• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey

Hi Folks,
So was at hospital on Monday, and now weigh 132.7 kg, a loss of 4 kg over 6 weeks. so they are very happy. So that is a total of 23 kg since start of preop and just short of 18 kg since surgery. Most of my family in Scarborough ( who knew about the surgery) are a little shocked but delighted in the changes I have made since Christmas. Unfortunately the visit is tinged with sadness as I am here to attend the funeral of the one person who would have been delighted to see me in the flesh, she did see pics of me before she died and was very supportive about the whole process since I first mentioned it. This has just given me more reasons why I am never going back to the way I was.

Hi Folks,
So was at hospital on Monday, and now weigh 132.7 kg, a loss of 4 kg over 6 weeks. so they are very happy. So that is a total of 23 kg since start of preop and just short of 18 kg since surgery. Most of my family in Scarborough ( who knew about the surgery) are a little shocked but delighted in the changes I have made since Christmas. Unfortunately the visit is tinged with sadness as I am here to attend the funeral of the one person who would have been delighted to see me in the flesh, she did see pics of me before she died and was very supportive about the whole process since I first mentioned it. This has just given me more reasons why I am never going back to the way I was.
Well ian that is fantastic amount of weight i am so sorry you lost someone close to you my condolances to you
. How are you finding your new way of eating have you coped ok.
Well im having my op on the 26th so next week so getting all prepared and looking forward to that losers bench xx

Well ian that is fantastic amount of weight i am so sorry you lost someone close to you my condolances to you
. How are you finding your new way of eating have you coped ok.
Well im having my op on the 26th so next week so getting all prepared and looking forward to that losers bench xx
Hi @sandra overton, only a week to go for you. I am taking to the new eating regime very well, having lots of meals out and people are surprised how little I eat now compared with what I use too. Still following the L&D plan, 3 main meals and 3 snacks, not always manage to get all 6 , but seems to be acceptable to my stomach. Just coming off the lanzaprole, so been aware of any acid reflux, but none so far.

Not said hey yet dude. Nice one on your continued successes. Its cool to see everyone on here doing so well. Makes me think there could be hope after all! Keep it up boss man.

Hi Folks,
Congratulations Ian you should be very proud x

So encouraging Ian, I’m sorry for your recent loss, I. Sure you have some wonderful memories to draw upon, I’m so pleased for you that you’ve adapted so very well to your bypass, I hope I can do as well as you x

Hi @sandra overton, only a week to go for you. I am taking to the new eating regime very well, having lots of meals out and people are surprised how little I eat now compared with what I use too. Still following the L&D plan, 3 main meals and 3 snacks, not always manage to get all 6 , but seems to be acceptable to my stomach. Just coming off the lanzaprole, so been aware of any acid reflux, but none so far.
Ian when i have had the op how much milk is it still a whole pint or smaller thats what im wandering thats good that you can go out to eat you must be on cloud nine im at the hospital tomorrow for heart scan then monday for transfusion blood test then all set for thursday xx

Sandra you can have as much milk as you want, your pouch won’t want anywhere near as much as your having now but milk is a good source of protein too, I’ve stuck to semi skimmed x

Sandra you can have as much milk as you want, your pouch won’t want anywhere near as much as your having now but milk is a good source of protein too, I’ve stuck to semi skimmed x
Thankyou bling just went to holland and Barrett and my god didnt know what to buy so come away totally confused they wernt much help either so just bought slimfast milkshake extra protein banana and chocolate ready for next week and holland and barret not cheap either so ill ask hospital before i buy any thing else xx

I use “my protein” online, from what I’ve read whey isolate is the best powder to buy, what a shame there were no much help x

I'm sorry for your loss Ian :hugs:It sounds like you're doing amazingly well. Keep doing as well as you're doing and there will be no stopping you.

I use “my protein” online, from what I’ve read whey isolate is the best powder to buy, what a shame there were no much help x
went on the site
my protein got whey isolate and got a discount so quite happy with that i will have to get use to drinking squash dont really drink that or fizzy drink just water and green tea see how we go when you say your still drinking semi milk how much are you managing to drinkof that in one sitting at least now you can go on pureed that will be easyier wont it have more choice xx

I'm sorry for your loss Ian :hugs:It sounds like you're doing amazingly well. Keep doing as well as you're doing and there will be no stopping you.
Hi victoria how are you getting on with your diet well i hope i am having heart scan tomorrow did you have to have one i think its routine at luton ànd dunstable xx

I didn't have a heart scan, i only had a ECG at my pre op appointment. I wasn't at L&D though 'cause i'm in Birmingham. Do you have problems with your heart?

I didn't have a heart scan, i only had a ECG at my pre op appointment. I wasn't at L&D though 'cause i'm in Birmingham. Do you have problems with your heart?
No i dont have any problems i think everyone at l and d have one i had a ecg too at my pre op i spose its to make sure your fit for sugery which is thursday 26th xx

went on the site
my protein got whey isolate and got a discount so quite happy with that i will have to get use to drinking squash dont really drink that or fizzy drink just water and green tea see how we go when you say your still drinking semi milk how much are you managing to drinkof that in one sitting at least now you can go on pureed that will be easyier wont it have more choice xx
That’s great, I’m not a squash drinker either but I do find it’s better with the unflavoured powder in water, it just freshens it up a bit. I am now able to drink 300mls milk but I drink it really really slowly, tiny but constant sips, to start with I only managed 100mls which increase to 200mls now 300 xxx

That’s great, I’m not a squash drinker either but I do find it’s better with the unflavoured powder in water, it just freshens it up a bit. I am now able to drink 300mls milk but I drink it really really slowly, tiny but constant sips, to start with I only managed 100mls which increase to 200mls now 300 xxx
Thats good bling that you are incresing fluids and your doing well i just had my heart scan and got good bill of health no problems with my heartxx

Back