• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey....

Sending you lots of luck and best wishes. Dolan park is lovely and it was my best surgery ever (5) xx

Good luck for tomorrow!

I had my band fitted by Mr Richardson about a month ago at Dolan Park, I was very nervous but they were all lovely and supportive and made my time there really comfortable.

I can recommend the cup a soup they offer about 4-5 hrs post surgery, I was so thirsty/hungry by then it was like nectar from the gods! lol

Hope you sleep ok tonight & see you on the losers bench :)

I echo all of that (except I was a week ago not a month).

That soup was AMAZING.

Good luck tomorrow!!

dear Val, have been thinking about you throughout the day today - I hope that all has gone well :)

Hugs your way x

dear Val, have been thinking about you throughout the day today - I hope that all has gone well :)

Hugs your way x

Hi Kat
Thank you for your kind lovely thoughts and great advise since finding this site
I'm Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah I woke up after surgery..now is the first day of my new life:)
Im on the losers bench, (Hi Fellow Losers)

Well the day was Ok..up at 5am on the road at 6 at the Dolan 6.45am kept waiting in reception for over an hour, then through to room
waited a further 3 hours 10mins then off to theatre, arrived back at room felt great!!!

Really good news Mr Richardson seemed proud of my efforts to shrink my liver and said I had done the diet beautifully, he added there was no problem so The Milk Diet is really worth the effort for safe surgery!!

I really wanted to go home so I was up dressed and waiting to go home before all the others that had been banded before me that day :)
Mr Richardson gave the Ok and that was that

He fitted a 14ml band and has put in 5ml apparently that's normal and as you know I am now on liquid for 2 weeks

Today I feel fine a little sore and a little gas in the chest but other than that I have showered had my milk drink and raring to go....:)

How are you feeling Val? Hope it all went well!

Hi
I'm officially on the losers bench today:)
I feel fine little sore, little gas, But it was all very easy going
Just want to loose the weight now
I have decided to stop weighing daily and will weigh once each week from now on
Hope you are progressing how is the liquid diet going for you?:)

Welcome to the bench Val, that's the worrying bit over, it's all down to you now. x

Thank you..Happy to be onb the bench
I intend following it to the letter so Hope to do as well as all of you x

I'm glad you're ok :) and recovering well.

different providers do different things and surgeons tend to have their own thoughts on fills etc. My own provider doesn't put any fluid in at the time of the band being fitted and we don't get our first fill until 5 weeks post op.

Weighing when you feel is right for you is the best way. I jump on most days, but only log on a thursday which is my official weigh in day (my surgery day was a thursday which is why I went with that!) but take measurements too Val, cos if there's a week you don't lose weight or a slow month, it helps to see what you've done inch loss wise :)

I thought I would attempt a Picture diary too
This was me many moons ago at the tender age of 23 (lol.Look at the old Police uniform those were the days) I weighed 13 stone 2 pounds but I am 5'10 so a nice size 14/16

14117_10150117833560696_3107582_n.jpg

Me about 10 years ago aged 50ish
ICAM0003copy.jpg

Couple more to come...brb

Me Sept 2012 slimming again to go to America

0ean.jpg

Me and My Daughter June 2013 California, She also had a band and has lost a lot of weight

sorry picture disappeared will upload again :)

Last edited:
Finally My Husband and me in America Yosemite Park

s5jy.jpg

I'm so glad it all went well for you, I kept thinking about you yesterday!

Oh Thank you Sarah, how kind
I'm amazingly well..
I feel fine looking forward to getting healthier now with an added bonus of losing weight xxxx:)

Hi Minn, I'm so glad it all went really well, it sounds like you're taking it all in your stride!

I was thinking of you too, and I was glad to see you'd posted.

Best wishes for a very speedy recovery.

So glad the op went well for you & welcome to the losers bench! :)

Yes, we had the same surgeon, theres two or three of us i noticed now (Banderbird also) I was pretty sore & sleepy for a few days but apart from the dreaded wind ( thank god for windeze!) Soon felt better, hope you take it easy, remember plenty of fluids & be kind to yourself :)

Love your pics btw, what great places you have visited!

Thanks for saying ive been doing well xx Slight confession...i was in such denial, no idea what i weighed at the start! So bit of a guess, think i prob got it wrong so havent lost as much but will readjust when i go in for a fill mon & get the true figure from the nurse.

Hope you have a good weekend x

So glad the op went well for you & welcome to the losers bench! :)

Yes, we had the same surgeon, theres two or three of us i noticed now (Banderbird also) I was pretty sore & sleepy for a few days but apart from the dreaded wind ( thank god for windeze!) Soon felt better, hope you take it easy, remember plenty of fluids & be kind to yourself :)

Love your pics btw, what great places you have visited!

Thanks for saying ive been doing well xx Slight confession...i was in such denial, no idea what i weighed at the start! So bit of a guess, think i prob got it wrong so havent lost as much but will readjust when i go in for a fill mon & get the true figure from the nurse.

Hope you have a good weekend x
Thank you for lovely comment
You having a fill this Monday let us know how you get on
I hope you are doing well xxx:)

Hi Minn, I'm so glad it all went really well, it sounds like you're taking it all in your stride!

I was thinking of you too, and I was glad to see you'd posted.

Best wishes for a very speedy recovery.

Yes day 2 after band today a little more sore but doing fine
Just had homemade soup and it is fine, not too much restriction as only have a small amount in band
I am taking it easy and being pampered by husband so all looks good:)

I did put a pound on today but they say this is after surgery wind etc and swollen so will weigh next week to see how its going:rolleyes:

I wouldn't worry about putting a pound on, there's probably water retention and all sorts going on!

The main thing is to recover, and I hope that happens super-quick :).

I've still not weighed myself lol

Back