospital! I have weighed in tonight at 16st 4lb ! OMG I checked the scales three times just to make sure ....... 1st 2lbs off in a week!!!! And 2stone since I started my pre op diet on the 1st March!!!! Wow! I'm in the 16s and not only am I in the 16s I'm in the lower half!!!! Nothing can beat this smile on my face right now!!! I finally weigh less than my partner, what a great feeling!!!

I am officially on the looser bench!!!! Yayayayayayayyayayayyayayayay!!!!

Well I feel much better now, kind words go along way and laughing at the thought of you getting on and off the scales..

Smarty pants ! Well done you xxxx

Fantastic loss! Well done you :)
I get secretly annoyed when I get weighed in hospital and they won't let me strip to my underwear and go for a wee first. I mean how can they expect to get a proper reading otherwise? I reckon my keys, boots and cost combined are AT LEAST an extra half stone..... :D

2 weeks post surgery!!

Today I returned to work ..... I was up before my alarm as I was so worried I wouldn't wake up as I have got to used to 2weeks with no alarm!! I have never had two weeks off just to do nothing!! I was worried I would spend most of it in pain and be dreading the fact that I had committed to return to work within two weeks! But infact I have had no pain since the first day in hospital and I feel great!!! Work was fine I forgot how hard and what long hours I work, but I made sure I had plenty of small breaks and kept a water bottle with me at all times.

Tomorrow I start the puréed food stage .... how exciting another stage closer to gaining some food normality! The taste of water has started to bore me this week, probably because all I feel I'm doing is sipping! So I have a selection of sugar free squash and SF ribena seems to be hitting the spot! A few people on here have ask if I'm hungry ?? ... and I'm not at all I have only had one day in total when I felt slightly week and drained but as soon as I added spinach to some home made lentil soup I started to feel better and it passed. Another lovely sugar free item, that had helped me drink the recommended milk allowance, rather than having a milky coffee all the time is .... vanilla sugar free crusha.... it's delicious and I feel so naughty!!

I have brought flavoured sugar free protein powders to help me kill two birds with one stone really ..... to ensure I get that added protein and to add flavour to my puréed breakfast. As I have been advised to keep the fruit to a min. I have apple crumble and custard, vanilla and sticky toffee pudding. I intend to add this to my NAS ready brek!

My war wounds..... seems so strange looking in the mirror with these tiny slits everywhere but I can't get over how neat and how wonderful the human body and healing process is! I will start using my lotions and potions on them as soon as I feel they aren't so raw ( only had stitches out Monday).

Only two more weeks until I can start exercising and have my new swimming costume ready and waiting!!

Back