• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey....

Hi everyone
Just completed another hour's walk over the woods Im absolutely filthy its so muddy over there but you feel so good when you get back home and sit with a mug of coffee :)

Wwwwww fabulous! I did my couch to 5k yesterday so today's a rest day! Guess what I managed 93 grams of protein yesterday crazy! X

Strange what you can and cannot eat isn't it...Like yesterday I could not eat cold chicken, today I was having tinned salmon on a cracker and could not eat that either..
seems if the food is dense its hard to swallow..
yet I ate a big dish of low fat bolognaise tonight as I was so hungry

Jeepers hope you'll be able to manage more things soon! If your having difficulty with things will they still give u a fill x

Strange what you can and cannot eat isn't it...Like yesterday I could not eat cold chicken, today I was having tinned salmon on a cracker and could not eat that either..
seems if the food is dense its hard to swallow..
yet I ate a big dish of low fat bolognaise tonight as I was so hungry

Annoying isn't it. A teaspoonful of salmon can have me rushing to the loo to be sick yet next day it's fine and I can eat the full portion I have allowed myself. Any thing slidey like bolagnaise just slides through my pouch so I have to be really cautious and stick to my portion size but find I don't get any full feeling or satisfaction from them to be honest other than it tastes good and makes me yearn more :rolleyes:.. Not sure if it's similar for banders though

Hiya Val, hope everything's going OK hun - nearly time for our next fill!

Hi BB
Yes tomorrow for me...Im worried though as nurse thinks the port has flipped over as she had a bad time trying to fill last time...so see what tomorrow brings..when is yours due??

Hey val! Hope your ok chicken x x x x

Mmmmmmm not really Kirstie..sadly although Im doing OK diet wise family issues are causing a lot of sadness worry and stress..day after Boxing Day My son in law and daughter decided to separate they have 2 lovely children aged 4 and 2 so its very heartbreaking..he is moving out of the home and will have joint custody of the children...Im so stressed I don't know how I am managing to diet when all I want is food to comfort me.. :( :cry:

Mmmmmmm not really Kirstie..sadly although Im doing OK diet wise family issues are causing a lot of sadness worry and stress..day after Boxing Day My son in law and daughter decided to separate they have 2 lovely children aged 4 and 2 so its very heartbreaking..he is moving out of the home and will have joint custody of the children...Im so stressed I don't know how I am managing to diet when all I want is food to comfort me.. :( :cry:

Big (((((HUGS))))) Val. Its one of those things that you have no control over & its a case of watching on in the hope that it all eventually turns out to be the best for all concerned in the long run. Try and find something to distract you from the stress other than food ie. go long walks, decorate the house ... anything xxx

Awww val I'm so sorry to hear that I hope your daughter and everyone involved are bearing up ok. As Frankie said try to distract yourself. The best you can do is be there and strong for everyone involved. At least one plus point is even in this most stressful time you are able to keep making sensible choices. Was it a big shock for you all? X x x

Aww hun so sorry about your family troubles. I know it must be heartbreaking for you, but these things happen. Rather they go their separate ways than try to stay together and be even more unhappy.

I do feel sorry for those young kids though :(

My fill was meant to be today but it got cancelled because the nurse is illl, so it's now been rebooked for Monday. Fingers crossed for yours tomorrow, I hope your port hasn't flipped.

I'm really sorry to hear that Val, but as BB has said, better to be happy apart than to grow bitter staying together. (((hugs)))

Good luck for the fill tomorrow.

Okie dokie the news on the band fill..
Diet wise still slow but steady..then went to have fill with nurse..took several attempts again, she thinks the port is on its side she can get to it but it difficult, spoke to surgeon and he says see how fill go's next time if it hasn't improved he will have to look into it :/
Its only guaranteed for 6 months so the nurse said its good its noted so if any problem appear again it will be done without charge... Mmmmm think I will believe that when I see it... :?

Anyway I now have 10 mls in a 14 ml band..see what tomorrow brings, see if restriction is kicked in :)

How annoying if it is on its side, but at least it's fixable FOC and you should hopefully only have one little incision if it needs stitching back in place.

At least you still got the fill, fingers crossed it does the trick.

Fingers crossed for you Hun I'm glad you managed to get your fill I'll will cross my fingers and toes for you I'm on liquids too fill went well x x

I'm glad they managed the fill, fingers crossed it makes a difference.
Sorry to hear this fill was no easier, do they think the port may right itself?

I'm glad they managed the fill, fingers crossed it makes a difference.
Sorry to hear this fill was no easier, do they think the port may right itself?

No I don't think so...The nurse her name is Fryday she is totally lovely she really is considered the expert in fills and I trust her completely...she thinks its a very difficult port to fill and may need adjusting but it the general anaesthetic over again, Im not bothered about the cuts its being put under I hate :/

So my first day on softs..well I did yesterday ON LIQUIDS SO TODAY IS MUSHIES...I ONLY HAD RUNNY OATS SO SIMPLE FOR BREKKIE THAT WAS FINE..THEN LUNCH I HAD OXTAIL SOUP THAT WAS FINE TOO..
EVENING MEAL I HAVE HAD COTTAGE PIE HOME MADE WITH RUNNY GRAVY AND MASHED SOFT POTATO..
i SEEM MORE FULL SO THATS GOOD AS MY PORTIONS WERE CREEPING UP.....
ooooop sorry hit caps lock..Im forever doing that :)

anyway so far so good I can still manage food so Im glad..restriction is defiantly getting very close...I did try a little tiny piece of bread with my soup but that was defiantly a 'no go' area....glad really :)

Back