• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My secret band diary

Oooh wind and mobility issues today, im really uncomfortable and just font want to eat which is making me tired. Just had half a cup of sweet tea and water today.

Took daughter to the cinema as last day before school and I walked passed all the food without a care in the world but squirmed all the way through the film due to the wind pain.

My stomach is so hard, i look preggas.. When does this go?

Found your diary Tweetybaby! Hope you're doing well this week and I look forward to following your progress. I'm just a few weeks ahead of you.

I gave up on the socks today. Just walked, well strolled the dogs for 45 minutes. I figure as long as I'm active every day, I don't need the stockings. Mi went on line and some people are only told to wear the stockings for two weeks. My admission nurse told me I had to wear them for 6'days. My discharge nurse told me 6 weeks

So I'm flying in the face of caution - 10 days. But I intend walking for at least an hour and a half total each day

I gave up on the socks today. Just walked, well strolled the dogs for 45 minutes. I figure as long as I'm active every day, I don't need the stockings. Mi went on line and some people are only told to wear the stockings for two weeks. My admission nurse told me I had to wear them for 6'days. My discharge nurse told me 6 weeks So I'm flying in the face of caution - 10 days. But I intend walking for at least an hour and a half total each day

Thats one hell of a variation! Don't mind wearing them but im only on day 3!

Yes i had to wear them for 2 weeks Eeeek they were a pain, but towards the end i loved em lol i kept them on longer than the 2 weeks ............. they kept me warm in bed LOL hmmmm wind issues girls ...... i'm afraid to say i still (6 months on) have wind issues it no longer stays trapped, instead it fly's free without warning some days LOL Hope your tummy feels better soon tweety hunni :) x x x x x girls your all doing fab

I didn't have any injections other than morning after surgery in hospital. Also didn't have to wear stockings at home. Wind seems to be a way of life now!! Lol. X

my god u got away light :) agree wind a way of life tbh i'm happy with that spent way toooo many years with painful trapped wind now its wonderful lol hubby says i've a wookie in me :)

I'm amazed at how everybody gets different advice! I had a total of two injections in my belly, 1 pre op and 1 post op!

I also didn't have to wear stockings at all ... I did use compression boots overnight after surgery in hospital but nothing since coming home.

Good luck though ... and definitely follow the advice of your team ... we are all after all individuals!

Well ive got a shake and im damn well gonna drink it today! Surviving off less than 60 calories a day is not gonna do me any good in the long run. Weigh in this morning and im 14 st 1 lb thats 4lb since op 2 1/2 days ago. Not complaining but just need energy, im weepy and low today. Need to get my head in it.

I know how you feel the first few days. You don't want to eat but you have to get some calories in. On the days when I didn't eat enough I had a hot chocolate drink! And I never drink milk! Or hot chocolate! I prefer to chew or suck my chocolate ;-) ! It definitely helped perk me up a bit and I still had a great weight loss in my first week!

Babe u really do need to get some calories in or you are just going to feel crappy ...... get some protein shakes in...... i was straight on puree post op. I was having yogurt for breakfast soup for lunch, home made with protein in it and shepherds pie whizzed up for tea. Are you on just liquids? x x x x hugs

Babe u really do need to get some calories in or you are just going to feel crappy ...... get some protein shakes in...... i was straight on puree post op. I was having yogurt for breakfast soup for lunch, home made with protein in it and shepherds pie whizzed up for tea. Are you on just liquids? x x x x hugs

Just on liquids, got a full protein shake in me this morning, and half one for lunch

Just done something really stupid and full of protein energy decided to clean the windows!!!??? God knows... Got all dizzy and have collapsed on the sofa with a thud. Stupid idea or what!

I say let the windows stay as they are for a few more days! You'll be up to that task soon enough :)

Day 4 post op

Trumping a bit more today as i have been more mobile. I don't have any wind pain anymore but my tummy is still swollen and port site sore.

Slept like a log last night and woke up a bit lightheaded..... Took kids to school. Got some milk from asda and came home ate a yogurt and slept on the sofa for an hour and half. Felt tonnes better when i woke up.

Stomach has been trying to communicate with me today. A bit like ive swallowed chewbacka certainly is rather loud!

Good news is im not hungry but bad news is im missing the 'habit' of eating.

Pure boredom.

Back