• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey....

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh it cant be right you don't drop that much weight over a weekend..not even if I was a fairy with wishes to give away..lol

Right Im all ready for my fill tomorrow

Have to say I am quite nervous not a great fan of needles and have you seen the length of the bloody needle they give you, I have my own personal one in the box they gave me and its..very Looooooooooooooong!!!!!

Anyway has to be done..no point in coming this far to wimp out at the sight of a needle, plusits sticking it in your tum that bothers me

So come on warts an all whats it like..full description please :)

I've seen pics of the needles they are big it's crazy but you will be fine val excellent news about your weight too how fab! Your doc must have been over the moon with you x x

Great news about the weightloss, yay you!!

Honestly, don't stress about the fill, it's not like being speared with a harpoon.

I can only tell you how mine went, and it didn't hurt AT ALL. I just lay down, put my hands behind my head, she found the port straight away and it was a tiny 'scratch' feeling. I just didn't look as she did it :D.

She drew the fluid out that was in there to see how much there was, then added in some more - and that was that! Little dressing over the pinprick, bit of a chat and off to work.

The main downside was going back to liquids, arrghh. SOOOOUPPPP.

You'll be fine sweetie x

I'm not a fan of needles (can't look) but it honestly doesn't hurt a scratch and that's all x

I've seen pics of the needles they are big it's crazy but you will be fine val excellent news about your weight too how fab! Your doc must have been over the moon with you x x

I told my daughter about the crazy scale reading and she said something I never thought off..she said But Mom when he weighed you at the surgery before you were 24.7 and now no matter what any other scale says you are 20.11 on the same scales so work that one out:rolleyes:

like she also said it doesn't matter about what scale says what its the fact the number is going down..wise words don't you think :)

So today was my first fill
It was totally painless didn't even feel the sharp needle enter..honestly

Well, I also saw the dietician and she says like you all said to up the carbs and have a little carbs with each meal...

So onto the good stuff..
not quite as good as the GP scales but I think more accurate..
21.5 so I have lost enough that Im happy and so were they at THG

I had in my band 4.5 ml and they put in another 2 ml
the girl told me I now have approx. 6.5 or 7ml in my band
I am on liquids for 2 days then soft for 2 days...
so here we go again Soup..Yakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
and mushies...ah well might kick start the weight loss again :)

i was thinking about you too waiting for your update puts me at rest, i have my fill next week! God thats come quickly u know! glad your ok! Good luck with liquids and mush/1 x x x

Glad it went well, I was thinking about you this afternoon!
That's great weight loss, you must be chuffed:D

Thank you Sarah
Im truly delighted

i was thinking about you too waiting for your update puts me at rest, i have my fill next week! God thats come quickly u know! glad your ok! Good luck with liquids and mush/1 x x x

I am not lying at all Kirstie
it didn't hurt at all..not one little bit!!!

and Im pleased with my loss, when you think I cannot exercise very much at the moment

let me know how you get on with yours next week xxx

Hi Minn

Well done on your weight loss so far, you are doing fantastic and should be really proud of yourself. I'm pleased that the fill was pain free after all that worrying. What size is your band?

Well done Val!! I was thinking of you today, glad it all went well. I told you it didn't hurt ;)

Great news on the weight loss, well done hunni.

Hi Minn

Well done on your weight loss so far, you are doing fantastic and should be really proud of yourself. I'm pleased that the fill was pain free after all that worrying. What size is your band?

My Band is a 14ml and I have approx. 7ml in it...don't feel any different after first fill but that's Ok :)

Well done Val!! I was thinking of you today, glad it all went well. I told you it didn't hurt ;)

Great news on the weight loss, well done hunni.

Awwww thank you.yes you were right didn't even feel needle go in..honestly :)
When is your next fill mine is the 4th December

Awwww thank you.yes you were right didn't even feel needle go in..honestly :)
When is your next fill mine is the 4th December

Mine is next Thursday, I think I might eat the entire kitchen including the plates by then.

I'm RAVENOUS.

I hardly feel like I even have a band, I'm so hungry all the time, and I can eat anything!

:(

Mine is next Thursday, I think I might eat the entire kitchen including the plates by then.

I'm RAVENOUS.

I hardly feel like I even have a band, I'm so hungry all the time, and I can eat anything!

:(

Awwww sweetie
This is one of the reasons Ive joined a Slimming club to help me with my journey..its hard with a band...its the hunger isn't it..hopefully we will hit that sweet spot on second or third fill in time for Christmas
Chin up sweetie xxxx :wave_cry:

Back