• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My secret band diary

Tweety baby just stumbled across this and see ur concerns around the foods and not eating the same- I just want to reassure u ... We have ALL felt the same, I specifically remember almost mourning the food loss. I felt so depressed up to 4 weeks after. Then when u get your first full life changes then .... Weight start dropping off and u realise I can eat ALL the food I love ... But I don't eat as much and it's a fab, controlled , unemotional relationship over time u eventually get to have with food , but on a realistic note, it will have it's peaks and troughs ... I'm proof of the rollercoaster ride the band is, god I miss my secret binges at night ... But then going shopping 4st2lbs lighter 5 months down, being a 24 BMI out weighs those awful feelings that play havoc on our self esteem following these naughty binges.

U can still binge/ eat your ice cream etc.,. It will never be in the quantities you on e could, and that's all.

Some people fail the band obviously - it doesn't suit everyone but my story it's been brilliant considering how troubled and lost I was with my food habits. I would go back pre band at all.

The 30th is not far off and I'll be thinking of you darling. (( I too have the band as a secret... Only my OH & daughter know)) my choice.

Keep us posted :-D

Thanks bandedhun and everyone for your posts. Im at that stage where its hard to visualise being thin as i have been fat for sooooo long!

This is what causes me more anxiety because if i cant see it doesn't seem real to me and im gonna fail. Soo many bad habits to kick in to touch.

Ill be ok though once i feel that restriction im sure.

As for the secret, i liken it to when your in the early stages of pregnancy and cant tell anyone. Gonna call it my band baby except in 9 months i should be thinner not fatter. Lol

Well today has been tough. Seaside jaunt and everyone had fish and chips and really took all my will power not to just pop a chip in. The kids left loads of food and normally I would polish it off but it went in the bin. I survived!

Loads more temptation coming my way including Cadbury world! God help me.

3 more sleeps!

So the last two days have been hellish with uber willpower. Hubby and the kids had cooked breakfasts at the hotel whilst i had a cup of tea and a shake. Cadbury world was crazy with chocolate being thrown at you.

On the more positive i was really good and had a soup for lunch and salad for tea. Under eaten though due to sat in traffic or queuing for most of the day.

Had my pre op call this afternoon all booked in and due for 9am on Sat! Cant wait so excited.

2 more sleeps.

Good luck for tomorrow. You must have willpower of steel to deal with Cadbury world etc! More will wore than me that's for sure x x

Its great to log those stats :) more motivation and a great encouragement on those days where extra willpower needed LOL One more sleep hunni and you'll join the rest of us banded nutters LOL Wishing you all the best, so far with the determination you have shown, it will be a breeze :) x x x Keep us posted tomorrow when you up to it

You will be fine babes!

Get ready ..... ??

Back