• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey

@Maria61 ,
Yeah, I'm doing good ta, Getting quite excited (again) now.
Had a bit of a wobble before I started the milk diet on Monday. Thinking.....thoughts of ....Omg, I'm not going to do this...something else I'm going to fail at, And , nearly was having second thought. But, phoned the dietition up...And, asked her if it really is possible to shrink the liver in a week.
She said, it is....even though they do prefare people to do it for 2 weeks.

So I've been focussing on the gym, And been sticking to the milk diet 100% since Monday. And, just hoping for the best on the 18th.

How have you been? You getting....nervous?....excited?

Toni :rainbow:

Last edited:
@Maria61 ,
Yeah, I'm doing good ta, Getting quite excited (again) now.
Had a bit of a wobble before I started the milk diet on Monday. Thinking.....thoughts of ....Omg, I'm not going to do this...something else I'm going to fail at, And , nearly was having second thought. But, phoned the dietition up...And, asked her if it really is possible to shrink the liver in a week.
She said, it is....even though they do prefare people to do it for 2 weeks.

So I've been focussing on the gym, And been sticking to the milk diet 100% since Monday. And, just hoping for the best on the 18th.

How have you been? You getting....nervous?....excited?

Sunshine I am nervous and excited but looking forward to it too. I am very lucky as there is a young lady where I work who had a bypass in November and has lost 7 and a half stone and she is my inspiration and great help. I don't know anyone else personally who has had this surgery and she is amazing. Good luck to you. Xxx

Hi Ian, how are you getting on? Good luck for Friday, I will be watching for your update as I’m there on the 9th seeing the surgeon and anaesthetist and I’m interested to know if you come out with a date or come out being told your now on the waiting list as I heard of both ways

hi @Bling Babe ,
Dreading it , as I have not lost any real weight. So hopefully will get a date or on the list, with a warning to loose some weight. So , was diagnosed with kidney stones, which left me in pain for over 8 weeks so no exercise and bad diet, then followed by flu. I have met the criteria and not put any weight on.
So fingers crossed.

hi @Bling Babe ,
Dreading it , as I have not lost any real weight. So hopefully will get a date or on the list, with a warning to loose some weight. So , was diagnosed with kidney stones, which left me in pain for over 8 weeks so no exercise and bad diet, then followed by flu. I have met the criteria and not put any weight on.
So fingers crossed.
Good luck Ian. Please let us know how you get on. My 6 week check up is tomorrow. Can’t believe that it has been six weeks already since surgery xxx

Hi @Maria61
Thanks, can't believe 6 weeks have gone passed so fast. I havn't been online much recently, so hope everything is settling down.
Good luck tomorrow.

hi @Bling Babe ,
So fingers crossed.
Oh no Ian you’ve been through the mill lately, I’ve heard kidney stones are extremely painful so really feel for you, try not to worry to much about your appointment especially as you haven’t gained and you still meet the criteria, I think you’ll be fine. Good luck

So, yesterday saw Mr Rashid (surgeon) and anaesthetist. Signed the consent form and given all of the information on possible things that could go wrong. Weight and height taken, and a brief exam of abdomen to check for any hernias etc.

Was asked if I was willing to take a cancellation (2 weeks notice) said yes, that was ok. I asked if I could have mine after xmas because this is the busiest part of the year, so need to be able to drive and lift things. He explained that it should be ok, but that it might be more than 18 weeks because I asked for the delay.

I was left with no doubt that if I put weight on or did not show any weight loss, that they would cancel the operation on the day or at the pre-op.

So now awaiting a date for the op but at least I am on the list.

Really pleased your on the list at last, so it looks like I won’t walk out with a date but hopefully will be put on the list. Really chuffed for you Ian

@Bling Babe, it might depend on who you see and what there list is like. He said that they are only offering sleeve or bypass really. He did say that if the go in and there is not enough room to do bypass, (my body shape ,all around stomach and not too much anywhere else), they could do the sleeve instead, was that ok ? I said yes, would rather get it over once and for all. Now they have 4 surgeons, the waiting lists maybe shorter.
Good luck, next Friday.

So, yesterday saw Mr Rashid (surgeon) and anaesthetist. Signed the consent form and given all of the information on possible things that could go wrong. Weight and height taken, and a brief exam of abdomen to check for any hernias etc.

Was asked if I was willing to take a cancellation (2 weeks notice) said yes, that was ok. I asked if I could have mine after xmas because this is the busiest part of the year, so need to be able to drive and lift things. He explained that it should be ok, but that it might be more than 18 weeks because I asked for the delay.

I was left with no doubt that if I put weight on or did not show any weight loss, that they would cancel the operation on the day or at the pre-op.

So now awaiting a date for the op but at least I am on the list.
So glad you are on the list and I wish you good luck xxxx

Thanks Ian, I’m still undecided, we’ll thars not strictly true, I would like a sleeve but already on Lansoprazole for reflux so I don’t think he’ll do it will probably be a bypass.

Hope you get your date soon Ian x

@Ian2Big
Congratulations on getting closer to a date! Hope it comes around soon for you.

Toni:rainbow:

So just back from holiday today and in the post is a date. I have to go to Luton tomorrow for 9:30 for pre op, hope I havn't put too much weight on over christmas for them to cancel the surgery. Surgery due 23rd Jan.
PANIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good to hear from you Ian and good luck at pre op and with surgery x

@Maria61
Thanks for the good wishes. Everything went ok , had only put on 1Kg since seeing the surgeon, so not a real problem. My only concern is the MRSA test as have had fails in the past but they will contact me if there is any issues.
So back on the milk diet, good job I didn't stop off on my way home yesterday and refill the fridge with food.

@Maria61
Thanks for the good wishes. Everything went ok , had only put on 1Kg since seeing the surgeon, so not a real problem. My only concern is the MRSA test as have had fails in the past but they will contact me if there is any issues.
So back on the milk diet, good job I didn't stop off on my way home yesterday and refill the fridge with food.
Ian, When I got tested for MRSA....it came back postive...in my nose.
But , try not to worry too much about that jeopardizing your surgery, As, if it should come back positive....They may still go ahead with surgery....just seclude you in a room on your own.....rarther than on a ward.
That's what they did with me. But , by the time I left hospital....mine had gone.

Congratulations on the date! And, good luck on the Milk Diet. New Year....New Ian!

Back