• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey....

Hi
Well like bandergirl I do feel extremely hungry especially at night time when I am sitting watching TV..last night I even a a tiny portion of peanuts I was so hungry and wanted something to chew

I know restriction is something we are all aiming for and we have all paid a lot of money for a procedure that makes no promises really...
However I have to agree when you have parted with 5 thousand pounds you do wish you had just a little support from your provider?? at the end of a phone really doesn't cut it :(

I must be lucky cos I seem to be fine at the moment, the nurse even reckons I'm still in the green zone from post op!
I do know how u feel about the support though it seems lax!

Well I have been weighed and I was a little sad to only have lost 1 pound this week..
seems so unfair when I am so large and much smaller people than me at SW club are dropping 3 pounds a week
I am doing everything right. Protein first Vegetables and salad and small amount of Carbs??
Canto do anything else so I guess I just have to be patient :/

A loss is still a loss Hun x x

I know but Im really trying hard to accept it..

But Im 21.4 I should be coming off at at least 2-3 pounds each week..one pound is such a tiny amount

They say you have to eat 3,500 cals less to loose a pound well Im doing that and much more..so cannot put the unfairness aside :/..sorry

It is just a number. How do u feel within yourself? Don't get disheartenedxxx

It is just a number. How do u feel within yourself? Don't get disheartenedxxx

Well untie I went to slimming club tonight and saw all the much thinner people than me loosing 3-4 pounds I felt OK
I look better and I appear to be loosing weight well..
I just wish the bloody needle on the scale would start moving :(

Don't get disheartened your doing really really well! And remember we are in this for the long haul! X x x

Don't get disheartened your doing really really well! And remember we are in this for the long haul! X x x

I know Hun..just feeling a little downhearted :cry:

I know but Im really trying hard to accept it..

But Im 21.4 I should be coming off at at least 2-3 pounds each week..one pound is such a tiny amount

They say you have to eat 3,500 cals less to loose a pound well Im doing that and much more..so cannot put the unfairness aside :/..sorry

Minn in this game 3500 doesn't equal 1lb :rolleyes: not sure why the maths doesn't work but try not to worry. You are still in the early days and people do stall after the initial quick losses. Read your strap line ... Positivity is key xxx

Minn in this game 3500 doesn't equal 1lb :rolleyes: not sure why the maths doesn't work but try not to worry. You are still in the early days and people do stall after the initial quick losses. Read your strap line ... Positivity is key xxx

Im so glad you posted this comment

I needed to hear something like this

Thank you my friend xxxxx :talk017:

Remember as well though, while some at slimming world may give up on their diet and regain the pounds they lost, your band will help you to keep losing and eventually maintaining. As you said, you're in it for the long haul. Don't give up xxx

In a week, you might not feel like that's much, but look at what you've already lost. All those people losing more with SW, have any of them lost 2 and a half stones in what, 2 months? While also having major surgery??

I know it's natural to compare yourself with others, but if you can break that habit and start celebrating your own efforts and successes it's a much nicer place to be. A loss is still a loss, and 1lb in a week is better than I managed at SW (over the years I was there I went from 22.7 to 20.7 to 23.9, then I called it quits!).

Good luck lovely x

In a week, you might not feel like that's much, but look at what you've already lost. All those people losing more with SW, have any of them lost 2 and a half stones in what, 2 months? While also having major surgery??

I know it's natural to compare yourself with others, but if you can break that habit and start celebrating your own efforts and successes it's a much nicer place to be. A loss is still a loss, and 1lb in a week is better than I managed at SW (over the years I was there I went from 22.7 to 20.7 to 23.9, then I called it quits!).

Good luck lovely x

Thank you for your reply Sarah..wise words :)

I always like to see your results etc as we were similar weights when we started our journey xxxx

Good luck lovely x

Very wise words. :)

Had a bit of a blip last night..wanted to do nothing else but eat :/
So bad news is I had sliced chicken, turkey sausage and a small bowl of chicken casserole...Oh My

Good news is it was high protein and I feel so much better today..Had my organic oats porridge for breakfast and happy that the hunger pangs have gone :)

Had a bit of a blip last night..wanted to do nothing else but eat :/ So bad news is I had sliced chicken, turkey sausage and a small bowl of chicken casserole...Oh My Good news is it was high protein and I feel so much better today..Had my organic oats porridge for breakfast and happy that the hunger pangs have gone :)

At least it wasn't anything bad Hun all those things like u said high protein x x

Hi Kirstie..no not bad but I was just soooooooooooooooooo incrediably hungry
It was like my body said.."Ok enough is enough I want some good food"...so I sort of lost control..
But Im back fine today..
Lots of housework done and very good day food wise :)

Aww glad things are back on track for you! I'm just starting to see bits of my old self reappear that uses food for comfort. So annoying!

Back