• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My secret band diary

Banded, don't worry about Xmas until Xmas lol.

However I was away for the weekend with a crowd of girlfriends two weeks ago and my secret had to come out. I was on purée foods though. I think I might just have been able to keep my secret if I had been on regular food.

My friend has a band and she has mastered the art of pushing food about her plate and no one notices she is eating tiny amounts. I am conscious of it because of my band but for years I have not been aware of how little she actually eats.

Im ok still a little in discomfort. Mostly wind!

Yet another blinkin buffet today. Torture. I filled my plate to look normal and just ripped little bits of everything and god damn it i chewed it all leaving the rest, i got up and casually placed my plate on a table far away and noone seemed to notice. Its amazing how many calories are in a egg sandwich :)

So this week has been really hard because ive locked my scales away until Sat on OH advice. I admit its killing me and all the fat thoughts are creeping back which doesn't help with the diet making right choices.

I genuinely feel i have stalled and struggling with hunger. Need a fill and have to wait till 12th oct. Gonna ring and see if any cancellations...

Tweety I had a stall for a week and it was miserable. Chin up and hang on in there. My weight loss has really slowed and I feel like I'm getting nowhere some days. But when I look back at my stats I can see my loss

Tweety I had a stall for a week and it was miserable. Chin up and hang on in there. My weight loss has really slowed and I feel like I'm getting nowhere some days. But when I look back at my stats I can see my loss

It tough isnt it kirsty when you expect it all to go quick for 6.5 grand. No patience lol

Please stick with it girls I had peaks and troughs in my loss 3 week stalls when I hit the low 13s ... Low 12s now low 11s... But I promise you it will all come off. It's really early days you guys and give it till 12-16 weeks in and you will look back and go wow .... Pls just take one day at a time ( I do know exactly how u feel though - wanting it yesterday ) xxxx hugs xxxx

Please stick with it girls I had peaks and troughs in my loss 3 week stalls when I hit the low 13s ... Low 12s now low 11s... But I promise you it will all come off. It's really early days you guys and give it till 12-16 weeks in and you will look back and go wow .... Pls just take one day at a time ( I do know exactly how u feel though - wanting it yesterday ) xxxx hugs xxxx

Banded, read again what you wrote. You made sense you know, have faith x

Well this is a day i don't want again. Full of self loathing and feeling unvalued.

Q: Why are people so bloody selfish? Why cant they think... you know what, I'm gonna put myself out and show my appreciation for what this woman has done for me instead of take take take.

Well no more my friend, my turn to put me first.

I read a post on FB, attached below which sums up my thoughts before i put today behind me and move on from them turnips

image-501698269.jpg

Ah Tweety. Do it all for you. It's nice to be appreciated but self love is the best love of all......check me! Like I am perfect at this, I'm not, but I can try xxxx

Week 5 post op.

On normal foods. Put 1lb ? on but lost 1.5 inch off my hips and 0.5 inch off my waist. Go figure.

Well im feeling better in mood despite. Hurrah! PMToverload.

Id say the hunger started 2 weeks ago. Getting more hungry in the day lately and craving chocolate (typical PMT symptom). I allowed myself a Freddo. The way ive sold it to myself is that its not the large pack of fruit and nut id scoff along with the family bag of doritos. Still its not a lowfat yogurt or a banana is it!

I definitely don't eat as much as i used to! But im eating more than i should.

This i feel is 'need a fill' territory. This is booked for the 12th but going to see if i can move it forward.

Tweety...me too.

I was hoping to get to the new year without a second fill as I am away abroad in December and don't want to be too restricted. But I don't think I can wait that long as I am hungry and my portions are getting bigger - I have 7.5ml n a 14 ml band

Evening girlies i can so understand the hunger grrr just as i went over to solids i could have eaten a scabby horse and his mate, but as you know i still have an empty band and find me hunger pangs are pretty much under control now.... if your try and stick to the 20 20 20 you will crack it and now for me a small portion is enough to keep me satisfied, but i do snack in-between or i now call it 6 meals a day rather than snacking (the head feels better about that) i hope a fill sorts you put but i the meantime stick with it..... Tweet dont beat yourself up over a freddo they are my choc treat @ 95 cals i figure i still want to be normal and have the odd treat..... i most certainly am not depriving myself for the rest of my days LOL wtg on the inch loss it goes like that some weeks no weight loss but inches gone :) wooohoooo x x x x

Thanks guys. Its nice to offload on here, a secret band with noone to talk to about it is hard. To fight this hunger battle is hard too. OH doesn't understand and is stressing over my hunger tonight too! Get a grip man! Lol

OMG! Don't talk to me about secret bands and OH every blinking time my band makes a noise.... Oh FFS I can't stand living with you... Or if I only eat 1/2 a side plate if dinner .,,, ohhhh you've ruined our social life....,!!!! What coz I'm not stuffing my face full of food whenever we have a chance! Puuuffft! ( yes that was a conversation over our mid week roast tonight) moody git!

Yes it's lovely to rant off on here and you will find at some point or another we all have had the same/similar issues.

A problem shared is a problem halved, hope your ok tweets and stick with the hunger try fill up with good choices, bananas , fibres , fruit etc xxxx

Haha sounds just like my OH. "I can see the old habits creeping back" What? Just because I ate 1100 cals today instead of the 200 cals i ate 3 weeks ago!!?? Lol. Numpty, i swear he thinks i can survive off fresh air now i have this band.

Anyway, couldnt stop myself and got on the scales this morning. 3lb loss if you include that weird gain on Sat.

So im 187lb! One pound off a 1 stone loss since op and 2 stone since consultation.

Well done tweets!!! See that weight is coming down!!! :)

Back