• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My secret band diary

Well sat here in my surgical stockings and gown. Bit crazy because my times were wrong. I was scheduled for 7am but was told 9 so turned up at 8 and feel rushed a bit TBH. Room lovely and modern.

image-3971350543.jpg

Staff nurse lovely, weigh in and im 14 stone 5lb now woohoo 7lb off.waiting for anesthetist then Prof Favretti. Signing off for now!

Well sat here in my surgical stockings and gown. Bit crazy because my times were wrong. I was scheduled for 7am but was told 9 so turned up at 8 and feel rushed a bit TBH. Room lovely and modern.

View attachment 13255

Aw dont worry, prob better to get done quickly, less time sitting around!! Good luck and hope to hear how you get on later xxx

So ... OMG my stomach is so hard and uncomfortable and my port site is sore but besides being totally knackered im ok.

Went into theater at 12 was discharged at 830pm. Surviving off peppermint tea, water and cocodomol. Scared to eat protein shake. Its been almost 24 hrs, when did everyone first eat?

So ... OMG my stomach is so hard and uncomfortable and my port site is sore but besides being totally knackered im ok.

Went into theater at 12 was discharged at 830pm. Surviving off peppermint tea, water and cocodomol. Scared to eat protein shake. Its been almost 24 hrs, when did everyone first eat?

Hey welcome to the losers bench!!
That hardness is prob all the wind and swelling and it will go down..

The doc had me eat a couple spoonful of yogurt just to see it would stay down, which it did, that was around 20hrs after my op.

when went home and managed about 3 spoons of soup that night.

next day 1/2 can soup.

it will increase each day, just remember to go slow!! xx

so happy your on the other side!! xx

welcome hunni to the other side :) get lots of rest and keep your fluids up...... like u i was discharged on the same night as my op and i ate when i got home, just a couple of spoons full tbh i didn't much feel like eating for the first couple of days . wishing you speedy recovery x x x

Don't be scared,

I are the little custard pots ( well half) and protein shakes, it shouldn't hurt babe at all.

Welcome to banded life now, take one day at a time and ask Loadsa questions if u need too ;-)

Glad your ok :) I had slim fast ice lollies the first day and was fine. Just take it easy and keep sipping water or juice x.

Well just washed my hair and gave myself a flannel wash... So nice. Feeling human and also look 8 months preggas.

Cant wait for the swelling to go down, wind is
gradually with the help of deflatine.

Been more mobile this afternoon. less sleepy. OH says i have more colour in my cheeks.

Today ive had to eat

100 ml of protein shake and 4 desert spoons of soup. Lots of fluids to get the anesthetic out my system.

Been burping a bit as probably took in some air whilst eating.

Stomach been growling alot also.

I have attached my war wounds for you.

image-4023990775.jpg

It's funny looking at yours then mines and where they are located ... Wonder if a right handed surgeon and left handed would work different?? Lol sorry for the silly comment! I will say they look very clean and tidy!!! My tummy looks like night sky... Bruises and punctures from my injections lol xx

Ive got bruising lower down from injecting myself , look like a pin cushion. These socks are doing my head in. 2 bloody weeks!

Back