• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey

Bling Babe

Was a bit to late to wish you good luck Ian but I hope it has all gone really well, look forward to continuing to follow your journey, hope your recovering and we be able to update us in the near future x

slimkim

I hope all went well with your surgery Ian. Good luck

Sunshine99

Hope all went well @Ian2Big

Good Luck, on your new beginning. :)

Toni :rainbow:

Bling Babe

Hi Ian, hope you are recovering well, take good care x

Sunshine99

We're all thinking about you @Ian2Big , hoping your recovery isn't too bad. When your well, we'll look forwards to reading your updates. Take care.

Toni :rainbow:

Ian2Big

Hi folks, sorry meant to do this update last week.
So went to theatre about 12 ish ,as was 2nd on the list. Put me under and I woke in recovery about 17:30, no pain but on oxygen. Transferred to ward about 21:30.
They had some issues when they put me out as my blood pressure dropped quite abit, so they had to delay surgery till I was stable about 30 mins. So had an extra day in hospital just to ensure there were no further problems. Have to report there as been none.
I am the owner of a gastric bypass (20 millilitre stomach), managing to drink and follow the diet sheet, no real feeling of hunger.
Pain patch has worn off , so are on codeine and paracetamol if i need them.
Anything I have forgotten, just ask.

Missyme

So went to theatre about 12 ish ,as was 2nd on the list. Put me under and I woke in recovery about 17:30, no pain but on oxygen. Transferred to ward about 21:30.
They had some issues when they put me out as my blood pressure dropped quite abit, so they had to delay surgery till I was stable about 30 mins. So had an extra day in hospital just to ensure there were no further problems. Have to report there as been none.
I am the owner of a gastric bypass (20 millilitre stomach), managing to drink and follow the diet sheet, no real feeling of hunger.
Great news! Glad all has gone well. Don’t forget to ask us anything too :D

Maria61

So glad you are ok Ian and I wish you every success with your new life x

Bling Babe

So good to hear from you Ian and glad you have joined the losers, take it easy xxx

OkieGirl

So glad it went, and is continuing, to go well!

sandra overton

Glad everything is well now ian will be looking for you on here to see your ok and losing them stonesx

Lottiewishes

Glad it went well for you. Hope you are recovering ok xxx

Ian2Big

So now 2 weeks post surgery, so on solid food well at least not liquid, it is still only soft foods.
Have lost approx 8Kg (my scales) so are happy, will update my total weight loss after next hospital appointment in early March.
Not really hungry. Bodily functions still at odds , enough said.

Missyme

So now 2 weeks post surgery, so on solid food well at least not liquid, it is still only soft foods.
Have lost approx 8Kg (my scales) so are happy, will update my total weight loss after next hospital appointment in early March.
Wow! Great weight loss. 2 weeks out and on soft food! I’m on week 7 and only went on to soft food last week. 4 weeks liquid, 2 purée and 2 soft food. Sounds like all is going well for you. Are you getting the soft food down? I’ve struggled with this a little.

Bling Babe

Great to hear an update Ian congratulations on great loss

Maria61

Congratulations Ian you are doing so well x

Ian2Big

The issue I have is re-educating myself to have smaller portion. I am still not recognising when my stomach is full and I should stop eating. The consequences of overeating are not nice.

I am living on small ready meals, as not yet in the mood to do any real cooking.

So this my approx intake
Breakfast - Yogurt (small pot) or shake (fruit /milk). Have not tried cereal yet.
Mid Morning - mini babybel cheese or soft cheese (about 2 teaspoons full)
Lunch - Tin of Soup
Mid afternoon - soft fruit with yogurt or made in to shake with milk
Supper - Small ready meal ( fish pie, cottage pie, spag bolognese) anything without rice/potato wedges/noodles or large lumps
Snack - cheese or shake