• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey

@Maria61
Thanks for the good wishes. Everything went ok , had only put on 1Kg since seeing the surgeon, so not a real problem. My only concern is the MRSA test as have had fails in the past but they will contact me if there is any issues.
So back on the milk diet, good job I didn't stop off on my way home yesterday and refill the fridge with food.
Good luck nearly time for your new life xx

So just back from holiday today and in the post is a date. I have to go to Luton tomorrow for 9:30 for pre op, hope I havn't put too much weight on over christmas for them to cancel the surgery. Surgery due 23rd Jan.
PANIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that's great news ian I'm still waiting

Aw Ian that’s really great news, how exciting for you, good luck Ian

Wow glad you got your op date...how exciting xxxc

they didn't give you much time did they when was the letter sent
They sent the letter 19th Dec, but I had already gone away to stay with relatives and luckily I came back on 9th otherwise I would have missed the appointments

So I have finally got over the shock of getting a date and it being so quick. There are times I still have doubts about having the surgery but know it is the best thing for me so the doubt quickly goes away. Roll on next tuesday and the start of a new phase in my life.
Thanks to all who over the last 13 months, since I stated this journey, have offered support and advice. It has been a great help.

So I have finally got over the shock of getting a date and it being so quick. There are times I still have doubts about having the surgery but know it is the best thing for me so the doubt quickly goes away. Roll on next tuesday and the start of a new phase in my life.
Thanks to all who over the last 13 months, since I stated this journey, have offered support and advice. It has been a great help.
Good luck Ian we are all here to support you

Good luck Ian! That's great you got your date. You have your surgery just the day before mine so it will be interesting keeping up to date with your diary! :) I'll look forward to hearing how it goes Xx

It’s normal to have doubts and wonder if you’re making the right choice... you won’t look back! Good luck.

It is getting so near now Ian, good luck and I wish you every success xx

So tomorrow (tues) is the day, staying with a friend who lives about 30 mins from L&D, so not to early start. Meds by 6am, hospital before 7am.
Will update, when I can.
Exciting! Good luck!

So tomorrow (tues) is the day, staying with a friend who lives about 30 mins from L&D, so not to early start. Meds by 6am, hospital before 7am.
Will update, when I can.
Thinking of you Ian, good luck with your new life xx

Good luck for tomorrow Ian!

Back