• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey....

I wouldn't worry about putting a pound on, there's probably water retention and all sorts going on!

The main thing is to recover, and I hope that happens super-quick :).

I've still not weighed myself lol

So how are you feeling now?:)

Almost back to normal thank you, it'll be two weeks on Tuesday since my op. Scars are healing pretty well and the bruises are fading. I can move around very well now with no twinges.

I'm a bit bored with liquids now, but not long to go til mushies.

Glad you're being pampered, you deserve it! Hope the soreness goes soon - usually day 5 is when you feel a lot better. Homemade soup sounds yummy!!

Really glad for you that things are going well xx

Almost back to normal thank you, it'll be two weeks on Tuesday since my op. Scars are healing pretty well and the bruises are fading. I can move around very well now with no twinges.

I'm a bit bored with liquids now, but not long to go til mushies.

Glad you're being pampered, you deserve it! Hope the soreness goes soon - usually day 5 is when you feel a lot better. Homemade soup sounds yummy!!

lol..Im fed up of liquids already having done 8/9 days milk then liquids now..
I'm really looking forward to the permanent stage where you and the band work together to get to grips with a life long problem.
So I agree mushies will be great..but long term I want to chew but the right stuff, salad, fish, proteins etc
Cant wait...bring it on!!!:D

lol..Im fed up of liquids already having done 8/9 days milk then liquids now..
I'm really looking forward to the permanent stage where you and the band work together to get to grips with a life long problem.
So I agree mushies will be great..but long term I want to chew but the right stuff, salad, fish, proteins etc
Cant wait...bring it on!!!:D

I know what you mean, I can't wait for the band to start doing its job. That little widget has cost me a lot of cash hehe.

Ok...so should I be hungry??

Im unsure if its hunger or just wanting something to chew

I wanted a piece of dry wholemeal toast the night before my band and I didn't have it..and its still on my mind, and now I cannot have it, lol

I think Im just a bit paniky...did anyone ever get that feeling after op, like OMG I cant ever eat properly again and sort of feel a little bereaved almost??

I thought it might be a good idea to jot down what I have each day in my diary on here...

Today Saturday
Breakfast.. Milk
Mid morning.. Tea
Lunch.. Runny Yoghurt
Mid Afternoon.. tiny drop homemade soup, didn't like flavour
Dinner.. Oxtail Soup

Throughout day water and SF squash

1 Small glass of orange juice

Is this about right for liquid diet.. need to know if its not

Plus is there anything Im missing out on I see several of you have actimel?

I wouldn't worry too much, as long as you keep your fluids up, and it looks as though you are.

In the first few days I was getting lots of weird gurglings, and I wasn't sure if it was hunger or what. I always felt better after a Complan or soup though - still do.

Now I definitely get hungry! It's manageable though.

We'll be back on normal food soon enough, and I believe we should be able to tolerate toast if it's chewed well.

You're doing really well!

I had a glass of wine for the first time in weeks tonight and I enjoyed it.

Ok...so should I be hungry??

Im unsure if its hunger or just wanting something to chew

I wanted a piece of dry wholemeal toast the night before my band and I didn't have it..and its still on my mind, and now I cannot have it, lol

I think Im just a bit paniky...did anyone ever get that feeling after op, like OMG I cant ever eat properly again and sort of feel a little bereaved almost??

I wasn't hungry at all on liquids, it was only when I started eating mush that the hunger came back.

I know what you mean about the panic, I find it hard to believe sometimes that I'll never eat a whole chicken again. Mentally I do need to find other coping mechanisms - I've always turned to food to ease any emotional stress and I appreciate that comfort will no longer be available to me. It takes some getting used to!

I wouldn't worry too much, as long as you keep your fluids up, and it looks as though you are.

In the first few days I was getting lots of weird gurglings, and I wasn't sure if it was hunger or what. I always felt better after a Complan or soup though - still do.

Now I definitely get hungry! It's manageable though.

We'll be back on normal food soon enough, and I believe we should be able to tolerate toast if it's chewed well.

You're doing really well!

I had a glass of wine for the first time in weeks tonight and I enjoyed it.

Im so glad your doing so well..Wow you drank wine..you go girl!!!!
I don't drink so I will raise a glass of squash to you xxx;)

I wasn't hungry at all on liquids, it was only when I started eating mush that the hunger came back.

I know what you mean about the panic, I find it hard to believe sometimes that I'll never eat a whole chicken again. Mentally I do need to find other coping mechanisms - I've always turned to food to ease any emotional stress and I appreciate that comfort will no longer be available to me. It takes some getting used to!

Yes I think everyone agrees when you go back to food you start with the hunger..well for us that's life now I suppose:rolleyes:
Im just so happy to be going down the weight loss road that I will put on a brave face for most challenges to come xxx

Im so glad your doing so well..Wow you drank wine..you go girl!!!!
I don't drink so I will raise a glass of squash to you xxx;)

Just a small one - my first 'treat' in three weeks!

The plan is to cut right back on alcohol though, I think it's very much a contributery factor in my being overweight.

Luckily I love squash too :D

*cheers*

Well this is new.....
Day 4 so far I have felt great, today not so much :(
Im Totally worn out, I have the most awful tongue and I feel so nauseous:confused:

I ventured out to the supermarket to get supplies like Actimel, smooth fromage frais SF Jelly things I have not been having at all, I have only been really sticking to drinks and I honesty went green thought I was going to faint and had to sit down luckily husband was with me to care for me..went to bed when I got home and I have only just woken up:sigh:

So I was really hoping that things were on an upward but I suppose we are all different ;)

I really don't think I have been taking in enough in the form af good liquids

I had a very similar experience in Asda. It was only when my mum steered me into the cafe I realised that I'd drunk plenty of squash but nothing with any calories in for the best part of 18 hours - doh!
If you're not feeling hungry and you're tired anyway it's really easy to overdo things - be gentle with yourself x

Aww take it easy. You just need a few more calories. If you can manage to drink some Complan or Build Up, it's really yummy and I found it really helped. They're fortified with vitamins and protein.

I was exhausted for the first few days and slept like Rip Van Winkle!

I had a very similar experience in Asda. It was only when my mum steered me into the cafe I realised that I'd drunk plenty of squash but nothing with any calories in for the best part of 18 hours - doh!
If you're not feeling hungry and you're tired anyway it's really easy to overdo things - be gentle with yourself x

I think that's it
So I have now drank and Actimel and a Fromage and feel so much better xx

Aww take it easy. You just need a few more calories. If you can manage to drink some Complan or Build Up, it's really yummy and I found it really helped. They're fortified with vitamins and protein.

I was exhausted for the first few days and slept like Rip Van Winkle!

I didn't get any complan etc as I don't like slimfast etc:( so I was just drinking milk..
Obviously Im not having enough cals..but I feel a little better now xxx

Ok Its Monday the first day of a new week
I feel so much better than yesterday..I'm up, dressings off showered, and raring to go

I had a discovery this morning,
I am really off milk so I had a glass of tomato juice, OMG it was yummy it was smooth no bits and I added a dash of Worcestershire sauce and pretended it was tomato on toast my fave breakfast...
I know its wasn't quite the same But My God it hit the spot!!!
see Im a savoury girl not sweet tooth at all...

Back